Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

1 hour ago, digitalnirvana said:

Because rcom is bankrupt (not actually, but has huge debts) and the tower sale to rjio is what will save them. In this thread I can see many people slating rjio as both rcom and rjil use the same brand name. It's not rjil fault that rcom is managing this migration so badly. I would recommend everyone on rcdma to port out to a gsm operator interim for 3 months and then port back to rjio when it launches commercial operations

The company reported a net profit of 1.71 billion rupees ($25.29 million) for its financial third quarter to Dec. 31, against 2.01 billion rupees a year earlier.. So it cannot be bankrupt. It seems they will merge in future. Anil Ambani is now more interested in infrastructure and defence business.

My postpaid CDMA dumb phone connection is working absolutely Fine in Pune.

Any one from Pune confirm me Cdma network or 4G sin card showing any network.   Here I'm getting zero network in both sim cards.   Weird

In Pune only 1X data

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

now reliance sending massages official closing ..

1 hour ago, commonman said:

On Delhi postpaid number received 7 SMS in 22 hours, 1 automated call and 1 manual call informing that CDMA service is closing by 31st May. On Delhi prepaid number, did not receive a single message in any form. On both numbers I am yet to send migration sms. Does it mean RJio is only interested in postpaid connections.

I've a postpaid number. 

I don't get these SMS or calls. Only couple of SMS trying to sell me 4g handset from reliance store or PayTM 

On 5/20/2016 at 10:29 PM, rohitgaur said:
On 5/20/2016 at 10:29 PM, rohitgaur said:

On my prepaid no, I did not get any sms of closing down. However balance check system (by dialing *225) adds that cdma will stop by 31st may, get 4G sim free from reliance store. 

Interestingly my Redmi Note 3 + old cdma ruim could not able to register to network since last tuesday and my 4G sim is also inactive till now. Checked with my old Intex dual sim phone, zte ac2766 modem and huawei honor holly2+ - ruim is failed to register to network. And surprisingly ruim was able to latch to network while put on htc desire 510. Voice, text and only 1x data works. 

Same here. I get text asking me to buy 4g h/s from PAYTM. Have a prepaid and a postpaid number. 3 more days, lets see.

2 hours ago, commonman said:

On Delhi postpaid number received 7 SMS in 22 hours, 1 automated call and 1 manual call informing that CDMA service is closing by 31st May. On Delhi prepaid number, did not receive a single message in any form. On both numbers I am yet to send migration sms. Does it mean RJio is only interested in postpaid connections.

Finally got a single SMS in prepaid no.

1 hour ago, commonman said:

Finally got a single SMS in prepaid no.

Whenever I call 198 or *333, I get recorded msg that they are closing CDMA network. And, whenever I call *225 or *226 to check balance, the declaration is there in the end of the message.

Hi...i want to know one thing...can we port to tata indicom in delhi circle,once RJIO launches we can shift back?

You suggestion pls..

If you are talking about cdma then it is off no use as even Tata cdma is shutting shop like rcom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone's 4G got activated in Delhi circle? Since last 5-6 days it is on 1x and weak network, but it is there. 

32 minutes ago, BihariSarpanch said:

Has anyone's 4G got activated in Delhi circle? Since last 5-6 days it is on 1x and weak network, but it is there. 

Same here buddy....1x for last 5 days....stupid CC has no idea.

I find it strange that some members in Pune are still getting CDMA network connectivity, whereas others like me, are not able to connect to the network at all since last 2-3 days.

Is it that RG sim cards are able to latch on to the network,  whereas RECRU sims are not getting any connection?

3 minutes ago, vakharia said:

I find it strange that some members in Pune are still getting CDMA network connectivity, whereas others like me, are not able to connect to the network at all since last 2-3 days.

Is it that RG sim cards are able to latch on to the network,  whereas RECRU sims are not getting any connection?

Put your sim card in keypad phone <which is launched by reliance > your sim will work ,  call and sms mostly on samsung basic cdma reliance  phones work 

I wasnt able to get on 1x cdma network as i had selected "EVDO only" in my network settings. Phone started working after selecting CDMA or CDMA PRL. Please try... i think you will get network ...although 1x only.

Finally got message Mumbai circle. Rip cdma5d9df8965daa777d28233374dc07b88f.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nabeelnavs said:

Put your sim card in keypad phone <which is launched by reliance > your sim will work ,  call and sms mostly on samsung basic cdma reliance  phones work 

I tried that option on Friday at Reliance store. There was no signal. I don't have such a handset with me, so I can't try again.

1 hour ago, NanduNaada said:

I wasnt able to get on 1x cdma network as i had selected "EVDO only" in my network settings. Phone started working after selecting CDMA or CDMA PRL. Please try... i think you will get network ...although 1x only.

I have tried CDMA and CDMA auto PRL as well. Cannot still latch on to the network.

6 hours ago, vakharia said:

I tried that option on Friday at Reliance store. There was no signal. I don't have such a handset with me, so I can't try again.

I have tried CDMA and CDMA auto PRL as well. Cannot still latch on to the network.

Try to change area I'm sure your phone will get network

Reliance CDMA life for more 3 days after that CDMA customers will miss rcom good service I hope rcom will provide more strong service than CDMA or rcom 4g will be flop show

8 hours ago, nabeelnavs said:

I used an age old LG RD3610 bought from webworld. The postpaid SIM shows full network in Pune but neither incoming nor outgoing is possible. When called from outside it says the number you have called is switched off. 

CDMA shutdown Update::

1. if any of one facing no network on CDMA , pl put ur sim card into Sprint S6 , BB Q20, Samsung basic CDMA phone. (any sim card series will work) . 

2. MH activation also started , those who already upgrade the sim cards. pl put ur sim card into basic GSM phone. or use Turbo2 , BBQ20 . will start new sim card automatically , no recharge required. 

3. For those who did't do the upgrade process, they will also do the process from web-world, also they'll get the MNP code.  

Javed Bhai I have turbo 2 and got 4G sim card on 2nd of may , my Cdma network gone 3 days no network in 4G sim card too .. Put it in basic gsm phone and turbo 2 but no network in Pune area ..

Anyone from Kolkata got upgraded?

Looks the Rcom push the situation in worst. Need to post out soon. I wont believe RJio would better in service.