Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

5 minutes ago, Jagan T said:

So the shut down extended to July 6 in TN. Good news. I will port out. But i feel TRAI is still not actively handling this shut down mess.

@Jagan T for safer side we have to keep porting code generated... As it's primary number  can't take risks...!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jagan T said:

So the shut down extended to July 6 in TN. Good news. I will port out. But i feel TRAI is still not actively handling this shut down mess.

Why are you porting out?

In Tamilnadu RCom-Aircel has very good coverage of the state.

You will have good RCom network

My suggestion to you is to stay in RCom instead of porting to some other network.

Don't jump from frying pan to fire

• Like 1

My suggestion is dont port out unless you are pretty sure that RCom /Aircel coverage in your area is bad. If coverage is good, then there is no point in porting out. Tariff for all networks is almost same. Also, after switching to Relaince GSM waitfor approximately 1 monthfor 4g services to be active. But after that coverage of 4g shall be at par with CDMA.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

(1) Actually the problem is not about the coverage. It's about the voice clarity of RGsm [or lack of it to be precise]. My home is just 200m away from RGsm tower. But if anyone calls me in old RGsm no, they always hear some motor running sound in background. Compare this to the earlier crystal clear voice clarity Rcdma customers are used to, then it's better to port out IMHO.

(2) Another thing, 4G will take minimum 1.5 months to get launched by Rcom and instead of dealing with Rcom 4g chaos, knowing no 4g coming for 1.5 months, people can use other network [incl 4g] for 3 months and return back to Rcom 4G, if it was still good at that time.

(3) Last but not least, people often forget one important point. The 4g coverage of Rcom will be as good as Rcdma earlier, but voice coverage will be worse. Seeing the half full signal bars of 4g, You may think that you are in good coverage area, but in reality you may be missing so many voice calls in the background due to lack of voice fallback network.

Simply put, data coverage better than voice coverage is more like a curse in the disguise of boon, IMHO.

So my best advice for Rcdma customers of TN, is port out for time being if it's your main number. This whole thread is a very good proof of Rcom's inability in handling such delicate situation. Else if it's just a secondary number, then you can surely take chances and enjoy Rcom's comedy.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

(1) Actually the problem is not about the coverage. It's about the voice clarity of RGsm [or lack of it to be precise]. My home is just 200m away from RGsm tower. But if anyone calls me in old RGsm no, they always hear some motor running sound in background. Compare this to the earlier crystal clear voice clarity Rcdma customers are used to, then it's better to port out IMHO.

(2) Another thing, 4G will take minimum 1.5 months to get launched by Rcom and instead of dealing with Rcom 4g chaos, knowing no 4g coming for 1.5 months, people can use other network [incl 4g] for 3 months and return back to Rcom 4G, if it was still good at that time.

(3) Last but not least, people often forget one important point. The 4g coverage of Rcom will be as good as Rcdma earlier, but voice coverage will be worse. Seeing the half full signal bars of 4g, You may think that you are in good coverage area, but in reality you may be missing so many voice calls in the background due to lack of voice fallback network.

Simply put, data coverage better than voice coverage is more like a curse in the disguise of boon, IMHO.

So my best advice for Rcdma customers of TN, is port out for time being if it's your main number. This whole thread is a very good proof of Rcom's inability in handling such delicate situation. Else if it's just a secondary number, then you can surely take chances and enjoy Rcom's comedy.

RCOM CDMA used Lucent network cards and ATC hardware, Tata CDMA and BSNL CDMA used Cisco network cards and ZTE hardware. Reliance GSM used China made cheap hardware, some components costing a mere Rs 60. Moreover RGSM is based on 1800 mhz hence frequent maintenance. Reliance cannot improve voice quality after some extent so they have made illegal icr to Tata Docomo GSM even where it's own network exists. Idea and Vodafone have invested astronomically in 4G components so they will any day provide superior quality. If the upcoming 700 Mhz LTE slots are bagged by idea, it will be pack off time for RCOM-RJIO alliance. RJIO has an obsession to create and expand it's LTE capacity because it feels even if they dont get enough subscribers of their own, they will trade 4G icr with other GSM operators like Videocon and Uninor. 4G monopoly of RJIO will be destroyed further when 3G operators will give narrow band 4G on their same spectrum. There is no sim card ICCID IMEI binding like Jio in other networks. Reliance will definitely be instrumental in providing cheap 4G as LTE revolution but ultimately other networks will succeed.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

As you said data coverage would be good and therefore your calls made over VoLTE or JioJoin like apps will have fewer issues. But I doubt these can replace CDMA's voice clarity. 

16 minutes ago, dr.faramroze said:

RCOM CDMA used Lucent network cards and ATC hardware, Tata CDMA and BSNL CDMA used Cisco network cards and ZTE hardware. Reliance GSM used China made cheap hardware, some components costing a mere Rs 60. Moreover RGSM is based on 1800 mhz hence frequent maintenance. Reliance cannot improve voice quality after some extent so they have made illegal icr to Tata Docomo GSM even where it's own network exists. Idea and Vodafone have invested astronomically in 4G components so they will any day provide superior quality. If the upcoming 700 Mhz LTE slots are bagged by idea, it will be pack off time for RCOM-RJIO alliance. RJIO has an obsession to create and expand it's LTE capacity because it feels even if they dont get enough subscribers of their own, they will trade 4G icr with other GSM operators like Videocon and Uninor. 4G monopoly of RJIO will be destroyed further when 3G operators will give narrow band 4G on their same spectrum. There is no sim card ICCID IMEI binding like Jio in other networks. Reliance will definitely be instrumental in providing cheap 4G as LTE revolution but ultimately other networks will succeed.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

Believe me !DEA will rise for 4G in the upcoming auction. Vodafone will act as prudent and will tap for circles where they can see revenues. 

Videocon may be a MVNO piggybacking over Jio 4G. 

Edited by inception
small changes.

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

RGsm has improved a lot now compared to earlier days.

Once RCom-Aircel merger gets through things would improve further. Aircel is strong on voice clarity and voice coverage.

Aircel 3G would take care of data requirement till RCom 4G happens and 3G speed is as good as EVDO speed or better.

RCom gets 4G from RJio which is seamless and superior. Any other network to match Jio 4G- needs money and time to create infrastructure

Idea,voda has patchy network in TN. Airtel voice clarity will not be as good as CDMA voice so why port out?

Stay with RCom. Get the best of Voice and Data.Things are improving

Let me FIRST clear two things.

[1] I am NOT saying to ALWAYS stay away from RCom..

I am saying that, the transition from RCdma to RGsm will be too frustrating that (happened in other circles), its better to move away to other operator and come back after 3 months, when all dust settles down, IF ITS YOUR PRIMARY NUMBER.... No need to panic, if its secondary number. Further the voice clarity difference between RCdma and RGsm are like heaven and HELL. Another reason to move away from RGsm.

[2] I am NOT saying to move to AirTel.

I am NOT Airtel fanboy. Yes, I use Airtel and I am happy with their services, as they are nice to big customers, even though I was skeptical initially, when I moved to them from Tata due to lack of options. But I am NOT recommending everyone to switch to Airtel. By saying move away from RGsm, I refer to MTS > BSNL CDMA > Aircel > Airtel > Vodafone > Idea > and even BSNL GSM, whichever suits them better.

1 hour ago, alugobi said:

RGsm has improved a lot now compared to earlier days.

Yes.. From deep sh!t to bull sh!t... They have zillion more miles to go... Like @dr.faramroze said, their 2GSM equipments are too pathetic to give good services on GSM.

Once RCom-Aircel merger gets through things would improve further. Aircel is strong on voice clarity and voice coverage.

Aircel-RCom merger will take several months to complete.. Do you remember when RCom-MTS merger talks begun and situation today after many many months? Instead port out to Aircel and enjoy those benefits IMMEDIATELY.

Further in areas where RGsm has good coverage, we can't select Aircel 2G. We have to deal with pathetic RGsm network. In places where there is NO RGsm coverage, we can manually select Aircel 2G. But in transition we may miss several calls. Happened to me when using TataGSM, even though it has tie-up with Aircel. So porting out to Aircel is much better option, than waiting for RGsm coverage to become NIL and going to Aircel 2G via ICRA.

Aircel 3G would take care of data requirement till RCom 4G happens and 3G speed is as good as EVDO speed or better.

Yes.. Better than RCom EVDO, but NOT better than Vodafone or Airtel's 3G, as Aircel 3G network has more users and congestion comparing others. Airtel was also same one year back, but situation improved for good after they got EXTRA 3G slot for TN. Further, if Aircel 3G is really good in your area, then porting to Aircel is much better than dealing with pathetic RGsm.

RCom gets 4G from RJio which is seamless and superior. Any other network to match Jio 4G- needs money and time to create infrastructure

Yes.. Thats why I am saying to port out from RCom and come back to them or RJio when 4G chaos completes...

Further I am using RJio for 6 months. I used to get 62Mbps during Feb, but after preview offer, speed gets reduced drastically to 7Mbps at the same place, which is slower than Airtel 3G and 4G  (but still good enough).. So things are NOT always rosy... I mean, RJio current network condition NOT a good reason to bear the pathetic RGSM. Further have you seen the RCom 4G tariffs??? Its even worse than RGsm_3G plans (in Delhi for eg).. So you are NOT getting good deal in RJio network, if you are using RGSM...

Idea,voda has patchy network in TN.

May be you are talking about Chennai. In Chennai Aircel and AirTel has 900MHz spectrum. In RoTN (Rest of TN) Aircel and Vodafone has 900MHz. WRT number of subscribers, Airtel is number 1 in Chennai and Number 3 in RoTN. Aircel is number 1 in RoTN and number 2 in Chennai. Vodafone is number 2 in RoTN and number 3 in Chennai. In combined Chennai + RoTN, Aircel is number 1 and Airtel number 2, Vodafone number 3. Below image is summary of last year, to give Idea about NOT just TN, but all circles of India..

TRAI-chart-showing-wireless-subscriber-base-of-top-Indian-telecoms.png

Airtel voice clarity will not be as good as CDMA voice so why port out?

Because RCdma will NOT be available after few days and RGSM voice clarity is WORST. So better to port to other operators and NOT fall from heaven to HELL and fall to earth instead..

Stay with RCom. Get the best of Voice and Data.Things are improving

Staying with RGSM is NOT a solution for 2 months at least.. Come back after 3 months, when things improved sufficiently...

• Like 3

I don't know about others, I had no issues from CDMA to Rcom . Reliance is offering 10GB data to CDMA subscribers, those porting out will miss that.

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

@Cookie But For getting data purchase new 4g phone with 3 required band.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Because RCdma will NOT be available after few days and RGSM voice clarity is WORST. So better to port to other operators and NOT fall from heaven to HELL and fall to earth instead..

Staying with RGSM is NOT a solution for 2 months at least.. Come back after 3 months, when things improved sufficiently...

I agree with this 100%

Ever since I migrated from CDMA to "4G" voice clarity has been terrible. Whenever I get an incoming call, I have to tell the person on the other side to repeat what he's saying. Voice sounds muffled. Very bad and embarrassing.

Data is good but Voice is a big failure.

Any news about the closure of MTS in West Bengal?? Getting anxious about MTS  Service and my Moto G USC!!!

Reliance has eventually become my secondary number. I am porting out to Telenor in Maharashtra as I dont get any network bar of Reliance inside my office. The port out request is already placed.

I agree that I will miss the 10GB data offer. I also assume that once the 4G signal starts the coverage will improve and then I may get the signal inside my office. Right now I am porting out with regret but with a promise to come back on onto Reliance.

If rcom starts Volte on 850 MHz it will be game changer for them. Would appreciate comments

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Cookie said:

Reliance is offering 10GB data to CDMA subscribers, those porting out will miss that.

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

4364976.jpg

If you don't believe me, then go HERE and look for the data tariffs after the 10GB trap...

4364976.jpg

If you don't believe me, then go HERE and look for the data tariffs after the 10GB trap...

I know.

I talked about only 10 GB promotional offer only.

Why to judge things without experiencing it

3 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Why to judge things without experiencing it

Why one should experience it, if they know it's a trap???

• Like 4

Why one should experience it, if they know it's a trap???

One has option to port out anytime. None is trapped.

One has option to port out anytime. None is trapped.

With reliance anything is possible once you use the 10gb they may deny porting and you are struck with them for 90 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I received message from rcom since last 7 days saying urgent get 2gb high speed data for 449 I was wondering when they had no 3g in Maharashtra and Goa how would they provide high speed data may be it is 4g tariff of rcom..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk