Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

Unconfirmed report from a dealer in Mumbai circle :

Dear All,

Finally the much awaited WAIT is OVER....

We are Going Live on 4G Sim from 24th May 2016.

All the 4G Upgraded Customer Wld start using the Voice Services through their 4G Sim.

4G Data Service wld be launched shortly and accordingly communicated (till such time the customer wld be able to use 3G/2G Data).

CDMA Network for Voice and FWP Customers will be Closed for Mumbai circle from 01st June 2016.

Please Ensure all Your Voice and FWP Customers are Upgraded / Migrated before 31st May 2016.

For more clarity request you to get in touch with Us.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rohitgaur said:

Guys

if you have not done porting to Reliance GSM yet, immdtly port out to Voda or Idea

I made that mistake and I m stuck with 3rd grade gsm network in Punjab circle

Even the Reliance staff is not aware of the D Day, I am just waiting for my 3 months ordeal with reliance GSM to get over by 10th July:unexp:

2 hours ago, rohitgaur said:

Guys

if you have not done porting to Reliance GSM yet, immdtly port out to Voda or Idea

I made that mistake and I m stuck with 3rd grade gsm network in Punjab circle

Even the Reliance staff is not aware of the D Day, I am just waiting for my 3 months ordeal with reliance GSM to get over by 10th July:unexp:

When CDMA users will be upgraded to 4G.. I don't think there will be 3 months lock in period for porting out. 

But yes those users who have ported out of CDMA into RGSM  they have to wait for 3 months lock in period. 

@hetal bhai@parin I have misplaced my cdma sim, have the 4g sim - but any way to request for migration as cdma sim is misplaced and cannot send sms to 1299

12 minutes ago, bigbyte said:

Dear All,

All the 4G Upgraded Customer Wld start using the Voice Services through their 4G Sim.

4G Data Service wld be launched shortly and accordingly communicated (till such time the customer wld be able to use 3G/2G Data).

CDMA Network for Voice and FWP Customers will be Closed for Mumbai circle from 01st June 2016.

Please Ensure all Your Voice and FWP Customers are Upgraded / Migrated before 31st May 2016.

That means still we cant use 4g.... Making fool of us Rcom Cdma

8 hours ago, digitalnirvana said:

@hetal bhai@parin I have misplaced my cdma sim, have the 4g sim - but any way to request for migration as cdma sim is misplaced and cannot send sms to 1299

I will tell about my experience. It's a little bit similar

My sms facility is blocked in my cdma sim for non usage

For upgrading to 4g there are 2 methods

1. Through sms tBy sending 19 digit code to 1299

2. Dialling 1299 follow instructions as played in IVRS

Now I dialled 1299. IVRS instructions like this `` YOU WANT TO UPGRADE THE SAME NUMBER FROM WHICH YOU ARE DIALLING THE CODE OR ELSE" 

Since in my case I want to upgrade same sim from which I called IVRS I pressed option 1, I did not venture into other options

Borrow somebody else's sim and try

9 hours ago, bigbyte said:

Dear All,

How can we use 3G data in Maharashtra and Goa ? Reliance doesn't have 3G license in this circle.

If this happens, all people with port out from non-functional 4G

• Like 1

Seems rcomm doesn't want to close just cdma the way things are going entire rcomm maybe shut down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOBILE FAN said:

How can we use 3G data in Maharashtra and Goa ? Reliance doesn't have 3G license in this circle.

Same here in Gujarat, RCOM don't have 3G here. Question is if 4G network (for RCOM) is 'not ready to use' state, then what was the need to insist upgrade, to millions of customers ? I am going to port out quickly, if once cdma is down & I don't get the 4G connectivity. Switching from CDMA to rcom gsm was an option available to all of us, since many years ago, however, for known reasons, people were not doing it. By this messed up change process, RCOM, may not even be able to retain 2G customers, forget about starting 4G .My next task to google for "MNP rules..." :)

• Like 2

^^^

This all was strategies of rcom to move over gsm....i think,no any 4g will launch in may or june or July...

12 hours ago, digitalnirvana said:

U need to get the CDMA sim 1st

RCOm GSM Netowrk is pathetic incase they are not giving 4G than people who are not under 2yrs Plan should migrate to some other carrier simple

Edited by parin
  • Like 2

What I personally think is that CDMA will not shutdown as reliance bought MTS also msg which I have been receiving says evdo will shut down on 23 not mentioned CDMA anywhere

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Looking at all  the happenings .My observation and my understanding is .........

Thing logically

Point No.1 - We are seeing the JIO struggling to test their network for  years and not yet completed their testing the network

IDEA  and AIRTEL took months to test their network........

Now RCOM has not started testing their  4G network.Because to test  the network they should have network and they will have network once they have spectrum.Yes they do not have spectrum ready and they get the spectrum once they shut down CDMA services and same spectrum is been planned to use for  4G services.Still we are using CDMA services means they their 4G network is not   ready for testing forget about commercial launch.

