Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

5 hours ago, bigbyte said:

RCOM was in huge debt and RJio gave them lot of money to clear a major part of their debt.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rcom was is debt because of their stupid marketing. EVDO has been better than 3G always, both in terms of voice clarity and data speed stability. But rather than emphasising on their better service and offering support for  premium handsets, RCom decided to offer services only on cheap bundled handsets.

• Like 1

Reliance always had the pricing edge over other operators. CDMA customers were loyal to reliance primarily because of cheaper data rates.

I personally feel reliance must retain existing data pricing except the unlimited plans. 246 for 4-5 GB is not something that cant be offered by reliance. 

In reverse case if they launched data pricing equal to other operators, you will have to work hard to find a reliance 4G customer after 3-4 months.

• Like 1

Yes, 246 for 4-5 GB will be a killer plan. Will be beneficial for both operator as well as customers

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Guys

No network in my cdma phone neither 4G sim has network in Lajpat nagar area in Delhi.

Anybody facing similar issue?

Same here. only 1x in gurgaon, saket and noida. 1x is weak too. yesterday i went to meerut and it s**ks there too. only 1x and sometimes no signal. 

so sad. miss EVDO :(

1 hour ago, amitnsonu said:

Reliance always had the pricing edge over other operators. CDMA customers were loyal to reliance primarily because of cheaper data rates.

I personally feel reliance must retain existing data pricing except the unlimited plans. 246 for 4-5 GB is not something that cant be offered by reliance. 

In reverse case if they launched data pricing equal to other operators, you will have to work hard to find a reliance 4G customer after 3-4 months.

+1

+10

+100

+so on 

Bhai log.. Please don't bash me. Mei tau apnee party ka aadmee hoon, Relaince is opposite party.

Seedhee baat hai, we were with Relaince CDMA even when majority left CDMA long back because of the excellent network at interiors and good EVDO plans. And I agree that in the process of clearing it's debt RCom has fallen in the trap of RJIO.

Real gainer in all this mess will be RJIO, they will enjoy the 800 Mhz spectrum at the loss of RCOM.

Reliance CDMA is shutting down on 31st May in UP East circle.

rcdma.jpg

Varanasi: Official msg - "CDMA closes on 31/05/16..."

Just got below SMS in Delhi circle:

"Dear Customer, To enjoy uninterrupted CDMA services on ur mobile- Immediately visit nearest Retailer & get ur SIM changed FREE T&C Reliance."

Does it mean that we can still continue with CDMA network by changing SIM (may be other than 4G SIM) or is it another attempt by Rcom to force 4G SIM on us by twisting words???

Screenshot_2016-05-27-16-10-22.png

After they have looted millions of subscribers in name of "upgrade recharge" of 97 or 93 etc., they are giving it for FREE. Retailers charged 150/- for sim and recharge. So dishonest! It's shame!

Can someone from Maharashtra or Mumbai circle please post here or via PM as soon as their CDMA service is restored?

I was told by the store guys that the network will be restored by afternoon.

I do not have a handset with me and need to run to the store as soon as the network is back so that I can send the upgrade SMS.

3 hours ago, Cookie said:

Guys

No network in my cdma phone neither 4G sim has network in Lajpat nagar area in Delhi.

Anybody facing similar issue?

CDMA is still working for me...@ 1x.

It can be good news too...shutting off completely might mean you get 4g soon

CDMA is still working for me...@ 1x.

It can be good news too...shutting off completely might mean you get 4g soon

1X Network is back now :(

up west cdma closing in 30may

Screenshot_2016_05_27_16_56_33_com_rts_i

7 minutes ago, Cookie said:

1X Network is back now :(

Well....what to say....:unexp:

Recharge with Re. 1 and try going to some sub-urban/rural area, where some towers might still be working.

I guess after sms-based migration process, reliance stores will be authorized to do the same though system.

Got notification over my reliance instacare, about closure date for CDMA in UP East Circle. 

Screenshot_20160527-180211.png

1 hour ago, ajay16 said:

After they have looted millions of subscribers in name of "upgrade recharge" of 97 or 93 etc., they are giving it for FREE. Retailers charged 150/- for sim and recharge. So dishonest! It's shame!

OH ho.. Sir ji, its your fault to expect Honesty from RCom...

• Like 1

RJio does not have a single paying customer. RCom has lakhs of paying customers. RCom customers are very happy with EVDO and do not want to change. Why should the paying customers of RCom be made to suffer for the future gains of Rjio

Because rcom is bankrupt (not actually, but has huge debts) and the tower sale to rjio is what will save them. In this thread I can see many people slating rjio as both rcom and rjil use the same brand name. It's not rjil fault that rcom is managing this migration so badly. I would recommend everyone on rcdma to port out to a gsm operator interim for 3 months and then port back to rjio when it launches commercial operations

• Like 1

If you think that 4G would be as cheap as EVDO, be prepared for a very rude shock.

Am quite sure that rjil will undercut existing 4g tariffs by 60%+ if initial trends are anything to go by

Edit duplicate post

For those who have been ported to rcom gsm 2g and need high speed data, walk into a digital express and get a lyf wind 4 for 6799 - use it as hotspot and get 90 days free voice, sms, 4g on rjil as most stores are giving invites themselves

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

OH ho.. Sir ji, its your fault to expect Honesty from RCom...

Initial response for migration is lukewarm with 93 or whatever recharge

So again strategy changed

They introduced 1 RC 

THE Moment they introduced this 1 RC people started miigrating

ADD C V, -X

On Delhi postpaid number received 7 SMS in 22 hours, 1 automated call and 1 manual call informing that CDMA service is closing by 31st May. On Delhi prepaid number, did not receive a single message in any form. On both numbers I am yet to send migration sms. Does it mean RJio is only interested in postpaid connections.

Any one from Pune confirm me Cdma network or 4G sin card showing any network.   Here I'm getting zero network in both sim cards.   Weird