Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review : Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 2GB/16GB 4G VoLTE CDMA/GSM

So what do you want to launch in India furthermore ?

You already have RMN3 "Pro" in India..

I think he is referring to Mi Note Pro and not Redmi Note 3 Prime (which is same as our RN3). Mi Note Pro is a different model all together. It is available for sale through Aliexpress in China. It has a 810 Octa Core processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB ROM with a 5.7" 2K screen (2560x1440, 13MP with OIS/4MP cameras with a 3090mAh battery, glass body and aluminum alloy frame. Cost there is about 20k.

I know..I have a Mi Note as well..

But that isn't launching in India..its already has an outdated processor..there's no way it would be "launched" in India.

But since it is Xiaomi, there is a better chance that unsold old model may be dumped to India..

I believe it is a tactical decision on Xiaomi's part not to offer the 3GB/32GB model freely so as to boost the sales of their Mi5. Because I believe 90% of their Mi5 customers would switch to the 3GB model due to the fantastic value proposition.

• Like 4

I think he is referring to Mi Note Pro and not Redmi Note 3 Prime (which is same as our RN3). Mi Note Pro is a different model all together. It is available for sale through Aliexpress in China. It has a 810 Octa Core processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB ROM with a 5.7" 2K screen (2560x1440, 13MP with OIS/4MP cameras with a 3090mAh battery, glass body and aluminum alloy frame. Cost there is about 20k.

I was referring to news in Indian Express and other web sites. Tried to search the source but unable to find the release date of May'16. Maybe you guys are right that Pro is for China and Note is for India. However, 91mobiles reports that Note 3 Pro will be launched in June. It also lists different specs. It is not having hybrid slot but independent 2 sim slots. A price difference of +1K.

I believe it is a tactical decision on Xiaomi's part not to offer the 3GB/32GB model freely so as to boost the sales of their Mi5. Because I believe 90% of their Mi5 customers would switch to the 3GB model due to the fantastic value proposition.

If Xioami will not offer 32GB vesion then Lenovo K4 note is already an alternative. It supports Dual SIM and SD card simulteneusly and has 3GB RAM. Readily available online.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

yes its is true with 4G sim card your mobile will start working with data.may redmi note 3 cdma designed china telecom network CTC.they converted all the subcribers to 4G.

I was referring to news in Indian Express and other web sites. Tried to search the source but unable to find the release date of May'16. Maybe you guys are right that Pro is for China and Note is for India. However, 91mobiles reports that Note 3 Pro will be launched in June. It also lists different specs. It is not having hybrid slot but independent 2 sim slots. A price difference of +1K.

If Xioami will not offer 32GB vesion then Lenovo K4 note is already an alternative. It supports Dual SIM and SD card simulteneusly and has 3GB RAM. Readily available online.

AFAIK Lenovo K4 Note does NOT support VoLTE - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/K-and-Vibe-Z-Series-Smartphones/How-to-add-or-enable-voLTE-in-K4-note/td-p/2255791

Edited by dkaile

A year ago I might have agreed with you..but not this year..since they already have launched Note 3 and Mi5 alongside..

Because their market share was shrinking last year and to boost that they have brought mi5 and RN3 to India. But still they have launched inferior most SKU in both cases [32GB RN3 versions are very very very limited quantities for eye wash]

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

In developer beta.
Imei shows.
Even reliance cdma data connect faster.

e28792f35a51b50e03fd4291075ad09e.jpg

197d866ea51ecb4c5544fab2b3eb22db.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Edited by SmartSamrat

In developer beta.

Imei shows.

Even reliance cdma data connect faster.

e28792f35a51b50e03fd4291075ad09e.jpg

197d866ea51ecb4c5544fab2b3eb22db.jpg

Now will not take risk of flashing official rom as i would migrate to 4g

Yes Xiaomi intentionally makes RN3 32Gi version 'sold' to push Mi5 sale !!

Yes Xiaomi intentionally makes RN3 32Gi version 'sold' to push Mi5 sale !!

No

Very limited stock of 32gb RN3.

I got twice 32gb in sale.

Buy from mobile web ui on pc.

Dont try on pc ui or app.

U will get earlier on mobile web ui on pc.

• Like 3

^^ which browser u used .. Chrome is not supported by Amazon at least my version .. Just tried visiting it

PS. Next time you got 32 buzz me ..

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

@dkaile

Isn't the SAR value on higher side?

The box says 1.256W/kg whereas the site GSM Arena and others claim 0.56.

Which is right?

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_3-7863.php

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-3119

Isn't the SAR value on higher side?

The SAR calculation is not so simple and differs from country to country and is different as per testing procedure type.

The SAR LImit in India for mobile devices is 1.6W/kg. Tests for SAR are conducted using standard operating positions with the device transmitting at its highest certified power level in all tested frequency bands. Like for e.g. SAR value for Moto G on LTE Band 7 is 1.069W/kg but on GSM 900Mhz is 0.905W/kg whereas Moto E has an average of 1.02W/kg whereas Asus Zenfone 2 has an average FCC rated figure of about 0.92W/kg. But the same phones CE rated SAR value is 0.351W/kg. Some specifications test at 10mm from the body whereas some test at 15mm from the body. During use, the actual SAR value is usually much below these stated values because the phone automatically decreases full power when not needed for system efficiencies. So in fact a slightly higher SAR figure may in fact mean that the phone increases it's power to give you a better call experience. Also RN3 has a host of more bands than any of these other phones and it has to be tested at the extreme end of the band spectrum which have lead to the slightly higher SAR values but that band you may NEVER use in actual usage. Anyways. so long as they are below the India specified figures of 1.6W/kg, I am good with that.

Hope that helps.

Edited by dkaile

^^ which browser u used .. Chrome is not supported by Amazon at least my version .. Just tried visiting it

32Gb model sale only on mi.com/in

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32Gb model sale only on mi.com/in

Samrat Dear, help us today for getting this 32Gb, have been trying hard for the past 6 sales.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

32 GB version is not available on Amazon?

Only Gold 32GB model available for sale on MI website flash sale

3GB/32 GB version is not available in today's sale also, even on Mi.com, as the clock countdown timer is showing only below the 2GB version.

oh... then its better to wait for next sale... 2GB version might be too low considering how heavy MiUi is...