Once they shut the services they may need few months to test their 4G network. In reality how many months(years) they need to test the network we can easily guess based on their GSM services launch in 2009.We know very well the efficiency of RCOM  and  Mukesh Ambaniji.

Point No.2 -  What Rcom's Plan might be ? . They want all the CDMA users to shift to  GSM services. They are shifting the CDMA users in the name of 4G upgradation and some free benefits and also by creating the confusion and finally FEAR among the users.If RCOM asks the CDMA users to shift to RCOM GSM no  one will shift rather port out to other operators.Once CDMA users are shifted they will be on RCOM's GSM  network(3G network which ever circles available and just  2G network where 3G is not available) untill they test their 4G network(after shutting down CDMA).For testing how many months/years they will take dont know.Till then they keep on declaring date(unofficially) and keep on postponing( how we are all waiting for JIO for years).It may launch finally after taking its own time.

Point No.3 - Even if  Rcom wants to launch 4G overnight within hours of  shutting down CDMA services without testing the network, We can imagine the quality of their network and efficiency of their staff in handling the huge number of complains that will be poured upon.

This is my understanding. You all can have your own understandings

Thanks

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ramtech said:

Hi all,

Looking at all  the happenings .My observation and my understanding is .........

Thing logically

Point No.1 - We are seeing the JIO struggling to test their network for  years and not yet completed their testing the network

IDEA  and AIRTEL took months to test their network........

Now RCOM has not started testing their  4G network.Because to test  the network they should have network and they will have network once they have spectrum.Yes they do not have spectrum ready and they get the spectrum once they shut down CDMA services and same spectrum is been planned to use for  4G services.Still we are using CDMA services means they their 4G network is not   ready for testing forget about commercial launch.

Once they shut the services they may need few months to test their 4G network. In reality how many months(years) they need to test the network we can easily guess based on their GSM services launch in 2009.We know very well the efficiency of RCOM  and  Mukesh Ambaniji.

Point No.2 -  What Rcom's Plan might be ? . They want all the CDMA users to shift to  GSM services. They are shifting the CDMA users in the name of 4G upgradation and some free benefits and also by creating the confusion and finally FEAR among the users.If RCOM asks the CDMA users to shift to RCOM GSM no  one will shift rather port out to other operators.Once CDMA users are shifted they will be on RCOM's GSM  network(3G network which ever circles available and just  2G network where 3G is not available) untill they test their 4G network(after shutting down CDMA).For testing how many months/years they will take dont know.Till then they keep on declaring date(unofficially) and keep on postponing( how we are all waiting for JIO for years).It may launch finally after taking its own time.

Point No.3 - Even if  Rcom wants to launch 4G overnight within hours of  shutting down CDMA services without testing the network, We can imagine the quality of their network and efficiency of their staff in handling the huge number of complains that will be poured upon.

This is my understanding. You all can have your own understandings

Thanks

In all Circles either RCOM have sharing deal with Jio or trading deal. RCOM really dont need to do much testing. 

They probably just need to align it with Jio

They can't shut down overnight though it is possible with Reliance. They need to give us cooling period to test the network if we feel good move in or port out. Rcomm under Anil has always messed up cdma was blooming he wanted to venture into GSM . Ended up with a messed cdma and a useless GSM. My thoughts on Jio not launching commercially is simple. They have ordered/imported loads of lyf handsets for their 4g network but fact remains those handsets are not worth the price band you get better handsets In the market. So once they wipe out lyf mobile stock via invites commercial launch will happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Network Busy with from 5pm. In Mumbai

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

No calls

Yesterday at 10.51 PM  i received the following message

"Dear Customer we are upgrading to 4G. You may face intermitent network issues.  We regret the inconvenience and seek support during this process. Thx RCOM"

Babulu (AP)

17 hours ago, Himani Wadhwa said:

I have it from delhi region

Just go for 4g upgrade or just generate UPC code.... For further.

2 hours ago, Cookie said:

Last Day for CDMA service in Delhi?

I havent recieved any SMS/call regarding this...and cdma is working fine...why would you say this?

I havent recieved any SMS/call regarding this...and cdma is working fine...why would you say this?

CDMA EVDO services 23 May se band ho jayengi. Apni services ko chalu rakhne k liye turant nazdiki retailer se Payain naya SIM T&C Reliance.

When will they start in Hyderabad 

Myself from Gujarat presently on roaming in AP since 15 days

From morning early hours no internet I.e EVDO/1X 

I contacted Gujarat CC 

They confirmed problem in internet due to upgrade and they informed tonight they are switching to 4g. That means Gujarat is the first circle to experience 4g

Has anybody else facing same issue

@ all gurus especially users frm Gujarat pls confirm. Also I have some doubts. 1. I am on roaming since 15 Days in AP Circle. Now my doubt is cdma still not switching off in AP. Gujarat Cdma switching tonight. I already registered for 4g. If my Gujarat cdma sim switches off tonight Will my 4g sim work in ap or not as Ap has not switching to 4g

prihir @ dr. Faramroze pls confirm latest status