Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

Generate a port out code and check for yourself.

• Like 1

i doubt that they will issue port code to post paid customers easily. Migration to 4G can not be treated as new connection so 90 days binding cannot be enforced. I too faced issues in getting port codes of 2 of my postpaid nos. i was getting error "sorry your request can not be processed". raised complaines through 198 and got SR nos., mailed to customer care with a copy to appealate authority. after 2 days i was able to get the UPC.

One more observation, i got port code easily when i made request with nokia 6265. and when i was trying with nokia lumia 928, was getting errors. not sure, just an observation, though..

• Like 1

CDMA network is vanished in Pune.

Prior to that there was a message "Dear Customer, we are ugrading to 4G. You may face intermittent network issues. We regret the inconvenience and seek support during this process Thx RCOM."

• Like 1

CDMA Network Shutdown in Maharashtra  , only RGE series sim card and non sim handset is working.:unsure:

b83bbdca0ae1983233b525c9f4ad06b2.jpg

Code Received

I m from Surat (Gujrat).

Yesterday night 11pm cdma sim stopped working , so i thought i will get 4G update 1st in gujrat , but i was wrong , 1st i got the network but then it was gone, at last around 3pm today i got my 4G sim activated but no 4G services yet till now...

Data is only 2G no 3G or 4G data yet....

Dont know when will 4G start....?

Call quality is not so good , in some area it very good , i think it will improve in 1-2 days.

Waiting for 4G data ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, let me switch sides and speak from Reliance side once.

Rjio wasn't able to launch services since there were issues with VoLTE . They don't have 2g/3g fallback for voice. After collaboration with RCOM their 4g network will be second to none.

Have patience till 4g on 850 mhz is launched. We have enjoyed excellent indoor coverage on cdma on this band so let's expect that once band 5 4g launched we will continue to enjoy same coverage with 4g speeds.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bigbyte said:

Rjio wasn't able to launch services since there were issues with VoLTE . They don't have 2g/3g fallback for voice. After collaboration with RCOM their 4g network will be second to none.

Have patience till 4g on 850 mhz is launched. We have enjoyed excellent indoor coverage on cdma on this band so let's expect that once band 5 4g launched we will continue to enjoy same coverage with 4g speeds.

RJio does not have a single paying customer. RCom has lakhs of paying customers. RCom customers are very happy with EVDO and do not want to change. Why should the paying customers of RCom be made to suffer for the future gains of Rjio

Edited by commonman
  • Like 3

RJio does not have a single paying customer. RCom has lakhs of paying customers. RCom customers are very happy with EVDO and do not want to change. Why should the paying customers of RJio be made to suffer for the future gains of Rjio

Yes I also agree with your statement..rcom should provide evdo rev b properly...all circles.even they can provide LTE over cdma lke sprint and verizon.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

wow, have patience for what? are these services provided for free? we pay for these services... are you happy the way rcom has handled this switch over?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You were happy with evdo and many users but that does not opens new opportunities for rcom but 4G does as more customers wants more speed at lower price. I was not happy with evdo as was not getting good signals and speed at all at zero plan.

Rcom wants to capture more data and voice users  and their spectrum deserves it.

I believe I will get good signal becaue of new Rjio towers don't forget rcom will use Rjio towers and infra so total Number of cellular towers will be increased may be more then double. 

RCOM was in huge debt and RJio gave them lot of money to clear a major part of their debt.

CDMA Network Shutdown in Maharashtra  , only RGE series sim card and non sim handset is working.:unsure:

Same here in Goa. And new sim has not been activated yet

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

RJio does not have a single paying customer. RCom has lakhs of paying customers. RCom customers are very happy with EVDO and do not want to change. Why should the paying customers of RCom be made to suffer for the future gains of Rjio

Because Rcom's ADA is dumb and RJio's MDA is smart...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have never faced any issues with calls however data is on 1x since 23 may.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

My numbers is working with full network bars callin callout data is on 1x in Delhi janak puri

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

CDMA network is down from yesterday no signal and 4 card not activated malegaon Maharashtra

CDMA is down in Pune from more than last 20 hours. 

Still 4G SIM is not activated yet.

32 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I am in lajpat nagar

1X, calls and sms working fine here at North Delhi.

Though there is no EVDO since last few days.

Edited by abhi.r

Got an opportunity to visit Reliance store in Kharadi, Pune today.

I walked in with my SIM card (CDMA) which I was using earlier with my Tata Photon Max unlocked dongle.

There were around 5-7 more customers in there - with pretty much frustrated looks.

A few of them had some square shaped dongles and were complaining that there is no network and we are unable to reach the customer care as well.

So, I asked one of the boys there for the upgrade and he was eager to hand over a new SIM to me. Rs. 25 is what he asked for. I did not want to argue much about this though I know Reliance website states I should be paying only Re. 1.

He took my CDMA SIM and inserted in a spare phone and there was no network. There was one employee of Reliance there as well, who was asking if there was any issue of signal and he typed the numbers of some of us and sent it to some Reliance team via WhatsApp as sample numbers which were not working.

He said, this is a transition phase and we are working to sort things out.

The shop fellows said that the network will be back by second half today, but I personally cannot rely on that.

To me, it appears that this was intentional step from Reliance to scare people to port out immediately.

I also heard some dates that the new SIM will be activated around 3 or 5 June and the old one would stop working on 31 May.

About 4G, the lady stated 15 July is when it would start, but again, take that with a pinch of salt.

So, all in all, I am pretty excited to have purchased my first 4G SIM ever (I do have a Verizon 4G SIM which came free with my Droid Maxx, but I did not pay for it).

My dad is in Thane district and his CDMA stopped working completely (no signal) since yesterday. He will be visiting a store nearby to explore the upgrade option

• Like 1

9 hours ago, demail2006 said:

You were happy with evdo and many users but that does not opens new opportunities for rcom but 4G does as more customers wants more speed at lower price. I was not happy with evdo as was not getting good signals and speed at all at zero plan.

Rcom wants to capture more data and voice users  and their spectrum deserves it.

I believe I will get good signal becaue of new Rjio towers don't forget rcom will use Rjio towers and infra so total Number of cellular towers will be increased may be more then double. 

If you think that 4G would be as cheap as EVDO, be prepared for a very rude shock.

• Like 1