Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

when are they activating the CDMA number to 4G ??

got my sim 5 days back,but not yet got activated ??

any date??

Rcom 4G SIMs are not activated any where. I guess, as soon as it does, forum will be full of speed tests, reviews etc.

I also confusion about TN and chennai circle...anybody any idea

If you have any news pls inform us bro.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

Sure I also waiting about 4G

I went to reliance store today in chennai.they told cdma will converted to GSM soon..

everyone is so eager for 4g, its like the moment these sims get activated and the ultra high speed bandwidth starts working..........something is going to explode :Sorprendido::wOOtjumpy: and give way to new means instantly. it is going to be exciting but doesnt matter if these connections start working in a week or few weeks from now. :grinning:

its not going to be a life altering experience straight away, :smiley-bounce022: yes in longer run it will lead & pave way for great possibilities. till then hold your horses all the enthusiastic people. being prepared for the new tech is great, the anticipation is fascinating but there isnt gonna be much change once the top of your smartphone screen shows LTE instead of EV, 3G or H+ :giggle:

i know this is not going to stop any of our forum members craze but i just had to vent out here. :icon_rofl::yahoo:

• Like 7

Correct VA

I Think this will take time mostly 25th May

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Nothing will happen network is going to be super pathetic

After testing most of us would port out

I agree that nothing is going to change drastically except if CDMA shuts down, I might need to buy a new handset for my dad in Mumbai or he needs to port out to some other provider. Secondly, my EC315 is going to be useless in Pune because I will no longer get the ₹149 - 10GB plan. Hence in any way I see it is just a cost increase.

i am getting JIO signals in Lucknow using BSNL sim(network search) it is UP East circle... But Lumia 635 supports 4G on Bands 2, 4, 5, 7 and 17

Does it mean RJIO is using CDMA bandwidth of RCDMA in Band 5 to launch its 4G and both will be sharing the same?

Received a call today on my Delhi postpaid number from someone claiming to be calling from "Reliance"

The lady started with saying that CDMA service is going to be closed down so Reliance is offering GSM service. The "field officer" would come to my address and collect address proof, ID proof and 2 photograph. Then I can choose from one of the "great" plans. When I started countering that the 4G SIM is supposed to be given directly and there is no requirement for providing any papers, the girl seemed surprised that I am aware of the actual details. Still she tried to persist saying that later you have to go to the webworld and pay more etc etc. I told her to go fool someone else.

But it shows that some franchise are trying to fool people into porting to R-GSM (the requirement for fresh KYC was what alerted me).

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

I have one good news and one bad news.

Good news is procedure to upgrade to 4G in 9 circles came on official site. Link:-

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/4G/4G_overview.html

Bad News is for the guys who were eager to do upgrade. As the site mentions that to get benefits of free data, calls, etc you need to do recharge first then upgrade SIMS.

So it's dicey for people who upgraded SIMS 1st & recharged later whether they will get benefits or not.

Postpaid users not required to do anything.

Also it's clear that 1st they will upgrade all users to new sims then they will switch off RCOM CDMA & Switch on 4G later and everyone in these 9 circles will get 4G at same time.

So be patient and upgrade your sims, there's enough time for all.

Also here the point to be noted is of this 9 circles only 2 are where RJIO has spectrum. So lets see how it goes down the line.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

This is an issue in Bihar. CDMA network has vanished from most places, no 4G offing either! So they are digging their own grave. They had the highest and loyal customer base for more than a decade now. Sad for Reliance

For those who still want to hang on to CDMA based handsets can approach nearest BSNL CSC and collect new prepaid/new postpaid or CDMA MNP blank sim cards. BSNL RUIM work on most Sprint/USC/Verizon phones. BSNL has very cheap 1x and evdo plans beneficial for users owning handsets like Tribute, HTC 510, LG Volt2 etc. Tata Indicom also gives out all services and there has not been any public notice of it's closing down. If any Tata Indicom store person refuses to provide MNP sim or prepaid or postpaid, make a call to Tata cc and they will ask the store guys to give. I will provide some assistance to RCDMA subscribers from Gujarat willing to port to any of the above.

Edited by dr.faramroze
  • Like 5

BSNL also shutting off CDMA and switching to 4G on 850 Mhz

Let's breath till last

Thumbs up for Dr Framroze

• Like 1

Indeed BSNL CDMA is very good option but coverage is not upto the mark, relatively less towers than their GSM service as per my experience. Few years ago BSNL gave CDMA handsets to their field staffs (lineman etc.) for communication, sadly all returned back due lack of coverage. Secondly, it is very hard to find proper plan, stv etc. online. Online recharge site e.g., Paytm, Freecharge, some time work and some time don't. BSNL yet to integrate CDMA recharge service to their recharge/bill payment portal.

I have used TATA CDMA and ended up getting negative balance. Customer care told that their prepaid billing system is laggy.

