Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review : Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 2GB/16GB 4G VoLTE CDMA/GSM

Oh ho. Mi5 doesn't support band 8 [900MHz] and band 28 [700MHz] 4G. But RN3 supports band 8.

Sent from my LS-5002 using Tapatalk

One serious issue - I put a Airtel 3G sim to check data speeds. HSDPA connected and speeds were same as my Asus (around 1Mbps) here in Meerut. BUT after that cdma mode stopped working. The phone converted into a GSM only phone. Even after resetting only GSM modes are showing on this new Miui update. So beware. I will now need to port sooner than later.

UPDATE : Changed locale to some other country while resetting device (NIGERIA) and cdma mode returned.... LOLZ

Edited by dkaile

In my case, I am using BSNL along with RCDMA. I am able to get 3G data on the BSNL SIM but not on the RCDMA connection. CDMA voice and SMS is still working though.

i know this mi block cdma after new update no imei phone works with in india they don't want any trouble form government so they block cdma in new update :bash:

Change the locale to USA

Then may be the cdma evdo will work

^ There is no US locale available. So I changed it to Nigeria and phone started working on cdma after factory reset even on new update. But then Google account does not sync. Then had to remove sim and connect only via wifi. Again factory reset. No issues this time if even India as locale is India. Synced Google account. Started Play store and downloaded app. Then put back Reliance cdma sim and cdma is back to normal. But still to get data.

Reached conclusion that Xiaomi basically wants it to function only in GSM/LTE/VoIP. CDMA is just a hidden feature.

Cheers...

Edited by dkaile

@ dkaile a new method has been posted in the other Tread check if the same resolved the data issue

Wow. So it supports band 5 [850MHz] 4G too. Gsmarena is wrong as usual wrt lte bands.

It supports almost all lte bands in India [except band 28, upcoming 700MHz]. But jio and many others are not going for that band 28 and so this phone is suited for jio service as it already supports volte too.

DK ji, which website shows the band support? I want to know for MI5..

But I think this phone is not good for CDMA, as meid is 0 and looks like MI has purposefully done that and may disable CDMA support in future via update. Remember the imei 0 issue in old cheap Chinese phones, which was forced to stop working after terror attack?

But it's an excellent 4G lte phone for sure.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I think the user who still wants to activate the CDMA facility to send email to Reliance Customer Care with the below mentioned format.

Hope they will solve your problem. Hope it may help you.

Dear Customer,

We acknowledge your e-mail dated March 24, 2016 for your Reliance number 93XXXXXX and regret the inconvenience caused.

1.Name of Promotion (offer Detail): - Not Applicable for RN3

2.Activation Date: -

3.Activated Handset: -

4.Handset Make, Model & MEID/ IMEI No.: -

5.Exact nature of Problem : -

Assuring you of our best services always.

Thank you for choosing Reliance.

Warm regards,

Officer - Customer Care

Reliance Communications Limited.

@ dkaile a new method has been posted in the other Tread check if the same resolved the data issue

There is no way to set default internet connection to cdma one IF the sim tray is removed, as per his method.... lolz

Tried this on a evdo working sim. Does not work. All crap...

@

dkaile you can easily use all the cdma sim on redmi note 3. You just need to flash chinese redmi note 3 stable or developer rom. Dont worry in chinese rom you can set phone language as English. Done it in my friend phone so that's the best way around and you will get weekly update on chinese rom. Moreover CDMA is officially supported in chinese rom. Cya..
  • Like 2

@ dkaile you can easily use all the cdma sim on redmi note 3. You just need to flash chinese redmi note 3 stable or developer rom. Dont worry in chinese rom you can set phone language as English. Done it in my friend phone so that's the best way around and you will get weekly update on chinese rom. Moreover CDMA is officially supported in chinese rom. Cya..

Please share link also

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

@ dkaile you can easily use all the cdma sim on redmi note 3. You just need to flash chinese redmi note 3 stable or developer rom. Dont worry in chinese rom you can set phone language as English. Done it in my friend phone so that's the best way around and you will get weekly update on chinese rom. Moreover CDMA is officially supported in chinese rom. Cya..

After Chinese rom does data work?

@Saiesh Yes data will work perfectly. That rom officially supports CDMA. Follow this site http://en.miui.com/forum-86-1.html%C2'> take any custom or Chinise miui rom and flash it. And please unlock bootloader before flashing it. Follow the site you will easily get every information and procedures.

I tested miui chinese stable rom on my friend's rn3 and cdma works easily. That rom officialy supporting cdma becuase in china may operators use cdma band.

• Like 2

Got my set today, cdma data is working in both slots out of the box. The data is working in both global and cdma 3g mode.

• Like 1

Follow this site ...

... ??

Follow this site ...

... ??

first u need to unlock the bootloader [it takes 10-15 days+ as mi has worst policy]

http://en.miui.com/unlock/

then u can able to flash chinese qualcomm stable rom or developer rom.

• Like 1

Got my set today, cdma data is working in both slots out of the box. The data is working in both global and cdma 3g mode.

R u getting update notification??

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

any working dual account whats app sw .. all ogwhatsapp. apk i got is failing

Edited by vabs

I flashed latest global miui stable rom. Then also data working without problem in rge sim.

^

You are lucky. Kindly post screenshot of evdo working with speedtest to validate. My son took the phone to Delhi yesterday and 1x data started working automatically and continuously for the two days he was there. But as soon as he returned to Meerut, data stopped....lolz. Anyways, Reliance CDMA is going to die come May 1 in UP West and all customers will be given new LTE sims (hopefully) for 4G and they will piggyback on JIO network for the time being, so I am not too worried neither I am following it actively.

Cheers..

PS - As soon as you update to the MIUI's new update 7.1.8.0 Global Rom, evdo stops for many, like me.

Edited by dkaile

Ur lucky

Any one tested on tata indicom

Is RN3 supporting tata indicom with or without data

Hi,

Can you please check if you are getting meid no correct instead of zeros that could be a reason behind working data.

If feasible please share screen shot.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Any one tested on tata indicom

Is RN3 supporting tata indicom with or without data

Without data

Hi,

Can you please check if you are getting meid no correct instead of zeros that could be a reason behind working data.

If feasible please share screen shot.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

How do u check that?