Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

Also have a MEID registered handset.. will the call and SMS also not work?

Thought network upgrade will only impact data

Yes for sometime call and text should work till they upgrade fully

And what will happen to our MEID Registered handsets?

(I received this message today and I guess I am in dipression now)

Move on mates. Use those handsets as paper weights. I remember the good old days of PPC 6800 when we were into some serious s#!t.

they could be used as wifi only devices. or permanent navigator/mp3 player for your four wheeler. it could be a for occasional candy crush/temple run.

be innovative and you could surely use them as more than paper weights.

for quite some time now i have avoided going for a cdma only phone. at least anything north of 5-6k. it somehow always seemed like safer choice to keep world phones. specially because i travel a lot and mostly to hills where i often did not find cdma signals. just hoping these phones that i have in my family support at least one of the lte bands.

• Like 3

And what will happen to our MEID Registered handsets?

(I received this message today and I guess I am in dipression now)

Move on mates. Use those handsets as paper weights. I remember the good old days of PPC 6800 when we were into some serious s#!t.

they could be used as wifi only devices. or permanent navigator/mp3 player for your four wheeler. it could be a for occasional candy crush/temple run.

be innovative and you could surely use them as more than paper weights.

for quite some time now i have avoided going for a cdma only phone. at least anything north of 5-6k. it somehow always seemed like safer choice to keep world phones. specially because i travel a lot and mostly to hills where i often did not find cdma signals. just hoping these phones that i have in my family support at least one of the lte bands.

Lolz... You took me quite literally did you not mate. CDMA is dying in India. It is better to accept the fact and move on was my main message. Of course you can use your existing devices for those mundane tasks you mentioned. But will 90% of the exisiting world phones work with the Jio Network's backbone on which RCom will piggyback for a while, is a distinctly remote possibility as some crucial bands and VoLTE is missing from 'most' world phones.

Hope you get the message. Cheers...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 4

Said bye to Rcom long before it could do the same to me ... 2 - 3 testing sims will be wasted but that`s ok ... the have given substantial returns with First time purchases on various sites.

After being on rcom for more than 10 years ... the first time I talked with a Vodafone customer care executive... I almost had a tear in my eyes... Efficient customer care was a myth for me earlier.

• Like 2

NEW DELHI: Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani-owned fourth-generation (4G) technology-based telecom player Reliance Jio Infocomm will strategically leverage VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) app 'Jio Join' that will allow 2G or 3G users to access Jio's high-speed network to make voice calls and download seamless data, a senior company official told NDTV in an interview.

Customers without a LTE or VoLTE device can download Jio Join app on their 2G or 3G device and together with Mi-Fi router, calls will be routed via Jio's high-speed 4G network, Reliance Jio Infocomm SVP & CTO - North Udit Bajpayi told TV channel.

Bajpayi also said that Jio's heterogeneous network with a combination of access technologies such as LTE, Wi-Fi and FTTx integrated with high-capacity IP-MPLS network will give consumers a differentiated experience.

Source: http://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/how-reliance-jio-plans-to-bring-2g-3g-users-to-its-4g-network/51799606

According to this Many people can use there old cdma handset for Calling at home

Edited by parin

JIO = SPRINT/VERIZON/AT&T

All activations, services, facilities will be like those giants of USA.

Jio bringing all Home Solutions, Enterprise Solutions, Personal Solutions under one roof.

RCOM - Backward Systems.

Attached message i got from RCOM attachicon.gifRCOM_mssg.jpg....i believe 4G is happening in Mumbai also !!

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

@parin bhai

@rdb

@arindamghosh

and all other members from kolkata circle

Any news about kolkata circle

are cdma services closing in kolkata circle also ?

If so what date

Thanks in advance

Kolkata cdma will work for now

All people are getting 4g upgrade sms in all India

Dear Customer,we are upgrading CDMA network to 4G shortly.As a preferred customer,await our invitation to experience the BEST4G network.RCOM

For 5 circles they are upgrading which are low revenue zone

Based on Reaction of that they wil deal with other zones

As this 4g is big challenge every customer has to upgrade handsets which is really gonna hit reliance hard

Received same SMS in Kolkata and Delhi Numbers.

So even Delhi NCR and Kolkata CDMA are on the way out. But both circles also have MTS. So have a doubt about what they plan to do with MTS spectrum.

post-91112-0-39239600-1460661798_thumb.p

I was bit surprised when I initially read this thread but actually got see this message myself yesternight.

After the confirmation of this news I'm actually excited and eagerly waiting to watch another round of competition, creative advertisements, growing technology, faster speed and how consumer benefits. Reliance has always been wallet friendly and I hope they will continue with this approach after 4G launch.

I believe it is too early to speculate how they are going to operate the network and what will be the future of CDMA but I'm hopeful that the consumer will be the final winner. However, if given a chance I would love to stay with my old handset that fetches 125KBps average EvDo speed and keep experiencing the best sound quality on CDMA.

