Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

Which phone you are using

Speeds are impressive

10 days before I asked to my friend( working in reliance store, became my friend because took more than 500 Rcdma connection for all my colleague and their family) about Rcdma closure..He replied, we are upgrading more and more tower for Rev b and stable data speed, why would we shut down..well I am getting really better speed then earlier. check the pic below and tell me, to whom should I believe?????

I was mainly on RCDMA for roaming. This would force a new option.

10 days before I asked to my friend( working in reliance store, became my friend because took more than 500 Rcdma connection for all my colleague and their family) about Rcdma closure..He replied, we are upgrading more and more tower for Rev b and stable data speed, why would we shut down..well I am getting really better speed then earlier. check the pic below and tell me, to whom should I believe?????

Depends on circle to circle. In TN, Rajasthan, Kerala and Karnataka, Rcom didn't get their spectrum liberalized, due to unavailability of the market price in those circles. So those circles are surely safe for now.

Sent from my LS-5002 using Tapatalk

They are in talk with Tata for icr cdma . They can't afford to loose a huge revenue from fwp and data cards . They will try their best to save this base somehow

• Like 1

They are in talk with Tata for icr cdma . They can't afford to loose a huge revenue from fwp and data cards . They will try their best to save this base somehow

i too feel the same thing but its still my gutt feeling.

But TATA themselves don't give a sh!t about their CDMA business.. It took almost four+ weeks for them to give me a replacement CDMA sim (normal size) for my postpaid connection.. They discourage people to take CDMA connection and they don't have ANY CDMA phone just to check the CDMA SIM is working or not -- even in their main company owned showroom, in a big city like Madurai.. Forget about other showrooms in small towns..

It is better for RCdma customers to port out to even pathetic RGsm than using Tata's CDMA network, imho.. The reason why Tata's CDMA network is good NOW, is that they have very very negligible number of customers using the superior CDMA network.. But it can NEVER handle additional load of RCom's CDMA customers and surely there will be degradation of services, at least for RCdma customers..

Simply put, Tata has 2.5MHz of spectrum in most circles except Metros and RCom has minimum 5MHz of spectrum (except Rajasthan with 3.75MHz). Now how will the 2.5MHz of Tata can handle the load currently catered by 7.5MHz (Tata+RCdma) ?? May be, that is why they are moving their most CDMA customers to their GSM network???

Edited by KanagaDeepan

In Maharashtra, Tata indicom provides excellent network. I have two postpaid connections. Though, sales personnels direct customers towards GSM, once u show interest in CDMA, they do provide good info & prevailing offers. I am from Kolhapur, Maharashtra & have been very happy with Tata indicom customer care.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

But why is that only postpaid guys are getting these calls . I checked with 2/3 prepaid CDMA subscribers and no one has got any calls of network closing down

my dad in Chandigarh who has prepaid has got calls and also a sms

this is the sms

Convert your Reliance CDMA Number to GSM Prepaid & get All Calls 25p/min for 6 months & 100 MB 3G Data (every month for 6 months) on FRC 2

For Postpaid there is no offer for conversion.

Min Plan rental is Rs 50 with no talk time. Waiting for ZERO Rental plan else IDEA.

Has anyone got any offer for conversion of post paid number

post-597-0-11599300-1459961819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saurav

@parin bhai

@rdb

@arindamghosh

and all other members from kolkata circle

Any news about kolkata circle

are cdma services closing in kolkata circle also ?

If so what date

Thanks in advance

Why can't Reliance CDMA users take up this matter by complaining to TRAI?

When a network provider gives a connection, it has certain legal boundations to follow. They cant just pack their bags and leave the consumer at no one's mercy.

• Like 2

Min Plan rental is Rs 50 with no talk time. Waiting for ZERO Rental plan else IDEA.

as per dealer one offer is there , dont know authenticity ---jalsa 499

Same as Jalsa 599

basically 100/ bucks discount . I had port in offers on CDMA 50% rental off which also have gone waste as no rental discount offers running now

Where have you seen this advertisement

When a network provider gives a connection, it has certain legal boundations to follow. They cant just pack their bags and leave the consumer at no one's mercy.

At the time of provisioning the service, they make the customer sign on agreement which enable them to snap the agreement, stop the service at any day under a position when 'they are unable to cater any more'. So, legal action cannot help.

• Like 1

At the time of provisioning the service, they make the customer sign on agreement which enable them to snap the agreement, stop the service at any day under a position when 'they are unable to cater any more'. So, legal action cannot help.

Legal action can definitely be taken. Remember life time validity plans? Clearly one is suppose to get service till license validity

• Like 1

Guys , there is no loophole and you can not fight them. Terms and Conditions are always organisation friendly not customer friendly.