For those who still want to hang on to CDMA based handsets can approach nearest BSNL CSC and collect new prepaid/new postpaid or CDMA MNP blank sim cards. BSNL RUIM are fairly new technology and work on most Sprint/USC/Verizon phones. BSNL has very cheap 1x and evdo plans beneficial for users owning handsets like Tribute, HTC 510, LG Volt2 etc. Tata Indicom also gives out all services and there has not been any public notice of it's closing down. If any Tata Indicom store person refuses to provide MNP sim or prepaid or postpaid, make a call to Tata cc and they will ask the store guys to give. I will provide some assistance to RCDMA subscribers from Gujarat willing to port to any of the above.

BSNL has been wasting CDMA spectrum from the beginning and their EVDO coverage is very very very limited, even though the sub-1GHz frequency is used.. Some 2.5 years back, when they are closing their WiMax services, I got their RUIM (for the UL EVDO @ Rs999 plan) and tested in my Samsung Galaxy someOtherSh!ttyQVGA_Android handset, that cost a bomb. There is NO EVDO signal even in my third floor or even in terrace. But their tower is visible from my room there or simply there is no Line of Sight issues. For comparision sake, TATA covered whole of our big town Sivakasi + near by small town Thiruthangal + more than half a dozen villages by using JUST 2 TOWERS..

It is better to port to some other operator or even lose our number than banging our heads over BSNL staffs, especially wrt their CDMA services.. Even friendly BSNL staffs (at least to me) in my town has almost NIL knowledge about CDMA services..

Reg TATA, at least in TN, I got a call today that, they are going to switch off CDMA services in whole of TN from May15. I got two TATA CDMA postpaid numbers on Feb 2016.. On further enquiry, they said, TATA is going to launch 3G in TN (Tata has NO 3G in TN till now) after shutting their CDMA services, may be narrow band 3G (using just 2.5MHz) on band 5 (850MHz). I have asked my relative, who was once a dealer for Tata, confirmed this, but still I have doubt and please take this info with a pinch of salt.. I will add more info, when I get confirmed news..

Right now I am in MP+CG circle (where TATA has 3Gsm license), but there is NO news about TATA closing their CDMA services here. May be they are first focusing on circles where they don't have their own 3G services..

Launching NB 3G services (which includes voice services naturally) on 850MHz (like AT&T in USA) is better than launching NarrowBand 4G on same and using their sh!tty 2G coverage (on 1800MHz) for voice fallback. Reason is their 2Gsm coverage will be much much smaller than 850MHz coverage for sure..

But only thing is, BSNL has license till 2020 and mostly 2.5MHz spectrum only (except Kerala and AP, where it has 3.75MHz)..

If Reliance does injustice to it's oldest loyal customers, that policy is not followed by everyone. I provided an option to those people who do not possess handsets having GSM capabilities and that they would have to bear equipment loss. Topic here is not about EvDo coverage and speed. It is about using them on a compatible CDMA network. A huge capital is involved in the former business and any ray of hope could be beneficial to end users to retailers to importers. The assumed deadline of 31st May 2016 followed by Reliance store personnel leaves the ever satisfied CDMA subscriber in confusion ultimately making a wrong decision in haste and due to lack of information. RCom's 4G fever may come down soon after the newly attracted 4G centric customer faces 2G fallback issues. It is premature to certify complete closure of RCDMA in MTS based circles. Btw a new BSNL CDMA ruim gets fully activated in four hours. We can always port back to RCDMA in a few months (subject to it's survival on another network).

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i think Andhra Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab, UP-West circles Bsnl surrendered its spectrum. In hyderabad, my prepaid cdma is not working for the last 4 months.

Reliance is the most unprofessional player so are their customer care executive.

Why don't they come out fixed dates when 4G will be activated and clear things in advance.

Why sending sms and making calls unnecessary all the time.

Very disappointed with their service.

for now I'm hoping that RCDMA would continue on MTS network. but future is not very bright.

i think Andhra Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab, UP-West circles Bsnl surrendered its spectrum. In hyderabad, my prepaid cdma is not working for the last 4 months.

Guru Gopal Ji,

Till last Sunday 1x was working in Haryana not aware of Punjab as I had traveled through Haryana. Concerning part for me is that neither Haryana nor Punjab has got 4G Sims as I have 2 postpaid numbers each from Haryana & Punjab pending for migration. Dunt know what to do. Please suggest.

Regards

Vishal

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

for now I'm hoping that RCDMA would continue on MTS network. but future is not very bright.

I am also hoping that RCDMA would be kept alive on MTS spectrum. They are just creating a fear among subscribers (and lure of 4G data) to get people migrate and test 4G LTE for Jio. eventually they would keep the CDMA live.. at least for 2-3 years.

So I shouldn't rush and switch my handset to 4G LTE? Rather stick with RCDMA?

I'm in Delhi circle, and customer care person told me that 31-May is last day of CDMA in Delhi. Whereas the reliance store guys didn't have any such knowledge that when CDMA service would be terminated.

I'm confused, coz I really don't want to change my CDMA handset for about coming 6-8 months.

Sir, how is Tata docomo cdma network in hyderabad..? Thinking to port in..

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk