Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

I also confusion about TN and chennai circle...anybody any idea

TN, Karnataka, Kerala and Rajasthan are last to shut down CDMA services say after 3 months from now. So enjoy Rcdma for 3 months...

Reason is there is no auction specified price for liberalisation of spectrum in those circles. But since now trai found out a solution for this issue, dot allowed liberalisation of CDMA spectrum of those circles recently.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here in hyderabad, for prepaid sim is free. only they are charging Rs.93/- as FRC and u get all above stated benefits on this existing cdma sim immediately...

Here in hyderabad, for prepaid sim is free. only they are charging Rs.93/- as FRC and u get all above stated benefits on this existing cdma sim immediately...

How long does it take for the new 4G sim to start services?

visited another fofo for 4g sim and there the executive told me Rs. 300 per SIM. when i asked the bifurcation, he did mention 97 Rs. FRC but regatding other 203 Rs. he went blank and started emphasizing on 1 GB 4G data..

Sent from my LG-D859 using Tapatalk

Edited by aalok

Got the 4G Sim from the Reliance Web World Store in Kalkaji Delhi, the store manager took my phone and sent SMS to 1299 , and i got the message

Dear Customer,Request of 4G upgrade is not available on your mobile number. Please send request from a Valid CDMA Number. Rcom

even the guy at the store was clueless, he said that 4-5th May is when the activations will start, and Reliance CDMA will shut down in delhi by 15th May, i dont trust him since there was another guy who said that we recieved very limited number of 4G SIM's. also they charged 25/- for the SIM Card

and took down my number and told me to get back to me

Also, i sent out a Port request but havent gotten back the port code yet, called 198 the lady said till the time you dont pay your bill , you wont get port code.

Dont know what is happening. i am getting worried about losing my number

As per reliance stores personnel, New 4G SIM will get activated by 04th or 05th May..

@ranpeet

Seems like you have a postpaid connection, then probably you will receive your 4G SIM by courier as posted by @abhi.r in following thread:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37711-reliance-cdma-network-upgrade-to-4g-lte/page-13#entry325599

visited another fofo for 4g sim and there the executive told me Rs. 300 per SIM. when i asked the bifurcation, he did mention 97 Rs. FRC but regatding other 203 Rs. he went blank and started emphasizing on 1 GB 4G data..

Same here in Varanasi also, asking for Rs. 300/- for 4G SIM, Rs. 97/- FRC benefits are - Unlimited RCom Local & STD, 150 Min to others, 1GB EVDO data for 30 days (pre-4G activation), and post 4G activation - 10GB 4G data, 1GB 2G/3G data, Unlimited RCom, 150 Mins others.

Reliance Store/WW people are trying to earn some extra cash as people are not much aware of 4G up-gradation & official website doesn't have any information.

Complain at 198 or send a mail to customer care. 4G SM is supposedly free.

No offers for postpaid customers?

Sent from tapatalk

I got sim

Reliance store person said me after 4th may rcom will work with jio network for one month or 2 because rcom is upgrading network band ..

It's true ??

Which phone's will work after 1 or two months ??

Run gurus please reply with the right answer

I think most senior members are saying that a 4G Volte enabled phone is the best option. It should support Bands 3, 5 & 40.

I did some research & on the budget range I think the Samsung Galaxy On5 is a good option. It supports all the above, is built reasonably well & sells for around 8k:

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-on5/p/itmedhx3uy3qsfks?pid=MOBECCA5BJUVUGNP&al=K3oDzLPIAsOP5P%2BXd98L0sldugMWZuE7Qdj0IGOOVqtBAKbRQQ%2FoyS39taKTf%2F%2FMHn4EQYwWgFw%3D&ref=L%3A-6432181019323839660&srno=p_2&findingMethod=Search&otracker=start

Please pool in other good options. By good I mean apart from support the tech it should also be well built, with a good display, decent battery, durable etc.

No Calls or SMS in Chennai. I guess this will be amongst the last sector for Reliance to upgrade to 4G

same here in bangalore..

Got the sms "Reliance 4G coming soon. CDMA users, Get ready for the True 4G experience. Thank you. Reliance." on Saturday.