Better Wait, watch and Port out as per your convenience...

Any idea what would happen in circles where they have both - their own spectrum and MTS one , like Delhi, Would they deploy LTE on full combined spectrum or some part of spectrum in these circles would continue to be on CDMA till expiry of license in 2021.

And if they are shutting down CDMA completely, what would happen to the the prepaid balance and the official handests purchased from webstores. They just cannot shut overnight leaving all the balance and handsets unusable.

Best is Port Out at earliest to RGSM or any network you prefer.

Today all media reports are reporting same. Just google.

End of RCDMA.

As per media reports its going to be through out India in phased manner.

Reliance franchise in Mumbai have received message to stop new cdma activations with immediate effect. Unconfirmed sources.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So it means end of an era .. Reliance Cdma .. Will be a memory..

Reliance Communications will move its five million CDMA customers to Jio's 4G LTE network from May 4. While the users will continue to be RCom subscribers, the network will be powered by Jio's all-IP based next generation network.

The Anil Ambani-led RCom is leveraging the spectrum sharing pact it had signed with elder brother Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio Infocomm for 4G services. The company will deploy its own 4G network and pre-dominantly use Reliance Jio infrastructure to deliver 4G services. The upgrade will happen in a phased manner. The first four circles to upgrade will be Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha. To enable customer migration, RCom will offer attractive deals on 4G handsets, which could be in collaboration with Reliance Retail.

In a letter earlier this week to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), RCom wrote it intends to offer 4G LTE services to its CDMA subscribers, following the liberalisation of its spectrum in the 800 MHz band. RCom paid Rs 5,383 crore in January this year to DoT to liberalise spectrum in the 800 MHz band across 16 circles. The approval for the same came on Thursday.

In 2013, the Ambani brothers had entered into a comprehensive agreement for optimal utilisation of the existing and future (telecom) infrastructure of both companies on a reciprocal basis.

While the spectrum trading and sharing agreements will give older brother's Jio access to the much-needed spectrum in the 800 MHz band, Anil Ambani's RCom subscribers can now enjoy high-speed mobile broadband seamlessly on both the networks. The arrangement will be similar to intra-circle roaming arrangements that telcos currently have.

The migration of RCom's customers to Jio's network will also be a good test case.

Analysts have raised questions on Jio's ability to offer voice services purely on LTE (VoLTE) as it would not have the conventional method of delivering voice through wireless networks. Jio intends to offer voice through its data networks, which is similar to making calls on Skype or WhatsApp. The partnership with RCom to offer the fallback on voice in select markets could be a game-changer for Jio. Sources claim these tests are already underway.

Jio is also moving closer to launching its services after the Union Cabinet approved the use of Trai's reserve price as the provisional price to liberalise spectrum in the 800 MHz band where no auction had taken place to determine market prices.

Jio's spectrum sharing deal with RCom was stuck as there were four markets where price for legacy spectrum could not be determined. Now the spectrum sharing and trading deal in these four circles (Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Rajasthan) will also go through. Sources claim DoT is expected to issue demand notice next week for these circles. RCom will pay Rs 1,300 crore to liberalise spectrum in these circles, and the spectrum will be liberalised in 30 days. The process of migration of RCom's CDMA customers will be complete once spectrum sharing deal is through for all 22 circles by mid-August. By Mid-August, Jio will have access to 800 MHz spectrum in all 22 circles, paving the way for a formal launch.

Deutsche Bank Markets Research in a note dated April 7 says, the Cabinet decision paves the way for Jio's launch around June 2016. The note says, "The Cabinet decision is crucial for the Jio-RCom spectrum deal. Jio and RCom have entered into a spectrum trading-cum-sharing deal across most markets which requires RCom to liberalise its spectrum before sharing. However, there were four markets which did not have an auction-based price and hence the necessity of the policy decision. The DoT has a 45-day period to approve the sharing of spectrum after the operators file for such a request. We expect Jio and RCom to file for sharing immediately."

Following the deal, both RCom and Jio will have over 10 MHz spectrum in the 800-MHz band in all 22 circles or service areas across India. Jio has acquired spectrum in this band in 10 circles and RCom has it in all 22 circles.

• Like 4

^

so we need not worry about porting to Jio and this seems a win win for all reliance cdma users as we get to use Jio's network + competitive tariff.

^

so we need not worry about porting to Jio and this seems a win win for all reliance cdma users as we get to use Jio's network + competitive tariff.

There is a need to worry

Reason is honor holly 2 plus will not support band 5

If we want to use Reliance cdma 4g then we need to change this handset

Or please tell if there are any other options