Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dr.faramroze

How to: Unlock GSM for Moto X 1st and 2nd gen US Cellular

Hi dr.faramroze, i have the same problems with gsm unlock on my device. Can u help me with understanding what is going wrong. I have your qcn file and made my own backup qcn file. From tread i know that i need to compare them, and there is a problem. What section of nv backup i need to edit and what better not? Please help...

UPD:
After some "paper work" found interesting for me difference in file: /policyman/ue_mode.
Some one have any idea about it? After using EFS Explorer i found that ue_mode some how connected with other files made by carrier...

Edited by Envy Carrie

On 7/12/2016 at 0:03 PM, dr.faramroze said:

QCN backup is not for restoring into another phone. It can only be restored in the same ESN phone. QCN is provided to compare each NV item, side by side, along with the QCN of the locked phone so the hidden RF item will be found. HTC M9/+ requires S-Off for any LTE band modifications. A custom international ROM may also be needed. carrierpolicy.xml in the EFS of M9 will have to be modified. All in all, never try to enable Band 40 on any USC, SPR or VZW phone or be prepared to lose it because the phone will not come in diag mode later.

Thanks Dr for valuable advice. My M9 is S-ON, so will keep away from any such alteration. In future if there is any hope, pls guide me.

Thanks

On 23/3/2016 at 4:40 PM, dr.faramroze said:

Requirements:- QXDM

Not Required:- Root, Bootloader unlock

Steps:-

Part I:- GSM edge unlock

1. Select LTE from mobile networks settings. Remove SIM and switch off phone

2. Boot into bootloader mode and select BPTools, after phone boots, enable debugging

3. Map the comports correctly to QXDM

4. Airplane mode

5. In QXDM, open command prompt, type spc=000000

6. Open NV browser, look for item 441 and make it 0x383 or 0xFFF in band line, click write

7. Look further for NV item 946, write 0x0028 in band pref

8. Lastly item no 1877 and write 2622339 to rf_bc_config line

9. Reboot

10. Phone now boots in global mode, insert GSM SIM and use with EDGE data. CDMA section remains untouched.

Part II:- 3G HSPA+ UMTS 2100 mhz unlock (part II only after getting Edge signal)

1. Select LTE from mobile networks settings. Remove SIM and switch off phone

2. Boot into bootloader mode and select BPTools, after phone boots, enable debugging

3. Map the comports correctly to QXDM

4. Airplane mode

5. In QXDM, open command prompt, type spc=000000

6. NV item 946, write 0x0EA8 in band pref

6. NV item 1877 and write 245891456 to rf_bc_config line

7. Full flash current firmware by fastboot with emphasis on fastboot erase modemst1, fastboot erase modemst2

8. Phone boots in global mode with HSPA+

Note:- Firmware flashing will remove unstable signal issue. All the changes will be permanent. CDMA/evdo remains as it was earlier.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

x1.jpg

x2a.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

hello Dr.faramroze  was try to unlock my moto x2 for GSM  but no success ......when restart its show Roming sign on signal bar after it disappear   .also on lolipop 5.1 data not work for MTS normal or RG type sim .(on 4.4 its work with normal sim)......is GCpro key unlock stock ROM for gsm sim ........... or can we  unlock boot loader and flash indian X2 rom for gsm unlock ........... and please sir advise me   is GCpro key is unlock mostly lg htc samsung handset its worth for money sir or z3x is best for making TOT file or unlocking sir ......please reply thanks 

A direct method of GSM-4G LTE network unlock without changing values is shown on this forum here. http://bbs.gfan.com/android-8010401-1-1.html It has GPT.bin, NON-HLOS.bin and FSG.mbn from ATT Victara 5.1. The author has uploaded a modified USC Victara 5.1 firmware.xml here. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6ED4l8 I assume no responsibility of any content on any other forums. Flash according to your own will.

Thanks a lot Dr., but most of us have already upgraded the XT1093 to Marshmallow so I guess We can't flash a 5.1 firmware /modem now. Pur bad luck.

On 10/8/2016 at 3:42 PM, dr.faramroze said:

A direct method of GSM-4G LTE network unlock without changing values is shown on this forum here. http://bbs.gfan.com/android-8010401-1-1.html It has GPT.bin, NON-HLOS.bin and FSG.mbn from ATT Victara 5.1. The author has uploaded a modified USC Victara 5.1 firmware.xml here. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6ED4l8 I assume no responsibility of any content on any other forums. Flash according to your own will.

Helo DR.Faramroze how can we download it want to try it please help ...........and only flash GPT.bin, NON-HLOS.bin and FSG.mbn from ATT Victara 5.1 ,.......these file and got (gsm global mode ) unLock  .and no need modify nv thanks

Any solution to the Network Locked issue? It pains me that the unlock method shared here did not work. Any help?

On 11/08/2016 at 2:49 PM, ezeuba said:

Any solution to the Network Locked issue? It pains me that the unlock method shared here did not work. Any help?

I downgraded to Android 5.1 and I'm trying to flash the firmware from that chinese site. If you choose to downgrade, do it at your own risk and don't flash gpt.bin or motoboot.img (bootloader.img) becuase they will probably brick the phone. I'm not sure if they can be flashed later but it seems like I have Android 5.1 fully functional now.

