Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

seems the network returned in chandigarh

my dad has received this sms - We are upgrading our CDMA service to 4G. If you are interested to migrate your CDMA number to our GSM service, write GSM and send to 55874 RCOM

does this mean he wont get 4G LTE but they want to migrate him to RGSM once he sends them the sms

does the word migrate mean port for punjab circle ?

i have asked him to do nothing as of now. any clarity will be appreciated.

Nitin,

If its primary number better port it at earliest.

In Punjab Circle none of Reliance Store is aware of 4G SIM till now.

Network down happens frequently. Might be deliberately to make the customers shift. After today's No Network many people ported.

If its a secondary number then u can wait.

Nitin,

If its primary number better port it at earliest.

In Punjab Circle none of Reliance Store is aware of 4G SIM till now.

Network down happens frequently. Might be deliberately to make the customers shift. After today's No Network many people ported.

If its a secondary number then u can wait.

The sms sent to punjab and the rest of us is different. why is Rcom hell bent on migrating them to GSM.

does this mean Jio is not coming in chandigarh?

1. Reliance will Upgrade its network to 4G and all CDMA customers will be transferred to 4G and they will shut down CDMA network. They will use CDMA 800-850 mhz frequency to deploy 4G.

2. CDMA customers will be migrated to 4G first. RGSM users have to wait for 1-2 or some months as they will keep having working network.

3. if you do not have 4G handset either you sim will provide 2G/3G connection or just 2G for call.

4. No need to port to RGSM as it is internal network technology upgrade.

5. Yes in another way CDMA users will be migrated to GSM but it may be not same as porting to RGSM.

6. RCOM and JIo will share 4G network vice versa and Jio will use RCOM 2G/3G. network for fall-back for data and voice as required.

7. Regarding GSM coverage for reliance it is expected to be going much better as per store person info on phone they will be having doubling the towers as JIO towers will also server RCOM users.

8. Jio do not have 3G/2G bandwidth but I think that does not mean that RCOM cannot user there infra. i.e. towers to boost / enhance their GSM network.

9. Jio will use their Infra like fibre etc. and Rcom's spectrum to service it's customer and I expect it will be vice versa.

Reliance stores in Delhi are clueless. My HTC 826 was snatched, so I needed to buy another CDMA phone so came to RIMWEB to get an idea about handset. When I came to know CDMA customers will be ported to 4G, I visited the store and asked them for clarity as wasting money on CDMA phone would be a bad idea in that case. They had no information.

They just said CDMA would close by 31st May. And dongle users will be able to use MTS network.

in Bangalore, everything is normal. Reliance guys are selling cdma dongle, postpaid connection in front of my office. Just now discussed cdma shutting down issue with them and they simply told, " then why are we standing here" and we do not have any information on cdma closure as we are selling every cdma product including handset. Even I am not facing any issue, getting Rev b with turely 9 mbps speed.

Cdma phone and connections are no more available in reliance stores in ghaziabad.

in Bangalore, everything is normal. Reliance guys are selling cdma dongle, postpaid connection in front of my office. Just now discussed cdma shutting down issue with them and they simply told, " then why are we standing here" and we do not have any information on cdma closure as we are selling every cdma product including handset. Even I am not facing any issue, getting Rev b with turely 9 mbps speed. [/quot

Dear Sameer,

Banglore region is not among the first regions where shutdown is going to happen, Blore is indeed last one's, so dunt worry. Enjoy d flavor untill then.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Got the following message by email a while back, We have about 8 nos of reliance cdma connections in Bangalore.

"Dear Customer,
Get ready for the true 4G experience. As our preferred customer,await our invitation to experience the BEST 4G network."

post-43901-0-30261700-1461145742_thumb.j

in Bangalore, everything is normal. Reliance guys are selling cdma dongle, postpaid connection in front of my office. Just now discussed cdma shutting down issue with them and they simply told, " then why are we standing here" and we do not have any information on cdma closure as we are selling every cdma product including handset. Even I am not facing any issue, getting Rev b with turely 9 mbps speed. [/quot

Dear Sameer,

Banglore region is not among the first regions where shutdown is going to happen, Blore is indeed last one's, so dunt worry. Enjoy d flavor untill then.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Hi vishal,

Thanks a lot for confirmation..

Which city?

Hyderabad . From 25 th or 26 th april 2016 they are upgrading to true 4g as per reliance mobile store people. From 23 rd april 2016 they will issue reliance 4g sims only for existing reliance cdma people

@ parin bhai and others from Kolkata circle

Any news about cdma shutdown in Kolkata

My number belongs to Kolkata and I have permanently moved to Gujarat

But I am on roaming

On 8 I generated upc for national mnp and given for porting requests to tata gsm Gujarat

Tata people called me for local address verification but till now my Kolkata rcdma sim working

I don't know what is happening

By the way my number is primary and very very fancy number

Pls tell me wat is the scenario

Thank s in advance

In the eight circles where MTS is operational, this will be optional, while in the remaining circles, it will be mandatory or the user will lose his or her number when the CDMA service is shut down to make way for 4G.

The 4G SIM will work only in 4G-enabled handsets and not in CDMA handsets.

Read more at http://rtn.asia/t-t/19146/reliance-cdma-switch-gsm-plans-4g-upgrade-jio#10oAiT0yPEhbyYhq.99

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

@ parin bhai

Is it possible for me to exchange my Kolkata old rcdma sim with new 4g sim in Gujarat when they launch 4g sim

Kolkata Gujarat both has MTS

Anyway to get 4g on sprint HTC One m8?

At present, the 850 MHz band has been tested only in certain states (where MTS is present). However, over the past 10 days or so, the two companies have been carrying out extensive testing of the 850 MHz 4G network across the country.

This has disrupted RCom’s CDMA service, in turn leading to consumer dissatisfaction. However, the company has urged its subscribers to hold on till Monday and then get their CDMA UIM cards swapped for a 4G SIM card.

The 4G SIM card does not require a 4G handset to be used, and works on 95% of the existing handsets in India, according to company sources.

Read more at http://rtn.asia/t-t/19156/watch-reliance-jio-starts-ad-campaign-4g-dhoni-co#C0I9SiR5MayjmXSL.99

The 4G SIM card does not require a 4G handset to be used, and works on 95% of the existing handsets in India, according to company

How ? Only for voice and SMS ?

@ parin bhai

Is it possible for me to exchange my Kolkata old rcdma sim with new 4g sim in Gujarat when they launch 4g sim

U need to port to gujrat cdma 1st

Simple

@ parin bhai

Which imported handset will work on upgraded 4G sim with data and call

The 4G SIM card does not require a 4G handset to be used, and works on 95% of the existing handsets in India, according to company

How ? Only for voice and SMS ?

Data on 2G or 3G

• Like 1