Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

In the eight circles where MTS is operational, this will be optional, while in the remaining circles, it will be mandatory or the user will lose his or her number when the CDMA service is shut down to make way for 4G.

The 4G SIM will work only in 4G-enabled handsets and not in CDMA handsets.

Read more at http://rtn.asia/t-t/19146/reliance-cdma-switch-gsm-plans-4g-upgrade-jio#10oAiT0yPEhbyYhq.99

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Meaning that in circles like Delhi and Kolkata where MTS is also available, users may be given the option to opt for MTS SIM?

Also, I have a Delhi SIM on roaming in Kolkata. Can I take a 4G SIM from Kolkata and migrate the number? Or do I need to obtain SIM from Delhi only?

Edited by commonman

In the eight circles where MTS is operational, this will be optional, while in the remaining circles, it will be mandatory or the user will lose his or her number when the CDMA service is shut down to make way for 4G.

Read more at http://rtn.asia/t-t/19146/reliance-cdma-switch-gsm-plans-4g-upgrade-jio#10oAiT0yPEhbyYhq.99

Meaning that in circles like Delhi and Kolkata where MTS is also available, users may be given the option to opt for MTS SIM?

not sure

Just received a txt on my Reliance CDMA prepaid no, which already has been registered for 4G upgrade.

When I got the text, Ruim was on my basic handset. The message says: Switch over to MTS network and enjoy seamless coverage accompanying the best customer friendly service. Kindly visit your nearest MTS store today. Hurry!!

does it mean Rcom wants to shut down its cdma business, and use its own 800mhz for LTE and mts' spectrum for cdma?

not sure

Based on this post and the above post, seems to be a possibility

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37711-reliance-cdma-network-upgrade-to-4g-lte/page-5#entry325168

Edited by commonman

Bought new CDMA prepaid connection today.but not yet activated

Malviya Nagar Delhi Reliance store has mentioned that 4g sim will be available from 5th May in delhi and did not answer the question when asked about cdma closure, but had a sheepish smile while answering

Its time to embrace crap RGSM network in the name of 4G upgradation.

• Like 1

Kindly someone update about Delhi circle, as I have to go out of town for a month to Patna, on 26th April.

Its time to embrace crap RGSM network in the name of 4G upgradation.

I would rather move to MTS.

i think in MTS circles u can refrain from upgrading to 4G & Be on Reliance - MTS Network

• Like 1

mts porting is closed as its Under Relaince

• Like 1

They sale only Datacard ...NO sim card.

Mts circle will be there live for few days than even mts is gonna close

Only tata will be left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more at http://rtn.asia/t-t/19146/reliance-cdma-switch-gsm-plans-4g-upgrade-jio#jJ6jD6vOPlHmbDka.99

Hi.

I finally got 4g rcom sim. They asked for 125 rs. In which 25 rs sim cost and 100rs first recharge is compulsary they say and i will get full talktime. They say 10gb free data for first month and 100 rs talktime. ceb9d15096ba1c35603cdd238c7a8fc8.jpg4de3383af72c6bb1dd2576b8774c35f7.jpg

I wanted to buy 4 sims but i got one to test. I will only port out if network is good or else i will stay on cdma untill its dead.

Let me test it out. They also said it gonna start form 4th. I was like wtf today is 25th. But i guess it will start early. They are also fooling customer by saying cdma will shut down on 30th and i dont think it will. Cause his smile was sneaky.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ok here the pic of sim.

5f90450154baff1ac90a32021c1e272e.jpg137662db1ad732b84da30fefa6768540.jpg

• Like 1

@sunilromy any information, when the 4G SIM will be activated or it is already activated?

In UP East circle, retailer said 4G SIM will be activated in next 2 days.

@sunilromy any information, when the 4G SIM will be activated or it is already activated?

In UP East circle, retailer said 4G SIM will be activated in next 2 days.

He said me same it will take 2 days. lets hope it should be activated asap. but he also said it can also be activated on 4th may. idk.. as per customer care ivrs they say within 2hrs when you dial 1299 lol

@Sunilromy, please help with the internet speed review?

Yes definately. I have inserted my sim on samsung j7, it get detected as reliance 4g, networks come for 2 3 second and disappears. as soon as they activate it, i will test it and let you know.

• Like 1

Sunil, you have to surrender your existing CDMA sim, right ? Do you also need to submit ID proof etc again ?

Sent using Tapatalk

Sunil, you have to surrender your existing CDMA sim, right ? Do you also need to submit ID proof etc again ?

Sent using Tapatalk

Nope. I gave him my sim, he just sent activation request from his phone and return it back. Now my cdma sim is working yet. Its my secondary number, unless i am sure with good voice and data i am not gonna go jump for 4g. No documents are required. Just 125 rs and sim card. Its available in thane store. They said each store got only 200 4g sim cards, so they arent giving it in bulk and they activating it themself.

• Like 2

Thx Sunil....that was contrary to what was told by cc people(198).

What about compatible handsets?

Sent using Tapatalk