1 hour ago, dalew101 said:

I downgraded to Android 5.1 and I'm trying to flash the firmware from that chinese site. If you choose to downgrade, do it at your own risk and don't flash gpt.bin or motoboot.img (bootloader.img) becuase they will probably brick the phone. I'm not sure if they can be flashed later but it seems like I have Android 5.1 fully functional now.

I saw the firmware on the Chinese site but could not make out how to download from there. If you still have this firmware, please kindly upload to Google Drive or somewhere else and kindly share the link. I would like to try it too. Also, what is the outcome of your flashing? Are you unlocked now? Thanks.

32 minutes ago, ezeuba said:

I saw the firmware on the Chinese site but could not make out how to download from there. If you still have this firmware, please kindly upload to Google Drive or somewhere else and kindly share the link. I would like to try it too. Also, what is the outcome of your flashing? Are you unlocked now? Thanks.

was download it and flash it but same result ............no network and ask for unlock code ................. after i convert my xt1093 to t- mobile pure  xt1095 same .there no service and ask for unlock code so what is wrong dont know thanks

37 minutes ago, Gdeepp Sran said:

was download it and flash it but same result ............no network and ask for unlock code ................. after i convert my xt1093 to t- mobile pure  xt1095 same .there no service and ask for unlock code so what is wrong dont know thanks

I'm giving up on it. I'll just sell my Moto X and get a Galaxy S7 or something

Hello Sir,

I followed your tutorial for unlocking XT1055 but unfortunately not able to get any gsm signal after the procedure. But more than that I wanted to ask that whenever I turn the phone on with a SIM, I am getting a notification saying "Activating your phone, please do not turn off". Is this has something to do with the unlocking ??

My phone is on 5.1. Any help will be appreciated

Hello Sir,

I followed your tutorial for unlocking XT1055 but unfortunately not able to get any gsm signal after the procedure. But more than that I wanted to ask that whenever I turn the phone on with a SIM, I am getting a notification saying "Activating your phone, please do not turn off". Is this has something to do with the unlocking ??

My phone is on 5.1. Any help will be appreciated

*#*#4636#*#* phone information band change to LTE/CDMA/GSM auto or use network app

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

Hi. I could manage to have satisfactorily signal, calls and sms in XT1055. But I can not get Edge or 3G data . any suggestions? Thank you.

UPD: Ok i now have EDGE data but it is very unstable :/

Edited by Carlos Arcaya
Update

Hi. I could manage to have satisfactorily signal, calls and sms in XT1055. But I can not get Edge or 3G data . any suggestions? Thank you.

UPD: Ok i now have EDGE data but it is very unstable :/

How did you get past the Network Unlock code part? Or did yours not ask for the code?

On 6/29/2016 at 10:04 AM, dr.faramroze said:

New updated unlock values for XT1055

In QXDM (airplane mode-no sim inside)

1. 441=899 or 903

2. 946=0

3. 1877=899 or 903

4. 2954=0

5. 4548= 899 or 903

XT1055 has a problem of reverting back to LTE/CDMA auto after the above because of some build.prop restrictions. Use a modified version of Verizon Moto E XT1528 adb commands.

adb shell 
pm clear com.android.providers.telephony

settings put global preferred_network_mode 3

settings put global preferred_network_mode1 3

settings put global preferred_network_mode2 3

6. Turn off Airplane mode

7. Power off and Restart the phone

This phone builds sim database in telephony.db upon every sim insertion. Each time we insert a new sim, we have to use the commands. Though with the original values of QXDM, 4G LTE works, it is not very stable. The phone goes back to LTE/CDMA auto if all CDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE bands are unlocked. With these modified values we ensure GSM auto prl works even after soft reboots.

Hello. So with w/this update there is no need to apply "part II" changes?

Part II:- 3G HSPA+ UMTS 2100 mhz unlock (part II only after getting Edge signal)

Edited by andrey.nk

@dr.faramroze

Hello! First of all - THANX a lot for your how-to "how-to GSM unlock for 1055". I get stable GSM signal with it and i greatly appreciate your work.

Please, explain how get mobile data connection. According to your how-to i have to do full flash current firmware. But if i do full flash -> all NV values are reset to defaults and i lose GSM signal and have to start over again.

7. Full flash current firmware by fastboot with emphasis on fastboot erase modemst1, fastboot erase modemst2

Did you mean full flash system.img only or other parts without modem? Please specify exactly what flash parts i have to erase and flash

On 7/11/2016 at 11:43 AM, dr.faramroze said:

This is the qcn backup of a GSM unlocked Moto X 2nd gen US Cellular XT1093. Can read the contents thru qcn view for necessary changes to be made.

8091327A_0.qcn

Hello and good day.

Have you found any solution to the SIM unlock network code issue for US Cellular Moto X 2014? I have tried your tutorial numerous times but still whenever I insert a SIM card it asks for the unlock code. I have seen an unlocked one which never asked for code and accepted GSM SIM card at once without any modification. I still have the phone and it's more or less useless to me now with the unlock code not being available anywhere, even from US Cellular themselves.

Awaiting any help you can render on this.

Thanks.