Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

I myself have generated upc code to port out from Reliance after 4g upgrade in Mumbai. So, no one is stuck with pathetic network and Cc. Even Reliance store guys are saying that everyone is free to port after 4g upgrade.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That means i am stuck up with this pathetic network for 90 days, well hope that JIO launches within that period.....so that i can have a breather if its network is good.

Large number of port outs happening everyday here in Gujarat. The numbers increasing after 4G sim activation. There is no 90 day binding but a few store guys have resorted to fraudulent tactics of not processing bill payments after port code is obtained.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hi,

i am from tamil nadu and i am getting the alerts that rel cdma was closed at 31 may 2016 in my reliance insta care app. Can any one getting the same alerts?. whether this month they are closing the network in tamilnadu?. Can any one with the same issue reply me?

Anbu can you say which circle as I am from chennai circle and I see no such notifications on my insta care app. As far as I have heard tamilnadu circle is the last in the scheme of things for rcom. Good in a way as we see so many complaints once they launch iron out issues and reach here we can hope for a smooth transistion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, nibin said:

Not completely sure about TN. I am from Kerala, As per the latest information from here the migration might start from July (This includes Karnataka & TN as well). We can assume that it will be delayed further but anyways not before July for sure.

Now the problem is, since migration has started in Northern states and they are shutting down the CDMA network, people like me can roam only in South India. What a pathetic situation till the migration is completed for everyone.

Roaming is best in RCDMA in TN and Kerala.You need to think alternate like Vodafone. But I decided to port out to AirHell in July, and my family, friends and most of my calling are in airtel.

22 hours ago, BihariSarpanch said:

Jagan bro, let the services first start in circles where they have planned! That isn't working properly! 

It will take some time for TN, as the spectrum hasn't been liberalized. Because TRAI doesn't have a base price parameter for the left out circles. It would take 2-3 months more before it reaches you! By then problems would have been ironed out! 

Yes Bro. We in TN and Kerala, Karnataka have a few months extended time to enjoy the RCDMA's best network. Any way I decided to port out to Airtel in July.

7 minutes ago, Jagan T said:

Yes Bro. We in TN and Kerala, Karnataka have a few months extended time to enjoy the RCDMA's best network. Any way I decided to port out to Airtel in July.

Isn't that actually a bad thing? What if you are on roaming?

On 5/24/2016 at 6:35 PM, dpinal said:

Just talked to CC on 198. regarding EVDO shut down, They confirmed and told me that CDMA will be closed and 4G is going to launch on 26th May, Is it true?

hey guys , I am from shalimar Bagh , Delhi . Mine CDMA has been upgraded to 4G 

Since yesterday it was telling to be switched off & also i was unable to to do outgoing calls

but yesterday i recd a sms  from reliance that when your screen shows "no service" then put the new 4g GSM sim & enjoy . But i didn't experianced the said screen

the operator name  is showing as Reliance 4G

but the data symbol i.e. 2G or 3G or 4G on the network symbol is missing

anyways "abb bhugto" isko bhi

CDMA network, calls and SMS still working on Samsung Guru handset - does not matter which CDMA SIM card I put in.

Edited by vakharia
Clarified about CDMA SIM

Everything working fine in Mumbai too, EVDO also.

for those whom data not working yes mfg april 2016 cards have issues my observtion is data not working in dual sim phones on these card where as in single sim phones working good i had early batch card data worked fine in my mi 3 which is single sim where as in htc 826 data was not working 

now about patch thing yes there is patch and scanner but it depends on ur luck how advanced is ur area gallery guy is here in my area he was moron he said whats that scanner and patch heard first time

now solution without patch so i repetadly told him issue is in sim and he was telling me that its internet settings to do with and will start in someday so after my presure we made one solution he did sim lost request on my number and gave me new mfg may 2016 card they asked for address and b day and last rc and balance for lost sim rqst and told new sim will active in 2 to 3 hours but it was fast started working in 15 mins and boom data working in every phone

so conclusion mfg date april cards have issues connecting in data in dual sim phones and if they have no scanner and patch try sim lost thing by pressuring him or just intentionally destroy your sim and tell him to change hope this will help and make sure new sim they give is may 2016 mfg date 

i am from gujarat circle and here its only 2g 

Edited by Sandeep Hirpara
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Anbu can you say which circle as I am from chennai circle and I see no such notifications on my insta care app. As far as I have heard tamilnadu circle is the last in the scheme of things for rcom. Good in a way as we see so many complaints once they launch iron out issues and reach here we can hope for a smooth transistion

Hi,

i am from tamil nadu and i am getting the alerts that rel cdma was closed at 31 may 2016 in my reliance insta care app. Can any one getting the same alerts?. whether this month they are closing the network in tamilnadu?. Can any one with the same issue reply me?

Hi deepak, i am also from chennai circle and i am getting alerts in the insta care app.please upgrade the letest app and check

Edited by anbuitech
text change

7 hours ago, Jagan T said:

Starting tomorrow they will be processing 4G SIM request for rest 4 states, as they have got approval from DoT. They have submitted the amount. So might be end of this month when you get 4G SIM activated, not sure about 4G services, though!

Well today is supposed to be the last of CDMA in many states. Thankfully it's still on in Rajasthan but I am counting days. Let's see what tomorrow brings for lot of members who had to upgrade their sims.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CDMA network gone in Kolkata. My Delhi SIM not yet migrated as per Myservices status, so new SIM also not working.

Hi deepak, i am also from chennai circle and i am getting alerts in the insta care app.please upgrade the letest app and check

I am using the latest version cross checked again but I don't see any notifications

cdma with evdo is working here in lucknow.. seems like they have forgotten to switch off cell sites..

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, aalok said:

cdma with evdo is working here in lucknow.. seems like they have forgotten to switch off cell sites..

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

It is ore due to pending migration of many customers. Yesterday saw long que at one of the reliance stores in Mumbai. So they are aware that it is difficult from them also to migrate so many users in such a small time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmart said:

It is ore due to pending migration of many customers. Yesterday saw long que at one of the reliance stores in Mumbai. So they are aware that it is difficult from them also to migrate so many users in such a small time. 

a same thing in pune too.long Que of people to reliance stores but no network since 26th may for dongle users 

CDMA working here in Nagpur , also NV phones also working now ...

Edited by javed91214

In tamilnadu i got the message in instacare app that they will close at 31 may 2016. But they didn't close. we need enjoy with the cdma for few months .feeling happy

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 11:13 AM, morecrap said:

Isn't that actually a bad thing? What if you are on roaming?

Airtel is better network in south and im not roaming frequently. Rarely / holiday visits only.

20 hours ago, BihariSarpanch said:

Starting tomorrow they will be processing 4G SIM request for rest 4 states, as they have got approval from DoT. They have submitted the amount. So might be end of this month when you get 4G SIM activated, not sure about 4G services, though!

Really? plan to port out on july. But this news makes it to immediate.

3 hours ago, anbuitech said:

In tamilnadu i got the message in instacare app that they will close at 31 may 2016. But they didn't close. we need enjoy with the cdma for few months .feeling happy

So it going to end soon. :-(

On 31/5/2016 at 11:23 AM, blueox said:

hey guys , I am from shalimar Bagh , Delhi . Mine CDMA has been upgraded to 4G 

Since yesterday it was telling to be switched off & also i was unable to to do outgoing calls

but yesterday i recd a sms  from reliance that when your screen shows "no service" then put the new 4g GSM sim & enjoy . But i didn't experianced the said screen

the operator name  is showing as Reliance 4G

but the data symbol i.e. 2G or 3G or 4G on the network symbol is missing

anyways "abb bhugto" isko bhi

Hey arun....maybe u need to get your sim patched....after that you would start getting data.