Let's hope for the best :-)

Reliance CDMA will CLOSE on 25th April according to the Webworld here. Only existing CDMA customers will be shifted to the LTE network of Jio. Once CDMA closes, you cannot port your number to Reliance CDMA for the time being i.e 1~2 months (like I was planning for my Airtel) till things streamline. Don't know how much truth is there for the latter statement.

I dint think they will close cdma so soon

1st they will offload all cdma customers to 4g in 2 to 3 months

Than they will close it

1x will work in many circles mostly

Let's see what happens

Everyone has his own story for cdma closure

Actually Wats gonna happen is suspense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I see the connection has worsened much in Chennai. Where I used to be able to get EVDO through out the City now its happening in patches. Phone often goes to 1x and heating up a lot.

Reliance CDMA will CLOSE on 25th April according to the Webworld here. Only existing CDMA customers will be shifted to the LTE network of Jio. Once CDMA closes, you cannot port your number to Reliance CDMA for the time being i.e 1~2 months (like I was planning for my Airtel) till things streamline. Don't know how much truth is there for the latter statement.

Dhiraj ji,

Please correct me if I am wrong, I think customer can bring the CDMA number to other circle /city where shutdown has not happened & thereby can port the number. Like if I am from Haryana & CDMA NW goes off & somehow I didn't port out then I can come down to delhi with the CDMA number & can then generate the porting code or can even use data or voice services in roaming.

I hope I am well on track by saying so.

Regards

Vishal

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Will Lumia 550 work with LTE Band 5? Microsoft website indicates following only,

GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz

GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 296.0 kbps

GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps

WCDMA network: Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz), Band 1 (2100 MHz)

WCDMA max data speed DL: 42.2 Mbps (Cat 24)

WCDMA max data speed UL: 5.76 Mbps (Cat 6)

LTE FDD network: Band 8 (900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz)

Sirji any idea what would happen to unspent balance in case of prepaid connections. Normally in case of port-out the unspent balance is forfeited.

Edited by commonman

I confirmed from rim gallery near dockyard station in mumbai that unused balance will be carried forward.

Sent from my EG841 using Tapatalk

Sirji any idea what would happen to unspent balance in case of prepaid connections. Normally in case of port-out the unspent balance is forfeited.
If you switch rgsm balance will carry forward

Cnf by Customer care

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

^^ Balance will be carried forward as per the Web World

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Reliance cdma coverage is still there in West Bengal though it was supposed to be closed today as they had asked people to port by 13th April

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see the connection has worsened much in Chennai. Where I used to be able to get EVDO through out the City now its happening in patches. Phone often goes to 1x and heating up a lot.

I also using in Chennai...going smoothly, do u received any MSG from rcom regarding 4G in Chennai...

post-63129-146071498255_thumb.jpg

post-63129-146071499796_thumb.jpg

post-63129-146071501604_thumb.jpg

4g will be launched very soon in the above 10 circles and cdma services will not continue there after 31st May. Only cdma customers will be upgraded currently. GSM customers will have to wait. For upgrade to 4g all customer has to do is purchase a 4g ready sim and send a sms from his no along with the 19 digit sim no. MNP/INP not required. LTE will b used only for data and fallback of voice will happen on 3g/2g automatically.

Edited by Praveen sinha
  • Like 3

i think samsung A9 A9000 and samsung A9 pro A9100 will support as well as 4G with cdma.....

so far in rajasthan i have many connections in my family and nobody has received any upgrade sms or port sms. the services are working as usual. recently my parents went to nathdwara which is a relatively small town. even there things were working fine. except the tower was closed for one day and local std booth people said its being upgraded to 4g and services will resume next day. they started working fine from next day.

so its true what the future holds is a mystery. as long as rjio provides small plans like 1gb@94 for 28 days i have no qualms.

so far in rajasthan i have many connections in my family and nobody has received any upgrade sms or port sms. the services are working as usual. recently my parents went to nathdwara which is a relatively small town. even there things were working fine. except the tower was closed for one day and local std booth people said its being upgraded to 4g and services will resume next day. they started working fine from next day.

so its true what the future holds is a mystery. as long as rjio provides small plans like 1gb@94 for 28 days i have no qualms.

Rajasthan is not among the circles where sms blast done to cdma customers.

4g will be launched very soon in the above 10 circles and cdma services will not continue there after 31st May. Only cdma customers will be upgraded currently. GSM customers will have to wait. For upgrade to 4g all customer has to do is purchase a 4g ready sim and send a sms from his no along with the 19 digit sim no. MNP/INP not required. LTE will b used only for data and fallback of voice will happen on 3g/2g automatically.

What plans are on offer for RCDMA users migratign to RGSM?

What plans are on offer for RCDMA users migratign to RGSM?

Migrating to RGSM is completely different than upgrading to 4g. You have to do MNP/INP to migrate to RGSM and the plans are not very attractive too. Better upgrade to 4g and ur same voice and data plan will continue. You can use the 4g sim in normal 2g/3g gsm handset also if you dont want to use 4g. Post 90 days you will b eligible for MNP once again.
  • Like 1