As per reliance stores personnel, New 4G SIM will get activated by 04th or 05th May..
Yes I got my SIM today from Sri Nagar colony .. the executive is saying 7th May and told me that the CDMA Network will be active for another 2months....he was when I asked him about the device, he told me that you can use in your normal device and it will still support 2g network with data...I am using HTC ONE DUAL SIM ..to check that I inserted my Airtel 4G SIM I was working on 3g network fine. So we can upgrade our device slowly and in the mean while you use the JIO network in your existing device.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

I received 4G SIM by Bluedart! I had already got two SIM free of cost, one for prepaid and postpaid. One thing is clear 31st May onwards there will be no CDMA.

I have my flight tomorrow, will forward all call to my alternate number as I am not sure if it will work in Bihar as there used to be 1x only in Bihar. But as per cc, services has been stopped over there. But 4G launch hasn't been done there either.

Has anyone's SIM been activated? When will it get active?

I think most senior members are saying that a 4G Volte enabled phone is the best option. It should support Bands 3, 5 & 40.

I did some research & on the budget range I think the Samsung Galaxy On5 is a good option. It supports all the above, is built reasonably well & sells for around 8k:

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-on5/p/itmedhx3uy3qsfks?pid=MOBECCA5BJUVUGNP&al=K3oDzLPIAsOP5P%2BXd98L0sldugMWZuE7Qdj0IGOOVqtBAKbRQQ%2FoyS39taKTf%2F%2FMHn4EQYwWgFw%3D&ref=L%3A-6432181019323839660&srno=p_2&findingMethod=Search&otracker=start

Please pool in other good options. By good I mean apart from support the tech it should also be well built, with a good display, decent battery, durable etc.

My personal experience with Samsung have been awful. I have used their Samsung Grand and Samsung Note 3 Neo. I have seen people using other phones of Samsung. Samsung Mobile phones hang a lot and are last to get OS upgrades. It's better to own K3/K4 note or Moto G 3 than to have Samsung. Samsung's extended warranty is also very expensive.

Samsung's radios are quite low in catching signals. Performs okay if you are in good coverage areas otherwise calls drops or no network in mid/low coverage zones. Motorola phones are better option in my opinion as well.

Samsung phones have good re-sale values. If you wish to change phone often then getting a Samsung phone is okay.

Bhai log, roj sms and calls aa rahei hai. But kisi ka bhi sim activate hya hai kya 4g par??

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bhai log, roj sms and calls aa rahei hai. But kisi ka bhi sim activate hya hai kya 4g par??

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hehe I sent sms with the SIM number to 1299 but I am still getting that my number is ready for 4G and asking me to call 1299.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

I also confusion about TN and chennai circle...anybody any idea

If you have any news pls inform us bro.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

Sure I also waiting about 4G

To those are regular R-CDMA customers:

When you get the 4G SIM, your old RUIM is collected by the store or not?

Now you get 4G SIM, is it activated? I mean until 4G comes, can you make calls and texts with the 4G SIM ?

Last day I had chat with Reliance CC on their InstaCare app

1. 4G SIM price - Rs 25

2. pre migration offer - 150 min for local and std calls and unlimited all india R2R calls and 1GB data (that will work on EVDO) for 30 days.

Post migration offer - 10GB data + voice offer can be carried forward.

That comes with Rs 45 RC.

3. Cant comment on 4G regular plans.

Samsung's radios are quite low in catching signals. Performs okay if you are in good coverage areas otherwise calls drops or no network in mid/low coverage zones. Motorola phones are better option in my opinion as well.

Samsung phones have good re-sale values. If you wish to change phone often then getting a Samsung phone is okay.

Samsung phones prices always down after 2 or 3 months that's not good for resale

Motorola phones prices down slowly Motorola phones ui is better than Samsung

Motorola not have enough models but Motorola phones are intelligence and great battery life

• Like 1

A lil bird tells me that Punjab may get delayed till december

I really do not know how confident these guys are but do see movement from at least 70 percent people to Idea or Vodafone as RGSM s**ks bigtime

A lil bird tells me that Punjab may get delayed till december

I really do not know how confident these guys are but do see movement from at least 70 percent people to Idea or Vodafone as RGSM s**ks bigtime

Rohit delay will be for 4G launch till December or CDMA will remain active till December.