Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

14 hours ago, Saiesh said:

If rcom starts Volte on 850 MHz it will be game changer for them. Would appreciate comments

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

That will be a good thing for sure.. Far better than pathetic 2G RGsm calls.. But then it will nullify the RJio USP... Further RCom didn't said anything about this earlier. If its true, they would have boast it in all places.. Let us wait and see....

If RCom is also going to give VoLTE and also use the 1800MHz/2300MHz 4G of RJio, then what is the advantage of RJio? RJio is yet to start commercially and they have to start from 0 number of paying customers (that 17 lakh+ customers incl me, are using network for free).

With reliance anything is possible once you use the 10gb they may deny porting and you are struck with them for 90 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They Can't deny Port. If you can port now, in future also.

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

RCom 2G network is not capable of taking the load of existing GSM customers. After the full load of CDMA customers are also placed into it, it would start breaking at the seams. The only way to save itself is to offer VoLTE on its own earstwhile CDMA spectrum. That way, a major chunk of the old CDMA customers and also some GSM customers would shift to VoLTE and the 2G network would be able to take of the remaining customers who are using basic 2G handsets, and may be even convert a part of the 2G network to 4G.

Even then, it would be a winning proposition for Jio, as they will be gaining access to Band 5 spectrum which is supposed to offer superior services and more cost effective as compared to Band 3/Band 40.

I am personally using JIO for last 10 days and I am convinced that they have hit the jackpot with their value added services. Its the perfect option for young and upwardly mobile, who are forced to roam around in their job and do not want to invest heavily on personal effects like TV/Cable connections, Music systems or does not even have the time to go and watch a movie. Its communication and entertainment rolled into one. One single connection taking care of both. As long as they price it reasonably, it would be super hit with the young generation.

Edited by commonman

Now is a different story still many people faced hardship porting out post service starting reliance will try every trick in the book to ensure you can't port. They kept advertising get your free 4g sim but technically it's not free I and many people like me lost the base plan we enjoyed for years all this happened and reliance conveniently kept us in dark knowing well we won't upgrade if such things are known. You think they will let you go once they let you use 10 gig

I don't know about others, I had no issues from CDMA to Rcom . Reliance is offering 10GB data to CDMA subscribers, those porting out will miss that.

How is ur voice call working I am getting echo and signal drop in South Delhi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not after FRC [first recharge] done for that 10GB free data. They can argue that it's like new connection and deny port out. We can complaint on pgportal or any other means. But still it's a risk worth taking for secondary number only.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Not after FRC [first recharge] done for that 10GB free data. They can argue that it's like new connection and deny port out. We can complaint on pgportal or any other means. But still it's a risk worth taking for secondary number only.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I think you have assumed too many things.

Your basis of argument is just assumption, not facts.

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

I think you have assumed too many things.

Your basis of argument is just assumption, not facts.

Very TRUE.. Just like your assumption in below quote...

4 hours ago, Cookie said:

Theoretically, RGSM cant deny port out...but then they should not have denied data connectivity (As happened during CDMA -> 3G switch). It is difficult to assume when it comes to reliance...anyways...lets see how it goes.

Right now the projected tariffs would drive customers away....as airtel is offering better services and prices.

These are highly impractical rates, if these are final ones.

Guys....once we are in GSM/3G/LTE domain...as Reliance has forced us to....we are in open market.

No more buying expensive CDMA/EVDO handsets and bearing reliance behavior.... so as soon as reliance behaves irrationally...people are gonna jump ship.

I am sticking to reliance for now...as my postpaid plan is the same as earlier with same services. Coverage is bad but i never used reliance as primary connection anyways...just for data.

• Like 3

its fact , not assumption. I have moved from cdma to Rcom and I can port out anytime.

19 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

Theoretically, RGSM cant deny port out...but then they should not have denied data connectivity (As happened during CDMA -> 3G switch). It is difficult to assume when it comes to reliance...anyways...lets see how it goes.

Right now the projected tariffs would drive customers away....as airtel is offering better services and prices.

These are highly impractical rates, if these are final ones.

Guys....once we are in GSM/3G/LTE domain...as Reliance has forced us to....we are in open market.

No more buying expensive CDMA/EVDO handsets and bearing reliance behavior.... so as soon as reliance behaves irrationally...people are gonna jump ship.

I am sticking to reliance for now...as my postpaid plan is the same as earlier with same services. Coverage is bad but i never used reliance as primary connection anyways...just for data.

Which postpaid plan you r using?

27 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

That's what I say.. If its NOT a primary number, then the 4G transition chaos of RCom is bearable.

• Like 1

Rcom lost huge revenue in Gujarat. As said Dr. Faramroze. Maximum connections port Out to Voda and Idea as there is no Rcom 3g.
Before 6 month We have CUG Group of 250 connections and other around 500 connections of near and dear. Today above 90% are ported.
Edited by prihir
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, amit4ubel said:

Which postpaid plan you r using?

22 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

That's what I say.. If its NOT a primary number, then the 4G transition chaos of RCom is bearable.

Yes...it is hard to imagine if Reliance was my primary number.

I dont even get GSM network inside my drawing room. Even Aircel has way better converge than Reliance here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanduNaada said:

So it means u r on da same plan as I do have magic 1300

Did u get unlimited data or not?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, amit4ubel said:

So it means u r on da same plan as I do have magic 1300

Did u get unlimited data or not?

As of now ... got same bill as before...

I cant see plan details on portal as of now...so difficult to comment.

Why are you asking?

Edited by NanduNaada

I am using Magic 900. In my latest bill, they have credited 10 gb free data which is surprising as they haven't launched 4g yet. Have you noticed ?

Sent using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

As of now ... got same bill as before...

I cant see plan details on portal as of now...so difficult to comment.

Why are you asking?

I feel I will stick to Rcom gsm till it won't change my plan's benefits as of now I m too getting same benefits of voice call but did not check data data y asked you.

Data is still unlimited without cap god knows 

On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 6:37 AM, alugobi said:

Why are you porting out?

In Tamilnadu RCom-Aircel has very good coverage of the state.

You will have good RCom network

My suggestion to you is to stay in RCom instead of porting to some other network.

Don't jump from frying pan to fire

aligobi

RGsm coverage is not good. Aircell merger will take long period. Wonder is, lot my friends are Aircell customers in Coimbatore and they feels displeasure over this merger and believe Aircell going to loose its present status on take over by Rel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Mine is primary number, so hopefully waiting for the port out will be successful.

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Siddarth Raju said:

@Jagan T for safer side we have to keep porting code generated... As it's primary number  can't take risks...!!

Yes Siddharth. I Need to generate a new port code on 29th.

Edited by Jagan T

Yes Siddharth. I Need to generate a new port code on 29th.

Jagan generate a port code and better apply for porting sooner the better

3005d83c57974d68a2a346a3801d0bbb.jpg

Gujarat

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk