Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

whats the price of wind 4 now? since EVDO is gone i badly need decent speed internet,  i have had demo at mobile shop , speed was around 14 mbps .

shall i buy this? i will keep hotspot ON always. 

6800/- at reliance store.

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I m using wind 4 and it is gud phone

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aastha123 said:

4 sims :o

10 hours ago, aalok said:

emoji54.png 4 sim...

On 13/6/2016 at 5:44 PM, Cookie said:

4 Sims emoji15.png

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wind 4 is good phone it has 4000mah battery. 1gb RAM and 8 GB ROM is a big drawback

• Like 1

Wind4 is perfect for hotspot and value for money if you consider the 3 month free bundle

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone. its like either beauty or brain :P will buy Wind 4...

Tauji to make the best use of wind ensure you disconnect broadband line if possible also dish tv hehe that's the best way to make wind purchase paisa vasool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

hahaha deepak ji . no UL Internet since RCDMA gone. My long Download list is eagerly waiting for UL net. :D

hahaha deepak ji . no UL Internet since RCDMA gone. My long Download list is eagerly waiting for UL net.

Tauji I was talking about the capped broadband most of us are using hehehe monthly above 1200 commitment enjoy unlimited dl of Jio provided you get the promised speeds

• Like 1

Hi friends,

i got the replacement 4G sim from reliance store and they said that CDMA will close within 10 days in Tamilnadu . So please collect replacement sim from nearest store.

I am from Chennai.  Nobody in Reliance has clue on what's happening.  Some people say CDMA would be shutdown on 22nd, one person says 23rd and customer service team say no official date known to them yet.

Will my tariff remain same? One person says Yes and other other one says only GSM tariff will be applicable.  

They are unanimous in just one thing - My CDMA only handset will become a paperweight at worst and wake up alarm at the best.

They are not ready to exchange this handset. They say I need to buy new GSM handset on my own.  

An idea... Why not both the chors,  Rcom and Freedom251 join hands to supply "cheapest" phone to customers??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siva123 said:

I am from Chennai.  Nobody in Reliance has clue on what's happening.  Some people say CDMA would be shutdown on 22nd, one person says 23rd and customer service team say no official date known to them yet.

Will my tariff remain same? One person says Yes and other other one says only GSM tariff will be applicable.  

They are unanimous in just one thing - My CDMA only handset will become a paperweight at worst and wake up alarm at the best.

They are not ready to exchange this handset. They say I need to buy new GSM handset on my own.  

An idea... Why not both the chors,  Rcom and Freedom251 join hands to supply "cheapest" phone to customers??

@siva,  I had upgraded up SIM to 4G on 9th June in trichy...while upgrading showroom executives said within a week cdma would be closed.. still my cdma phone is working and 4g SIM is not activated...!! Worst part is my phones plan is changed... Now Outgoing calls are charged at 2p/sec... 

@siva,  I had upgraded up SIM to 4G on 9th June in trichy...while upgrading showroom executives said within a week cdma would be closed.. still my cdma phone is working and 4g SIM is not activated...!! Worst part is my phones plan is changed... Now Outgoing calls are charged at 2p/sec... 

Exactly the same happened to me when contacted cc tells me not at all possible your base plan expired blah blah when I countered says check with store cheap tactics of rcom

4 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Exactly the same happened to me when contacted cc tells me not at all possible your base plan expired blah blah when I countered says check with store cheap tactics of rcom

Recharge with 46rs or 74rs....!!

Recharge with 46rs or 74rs....!!

No recharge at all till date my base plan was 1rs /3 mins post the registration for 4g automatic migration to 2p/s plan

Guys u should have tried not to recharge with 4g voucher and once the network was down just put sim details on web site of rcom and migrate this could save Ur base plan

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

On 20/6/2016 at 2:49 PM, Siva123 said:

From my personal experience with 2 Postpaid and 1 Prepaid numbers, for Postpaid, there is no change in plan and existing plan is continuing but for prepaid plan is changed.

If you want to port out, you need to generate the UPC immediately. Once service shuts down, it would be impossible to generate UPC.

On 14/6/2016 at 11:10 PM, Cookie said:

Wind 4 is good phone it has 4000mah battery. 1gb RAM and 8 GB ROM is a big drawback

If you have been using RCDMA as a secondary number and need a new handset, then this is really the best option. OEM is Haier, as against other useless chinese companies in case of Flame or Wind 6. As long as you do not intent to use this as the primary handset and do not load too many apps it would work fine. Build is not that back and has a good grip. Touch is also reasonably well. You can use it as a mobile hotspot for your primary handset. Jio Play/Beats/Movie apps working perfectly on other android sets with same user ID, as long as connection is routed through wind4 via mobile hotspot.

• Like 1

Guys u should have tried not to recharge with 4g voucher and once the network was down just put sim details on web site of rcom and migrate this could save Ur base plan

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

There was a general contention that your base plan remains the same and the sim was not offered without 1 rs recharge had they published the fact that prepaid users tariff will change I am sure most of us won't have done the sim swaps no proper dates are given that is what irritates the most

@common man

Brother, How is the hotspot speed in Lyf wind or other Lyf mobiles when it connected with Laptop or computer or other gadgets?

Holly 2plus

I received a Reliance customer care call today morning from Pondychery, and insist to reach any Reliance store to get the new sim, because the CDMA service will active for 2-3 days only in TN.

And also got a voice alert from CC, states that the service  will be closing by 27 June and rush immediately to the Reliance store to get the new sim.

I got porting code valid upto 28-6-16 and will apply to port to airtel tomoro. Porting takes place 7 days.

Donno whats going to happen.

Edited by Jagan T

I received a Reliance customer care call today morning from Pondychery, and insist to reach any Reliance store to get the new sim, because the CDMA service will active for 2-3 days only in TN.

And also got a voice alert from CC, states that the service  will be closing by 27 June and rush immediately to the Reliance store to get the new sim.

I got porting code valid upto 28-6-16 and will apply to port to airtel tomoro. Porting takes place 7 days.

Donno whats going to happen.

No idea what's happening one report says tamilnadu circle will take at least 45 days to get permissions to launch 4g store ppl say different story no idea who to believe and who not to as a customer we are left wondering

@commonman

8 hours ago, commonman said:

If you want to port out, you need to generate the UPC immediately. Once service shuts down, it would be impossible to generate UPC.

Please clear that, Porting UPC Code validity 10 days for complete migration process or for porting application only? My code valid to 28-6.

Reliance Communications to Use Reliance Jio's Network From Next Week

Customers of Reliance Communications' high-speed data services will be able to use Reliance Jio Infocomm's 4G network from next week, sources said.

In a letter to the Department of Telecom on June 22, the company said initially the network transfer will be launched in 12 major circles, including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh.

"Other seven circles in phase I are Maharashtra, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh East, Uttar Pradesh West, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar. Rcom customers to experience 4G LTE in six more circles by mid-July," one of the sources said.

This is in line with the company's earlier letter to the government that said it will start upgrading CDMA customers to 4G LTE from May 2016.

Reliance Communications is upgrading to 4G using liberalised 800MHz spectrum under Jio sharing agreement.

In January, the telecom companies of the two Ambani brothers - Mukesh and Anil - announced agreementsfor trading and sharing of scarce airwaves, or radio frequency spectrum, in the 800MHz band, covering the entire country.

The company already has liberalized its 850MHz band spectrum in 20 circles by paying over Rs. 6,600 crore