Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

Same as first SMS quote..This is followed by "Reliance 4g coming soon" msg..

They have been able a create a mass panic situation.

Shame on millions of RCDMA users.

yes. that too without any public announcement

JIO 4G LAUNCH SAVE RCOM

The emergence of 4G has really disrupted Reliance Communications as it had traditionally depended on wireless data to keep its growth going even as the use of CDMA handsets for voice declined.

RCom is the cheapest and most widespread provider of high-speed wireless data in India, and offers rates of around Rs 25 per GB for relatively high-volume users, while companies like Vodafone, Bharti Airtel and Idea Cellular do not offer rates cheaper than Rs 125 per GB.

While others have been reporting excellent growth in profits due to the ongoing data boom, RCom has seen its finances remain stagnant.

It is in this context that Anil Ambani’s elder brother Mukesh Ambani is getting ready to launch his 4G services across the country in the next two weeks under his Reliance Jio brand.

Once that is launched, RCom will be able to use the same network to serve its customers with 4G services as Jio uses some of RCom’s spectrum for its network. Under a sharing agreement between the two companies, they will share three bands of 4G — 850 (band 5), 1800 (band 3) and 2300 (band 40).

While the 850 band will be used mainly for voice services, the 1800 band will be primarily used for data coverage and the 2300 band for providing extra capacity where data usage is very high.

rcomtariff-4gBoth RCom and Jio will have similar data tariffs to prevent existing RCom users from moving to Jio.

They are not mentioning that they are going to close cdma but there core plan is to shutdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INP is taking less time then MNP. My 1 RCDMA has got converted to RGSM.

RGSM number gets activated after 1 day of CAF Punching.

GAve request on Thursday, CAF punched on Friday. RGSM working on Sunday morning.

Though account number remains same but it gets removed from online Myservices ID.

Add / Delete option on myservices portal is not working from last few days.

Whats about plan and data ? Changed or remained same?

Thanks

From past 2 months RCDMA 1x network at my place (Noida) - 56% no signal

from past week RCDMA 1x network at my place (Noida) - 99% no signal

Looks like tower has been shut or upgraded to LTE. Whatever it is, the handling of this by RCDMA is pathetic. They should have informed the customers about actual dates and situation. As usual they don't care. RIP RCDMA. Bye bye Reliance. No more Reliance (even Jio)

which sector ? i am in sector 121 noida, but no problem in network here as well in ghaziabad.

have you recieved the call/sms to port out or about launching of 4g?

I am in Greater noida. Working fine till now on Evedo network but have got message to upgrade to 4G.

network type changed to 1xRTT in delhi...cdma is dying slowly...:(

network type changed to 1xRTT in delhi...cdma is dying slowly...:(

No evdo??

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

network type changed to 1xRTT in delhi...cdma is dying slowly... :(

am in central delhi

am getting evdo

Any dongle through which one can use RCOM LTE ? The current cdma dongles will get useless in few days.I think the dongle must support 850mhz then only it can be used for rcom lte.

Though I have a good understanding of RCom 4G upgrade process (thanks to this forum), I decided to check in at a Reliance Mobile store in Vashi Railway Station building , Navi Mumbai. The staff pounced on me and asked me to port to RGsm immediately as the CDMA services are going to stop on 25th April. I probed her about the kind of handsets supported by RCom 4g and the band/frequency on which it is launched but failed to get the answer. If this is the way they are handling this sensitive process, many CDMA customers will immediately port to Vodafone or Airtel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If u not willing to leave cdma don't hurry just wait and watch

As there is no official public announcement to close cdma from Reliance

It's all verbal from web world

Edited by parin
  • Like 6

I am not gonna port out cdma easily. At my place, it still have the best network, stable evdo data. I tried all, i travel daily from central line to south mumbai. I tried all gsm, but none comparable when it comes to data in motion. In motion cdma works best. Even my office is located in tall tower, rcc block towed. We dont have any network in there, except cdma. Vodaphone works bit after booster. None other works. I am not sure if 4g will be worth enough, unless i am really convinced.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Maybe its a progaganda and trick by reliance. Lol interesting read. http://www.in.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/Verizon-to-shut-off-2G-3G-CDMA-networks-by-2021/articleshow/38982710.cms

This is what they are trying. Eventually they wont kill it completely but want people to migrate to 4g or rgsm.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

In Punjab for several hours during day & Early Morning CDMA phones do not work.

When contacted R Mobile store they asked to convert to RGSM as CDMA services will keep disturbing.

No so problem on RCDMA numbers converted to RGSM

So wait can be dangerous, as we miss several calls during down time.

I agree with Parin Bhai, I was getting calls as well being Punjab subscriber but I told the chaps that I will be using the number in roaming at Delhi, so that ways it remains active.

Regards

Yes web world people have been only told to stop new CDMA activations till further notice. Its rumour they spreading own their own that CDMA will be shut down completely... Their is no official announcement from Rcom yet..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

my dad in chandigarh woke up to no cdma network

5circles are low revenue and they will close any how in this circles as they don't worry for those circles

A but high revenue zones like gujrat Maharashtra karnataka may see delay

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

^which are these five low revenue states?

Punjab

Haryana

Himachal

West Bengal

Orissa

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk