Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

@commonman

Please clear that, Porting UPC Code validity 10 days for complete migration process or for porting application only? My code valid to 28-6.

You have to apply to the new network and the process completed before the code expires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

You have to apply to the new network and the process completed before the code expires

Thats fine. Thank you Deepak

Just went to the Airtel Showroom and filled porting request.
But the Support guy told me that they need at least 5 days validity of the Port Code for prepaid and 7 days for postpaid. Mine generated 13-6 and valid to 28-6. Four days validity is not sufficient and most possible of rejection to port out. Advised me to generate the new port code on 29th morning and then will process the porting.

But the automated voice from Rel CC, service will closing on 27th.  Regretting my late action now.

• Like 1

You can port after swtiching to GSM also. Send appellate a mail saying that they shouldn't try to deny your request if you're worried.

But the Support guy told me that they need at least 5 days validity of the Port Code for prepaid and 7 days for postpaid. Mine generated 13-6 and valid to 28-6. Four days validity is not sufficient and most possible of rejection to port out. Advised me to generate the new port code on 29th morning and then will process the porting.

But the automated voice from Rel CC, service will closing on 27th.  Regretting my late action now.

Just spoke to Cc they say they have no intimation as to when 4g service will launch store guy gave me a date 23rd all we get is dates and different reports I have to think twice before even going for a rate cutter as again reliance may mess up things

• Like 1

On 6/3/2016 at 11:23 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

So better get PORT code now itself and move to other operator to avoid the RCom FAKE 4G Chaos...

1 hour ago, Jagan T said:

I advised you to do so on 3rd June itself (first quote).. Yes, what they are saying is correct.. Some people here said, they got port code after GSM conversion, but it may not be easy, knowing RCom's tactics in rejecting port code or even NOT sending port code sms to customers.. They may even say that you will need to be in RGsm network, minimum 90 days to port out to other operator.. Try hard and all the best...

Yes Kanaga Deepan, you said the right thing. But due to continuous travel, i missed the dates. If RCom officially closing on 27, its going to very complex issue.

So waiting for 29th. ;(

• Like 1

Yes Kanaga Deepan, you said the right thing. But due to continuous travel, i missed the dates. If RCom officially closing on 27, its going to very complex issue.

So waiting for 29th. ;(

What is the source for the date Jagan I contacted cc they say no official information is available about the conversion. If reports are to be believed not before mid July can we expect a 4g launch in chennai circle

• Like 1

What is the source for the date Jagan I contacted cc they say no official information is available about the conversion. If reports are to be believed not before mid July can we expect a 4g launch in chennai circle

4G launch and CDMA outage are two different things. CDMA shutting down may happen in the next week but the 4G launch will happen later only. Just like other circles like NCR, CDMA is shut but 4G services haven't started either.

• Like 2

Deepak  An automated voice call from 07305555005 announces in Tamil "To go to the Reliance store to get the new 4G sim and dial 1299 before 27th June, there may be service interruption after that".

May be the date is 27th July, i was in traffic noise, both the time i received the call.

• Like 1

Deepak  An automated voice call from 07305555005 announces in Tamil "To go to the Reliance store to get the new 4G sim and dial 1299 before 27th June, there may be service interruption after that".

May be the date is 27th July, i was in traffic noise, both the time i received the call.

Even I have been hearing dates after dates store guy said 23rd June I contacted cc to confirm the same they say we have not received any information from company. They said you shall receive sms but as per reports posted here it's says different story. Rcom has made a mess of this entire transition God save us from further shocks

10 minutes ago, Jagan T said:

@Jagan today I contacted Reliance customer care they said it will take atleast another one week to shut down cdma.. Even my Friend who works in Reliance said the same timeline...!! Even my primary number is struck with Rcdma...!! Fingers crossed and waiting for migration process...!!

Shut down of CDMA services is not followed by launch of 4G LTE. Basically the migration is from RCom CDMA to RGSM initially.

The latest report says that 4G LTE on RJio will be offered to those 4g upgraded customers in 12 circles next week and remaining circles (mostly southern states) will be covered by mid July.

Sent using Tapatalk

4G Network is up in Delhi Circle26abc3ebe7fafc8be62e9b91d0f9a9f5.jpg

But now not able to register with Reliance 4G

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

U expect to latch to 4g network. The new sim provided does not manually latch to their own 2g network

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

In Delhi circle on network search, I see Reliance 4G available besides Reliance 3g and 2g. 
When I select Reliance 4g, it shows registered on network, but after than network vanishes on phone and after a while latches on to 3g.

Jio 4G is forbidden as of now. I think by Monday they will launch 4g. 

yup it regIsters on 4G but network still is edge 

In Hyderabad able to Register in Reliance 4g but speed and symbol is Edge.

In Delhi circle on network search, I see Reliance 4G available besides Reliance 3g and 2g. 

When I select Reliance 4g, it shows registered on network, but after than network vanishes on phone and after a while latches on to 3g.

Jio 4G is forbidden as of now. I think by Monday they will launch 4g. 

JIO 4G will remain forbidden for Reliance 4G

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

RCom told to inform CDMA users to port before planned closure of network on July 6 in TN, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan

The telecom regulator, Trai, said that it has directed Reliance Communications to generate Unique Porting Codes (UPCs) for Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Karnataka, Kerala and Rajasthan licensed service areas, and immediately send these codes through SMS to CDMA subscribers immediately, as the telco prepares to close its CDMA network in these circles from midnight of July 6, 2016.

Trai said earlier in May this year it had directed RCom to generate unique porting codes for all its subscribers in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Orissa, Punjab, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi, Gujarat, Kolkata, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Mumbai, UP (East) & UP (West) licensed service areas and keep UPCs generated pursuant to the said direction and UPCs generated prior to the date of issue of that direction which were valid on that date, valid till 23:59:59 hours of 30th June, 2016.

Trai said that it noted that there are still a significant number of CDMA subscribers of RCom, who are yet to exercise their porting option and therefore, in the interest of subscribers, the Authority had extended the validity period of the UPCs generated pursuant.

• Like 1

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Siddarth Raju said:

@Jagan today I contacted Reliance customer care they said it will take atleast another one week to shut down cdma.. Even my Friend who works in Reliance said the same timeline...!! Even my primary number is struck with Rcdma...!! Fingers crossed and waiting for migration process...!!

Siddharth and Deepak

Today evening i went to Reliance Store to look out whats happening. They are noted the CDMA number and giving a new sim which supports 4G. Initially will be used in RGSM and will use in RJio while launching. They are recharging with Rs 1 for the migration and there is no charges. An SMS will reach the mobile confirming the migration ready. Then we have to sms the new sim no to activate migration before the shut down. If missed they will do that on back end by visiting the store.

On shutting down, store staff not committing the date, while insisting she told that they have info on closing this month end, but it depends in the migration volume. If so many are in pending migration shut down will extended to July 20 - 25.

2 minutes ago, Jagan T said:

Siddharth and Deepak

Today evening i went to Reliance Store to look out whats happening. They are noted the CDMA number and giving a new sim which supports 4G. Initially will be used in RGSM and will use in RJio while launching. They are recharging with Rs 1 for the migration and there is no charges. An SMS will reach the mobile confirming the migration ready. Then we have to sms the new sim no to activate migration before the shut down. If missed they will do that on back end by visiting the store.

On shutting down, store staff not committing the date, while insisting she told that they have info on closing this month end, but it depends in the migration volume. If so many are in pending migration shut down will extended to July 20 - 25.

Afaik, you have time till July 6... So getting MNP code on 29th will NOT be a problem...

2 hours ago, invisiblebond said:

So the shut down extended to July 6 in TN. Good news. I will port out. But i feel TRAI is still not actively handling this shut down mess.

Edited by Jagan T