Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

Mumbai circle got 2 numbers activated network name shows reliance 4g but is in 3g no reliance 4g signal

Tried Registering on reliance jio did not register

Data is not working 

Cannot check data account

Had to swap sim to a different phone then got the signal.

Call works it seems my 44Rs plan is still working

Will update further

..... developing 

• Like 1

we keep on getting dates on and on:P

17 hours ago, parin said:

Even if cdma gets closed no one will lose there nos

U can visit webworld and get porting code or upgrade to 4g sim

So don't be afraid of loosing no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you also considered FWP users, who currently have STD code and local phone number?

No evdo in Noida, Delhi circle for last 2 hours.

Looks like 4g is going to start in 1-2 days.

EVDO service seems to have been shut down in Delhi Circle.

yeah it seems so, no evdo in Gurgaon and south Delhi

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No sms in Hyderabad.don't know when they will start

New 4g card does not work in note2 i605 Verizon 

No signal,

other gsm cards works in same handset 

Can not search network manually 

Any solution? 

Try to flash any custom rom or cm version roms.and try.

Before flashing the roms kindly take nandroid backup all including efs folders and copy to desktop for safer side.

Thanks

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

Mumbai 4G sim started , got confirmation from my friends. Only 2G working....   no 4G 

now waiting for activation in Nagpur location.   ...

EVDO is back in my area, Noida.

Hi,

Came back from Noida till Faridabad, no EVDO all through, seems it's the end today for EVDO for NCR region.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Mr_x said:

Mumbai circle got 2 numbers activated network name shows reliance 4g but is in 3g no reliance 4g signal

Tried Registering on reliance jio did not register

Data is not working 

Cannot check data account

Had to swap sim to a different phone then got the signal.

Call works it seems my 44Rs plan is still working

Will update further

..... developing 

Does the prepaid balance in your previous cdma sims also got carried forward to new 4g sims ? 

Lost Signal Early morning in South Delhi, no Signal at all, had to restart the phone, and the signal came back. Reliance CC have absolutely no clue on what is happening, Infact even the senior management has no clue on whats happening.

the sufrers are those who have entrusted Rcom CDMA for so long and kept it alive, i generated a UPC code yesterday, got a call from Reliance CC and he kept on telling me 4G will happen Soon 4G will happen Soon.

I feel that even after the Launch of 4g , can we trust 4g 100% to work in all areas ? Considering Airtel who has supposedly best network in India is unable to provide 4G 100% in all places and they fall back on their 3g and 2g , and their voice coverge is decent.

if Rcom 4g doesnt work in all places, then we fall back on 3g and 2g of pathetic rcom gsm... uska to bhagwan hi malik hai.

I have a strange problem. My mom's phone is a SIM-less Motorola phone with MEID registered. Using it smoothly for over two years. *228 never worked on this phone & the changeover was done using Handset change card.

Now when I try to register for 4G by SMSing on 1299, I get an error message saying this is not a valid CDMA number. Customer Care say this error could be because this phone number does not show up on list for changeover because *228 was never done. They are not able to register me either,.

So what is the solution for this. Is there a way out? Please help.

8 hours ago, Neha Mishra said:

Does the prepaid balance in your previous cdma sims also got carried forward to new 4g sims ? 

Yes!

But here's the thing I have 2 ex-cdma numbers one was recharged recently that shows the balance also the 1gb that I got from LTE recharge. The other still shows no balance has no incoming calls.

I also got 2:30 min in my promo balance on both numbers (check *367*1#), any calls made gets deducted from the promo balance. Hence cannot confirm if the calling pack (Rs44 10p/12 sec...) is active or not.

Hope this helps.

17 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

I have a strange problem. My mom's phone is a SIM-less Motorola phone with MEID registered. Using it smoothly for over two years. *228 never worked on this phone & the changeover was done using Handset change card.

Now when I try to register for 4G by SMSing on 1299, I get an error message saying this is not a valid CDMA number. Customer Care say this error could be because this phone number does not show up on list for changeover because *228 was never done. They are not able to register me either,.

Try visiting the gallery and get the number transferred to a omh sim (you might need to borrow someone's phone) or send an email to higher ups if you want to save the number would be a safe bet to generate a UPC and do MNP

Edited by Mr_x
Added info

no evdo in central delhi since yesterday, latching to only 1x 

received my 4G sim yesterday as reliance's representative came to our corporate office and delivered the same personally.

he said the following  "This GSM sim is activated and ready to use provided your CDMA sim will be deactivated by reliance may be in week's time. Till that time do not try to insert the new GSM sim, as this sim will not work and if you try to do so then the SIM will be blocked and the activation will be difficult. So wait till the CDMA gets disconnected. and once the CDMA sim is deactivated, immediately insert the GSM sim card which is automatically activated and ready to talk."

i am in no hurry for 4G to get activated, feel sad that i would be saying goodbye to cdma soon.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

I had similar issue with, Can visit any Reliance Store first they will transfer the number to sim than you can proceed for migration..

i had the same problem earlier , was getting message that my CDMA number is not valid, so i was told that Remove the SIM , put it another phone and do *228, once the activation is completed send the SMS again, i did that and it accpeted it, try and Do *228 ,or ask them to give you a blank SIM Card, once you get the SIM transfer your number to that SIM (RCDMA SIM) , do *228 , once the number is active, send message to 1299

once done, use the RCDMA sim in a handset, if you dont have , tell them to activate the SIMLESS Motorola again.. 

i am afraid this is the only option you have

32 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

EVDO is dead in Delhi...NO data services. NO 4G date .... time to port out

40 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

One option is changing to CDMA RUIM and then apply for 4G SIM. But since RCom has stopped RUIM sale almost everywhere, I think you better port out to some other operator and then after 3 months come back to RGsm, so that you will NOT lose your number...

Ok Thanks sharing for the options available to me. First stop will head to a Rcom gallery & see if they can help me out. Though i doubt given past experience.

Just one question though. Suppose I generate a port out request & then my problem gets resolved in the interim, does that request automatically cancel itself out after 15 days if I don't actually port out?