Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

What about Tamil nadu?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk 2

Finally, end of road for RCDMA... even for circles they wud continue for voice, it would get a second hand treatment. RIP RCMDA

This is gonna be tragic if they actually close it. It's been 12 years and three of us in my family have been on rcdma.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Got following info:

1. There is no confirmed date, official communication is to port out at the earliest.

2. Those on Advance rental plan and FWP / Data Cards are not to be ported out.

• Like 1

Thank god upw is not in list ryt now

Bsnl is shuting down in many circles

Now rim too

Mts is merging

Only tata is there

Is it and of cdma in india ?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

official communication is not telling any dates in these 5 circles . A senior telecom person told me their is a regulatory requirement to give notice of 3 months before u can shut . and as of now they have not given any notice in these 5 circles .

• Like 1

Guess its time and soon the website will change from rimweb.in to rjioweb.in

• Like 2

Poor & Unfair Move from Rcom

The main question is will I be able to use my existing hand sets?

Sprint note 4, sprint g2, htc one m9, Verizon droid turbo?

• Like 2

Port to GSM is bull**** !

RCOM already developgin 4G SIM for CDMA as well as GSM customer they just need to get new 4G SIM which will fallback to GSM network for calls !

NO NEED to PORT HERE and THERE !

4G SIM is in testing ! mya be available after 30 days in select circle ! in Few Circle they might have to surrender CDMA before the 4G SIM comes so they may force to get Temporary GSM by GSM porting ! But again 4G SIM have to be upgraded for GSM customer also /!

I doubt a MDN working on both technology, GSM as well as CDMA, Regulatory norms might get hindered too.

In such scenario, the technology shall get Unified with Unified Plans and Unified SIMs.

i also received sms from Reliance CDMA Punjab Circle

convert your Reliance CDMA Number to GSM Prepaid & get All Calls 25p/Min for 6 months & 100 MB 3G data ( every month for 6 months ) on FRC 2

Port to GSM is bull**** !

RCOM already developgin 4G SIM for CDMA as well as GSM customer they just need to get new 4G SIM which will fallback to GSM network for calls !

NO NEED to PORT HERE and THERE !

4G SIM is in testing ! mya be available after 30 days in select circle ! in Few Circle they might have to surrender CDMA before the 4G SIM comes so they may force to get Temporary GSM by GSM porting ! But again 4G SIM have to be upgraded for GSM customer also /!

Is this different from the new One World SIM they were sending out to the CDMA IR users or is it the same?

This is shocking news... what about High end cdma handsets ?? what about special CDMA plans like Dzero and First Priority What About The Good Network ??? due to which only people loved CDMA !!! I hope Hetal Ji is right... reliance people misguiding to port to reliance gsm for getting new connections...

• Like 1

I doubt a MDN working on both technology, GSM as well as CDMA, Regulatory norms might get hindered too.

In such scenario, the technology shall get Unified with Unified Plans and Unified SIMs.

Hey @mitJ@in , Yes. You are right. They cant work on both technologies. If you some handset manufacturer supprts CDMA then he has to pay royalties to Qualcomm, in GSM it is not so.

4G is evolution from 2G-HSPA, the evolution of CDMA was UMB (Ultra Mobile Band, developed in 2006) but Qualcomm dropped it in favor of 4G in 2008. What we call 3G is actually CDMA technology (if you look at the phones supporting 3G, you will notice the manual/box will say W-CDMA). 4G or LTE is an evolution from both CDMA and GSM but I don't think there will ever be a unified SIM suporting both CDMA and GSM available for public, the technologies are very different. CDMA is dying in India, sad but true.

I am getting calls daily now

What should I do guys. They are going to come to my office if I say yes

Kindly advise

Hey @mitJ@in , Yes. You are right. They cant work on both technologies. If you some handset manufacturer supprts CDMA then he has to pay royalties to Qualcomm, in GSM it is not so.

4G is evolution from 2G-HSPA, the evolution of CDMA was UMB (Ultra Mobile Band, developed in 2006) but Qualcomm dropped it in favor of 4G in 2008. What we call 3G is actually CDMA technology (if you look at the phones supporting 3G, you will notice the manual/box will say W-CDMA). 4G or LTE is an evolution from both CDMA and GSM but I don't think there will ever be a unified SIM suporting both CDMA and GSM available for public, the technologies are very different. CDMA is dying in India, sad but true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removable_User_Identity_Module

• Like 1

But why is that only postpaid guys are getting these calls . I checked with 2/3 prepaid CDMA subscribers and no one has got any calls of network closing down

10 days before I asked to my friend( working in reliance store, became my friend because took more than 500 Rcdma connection for all my colleague and their family) about Rcdma closure..He replied, we are upgrading more and more tower for Rev b and stable data speed, why would we shut down..well I am getting really better speed then earlier. check the pic below and tell me, to whom should I believe?????

post-84953-0-18324500-1459615983_thumb.p

post-84953-0-44893500-1459615986_thumb.p

Damn! What a Dilemma! Everyone Puzzled. :rofl_200:

RCDMA hasn't even planned to shut down in South, so your friend is correct. But what about the north circles, no RCDMA in Punjab, Haryana and HP means that it is useless for a lot of folks living in NCR, me included. TATA has scaled down severely in HP, so can't even switch to that.

Even if they are going to close CDMA in those five circles only, then it will affect CDMA users of other circles like say, they lose pan India roaming, etc.. Roaming used to be a huge plus point and cheaper in Rcdma.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Edited by KanagaDeepan