Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review : Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 2GB/16GB 4G VoLTE CDMA/GSM

today 32Gb was on sale, but gone in seconds!!

today 32Gb was on sale, but gone in seconds!!

Yes I came to know from in sourcing dealer that stocks for 32Gb were v less in compared to previous sales so imagine the situation.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

anyway 16Gb was easy to grab, even on Amazon too!

On mi.com paying by Card did not work, ordered one 2Gi/16Gi for 9999!

Hence COD to opt for!

For a normal user, don't u think 16/2 gb is good enough?

Sent from tapatalk

Sent from tapatalk

Quite good enough. The new MIUI is so well interfaced that no lags are noticed even with around 70-80 apps installed.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sent from tapatalk

Quite good enough. The new MIUI is so well interfaced that no lags are noticed even with around 70-80 apps installed.

2GB maynot be enough going forward. Most of the high end phones are now providing 3GB.

Please note that the phone is a dual sim one by the way of a hybrid SIM slot. In that slot either you can have a SIM or an SD card. I am not sure to what extent one can stretch the capabilities of the phone with the 16GB of ROM where the free space will be even lesser if you install a 2nd SIM. If I have to sacrifice the slot by which I can extend the RAM then I would need more space.

As an alternative one can go for Lenovo k4 Note which is 3GB memory and 16GB storage with dedicated memory expansion slot and dedicated SIM slots.

Sent from tapatalk

As an alternative one can go for Lenovo k4 Note which is 3GB memory and 16GB storage with dedicated memory expansion slot and dedicated SIM slots.
How many times do I need to repeat that K4 Note does NOT support VoIP and hence useless for Jio. Many people are using both sims along with memory card on RN3. Search YouTube videos as to how to do it.

Also a cheap Mediatek chipset based phone can never parallel Qualcomm based one.

Edited by dkaile

^^^^

I know many people use both SIMs along with memory card. But It involves torchering the SIM card, memory card and hence the phone.

If you have dual SIM, one can use one SIM for voice and other for data from Reliance 4G. In that case VoLTE is not something essentail.

Qualacom maybe superior provided the phone is available in the first place :) Its a trade off between the processor and the luxury of having two SIMs and the memory card.

See I grabbed RN3 because I use 2 CDMA connections - mts and r-cdma. I hv another 2 gsm connections - idea and tata docomo. Gsm ones are put on gionee d1 and mts is used on htc desire 510. while I am betting on R-cdma/4G800 for RN3.

I don't think 3Gb/2Gb does really make sense to me.

lenovo k4 does not come into my plan.

Now open sale at mi.com on Apr 27

Sent from tapatalk

Now open sale at mi.com on Apr 27

Sent from tapatalk

No registrations required only.

Stock will be out of stock in just 0.2 second so whats d big deal to advertise as open sale.

After 2.01 pm all products status as out of stock.

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^^ after some days they will just keep it all in open sale

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Got redmi note 3 16gb and it is working with all CDMA sim Reliance, tata and MTS out of box..getting Rev b and everything normal..only one issue I am facing the moment I click on play store, it says unable to communicate with google server. Try resetting 2-3 times but nothing happened. Kindly help me on this issue??

Hi all,

Got redmi note 3 16gb and it is working with all CDMA sim Reliance, tata and MTS out of box..getting Rev b and everything normal..only one issue I am facing the moment I click on play store, it says unable to communicate with google server. Try resetting 2-3 times but nothing happened. Kindly help me on this issue??

Try doing factory reset and trying again only on wifi without sim. It will connect with Google Play. You might also need to update to latest system update, but after that data goes off usually on Reliance CDMA.

@dkaile updated latest update and done without sim on WiFi but still play store or any google service not working..but still data is working

@dkaile updated latest update and done without sim on WiFi but still play store or any google service not working..but still data is working

Did you do complete factory reset?

Yes 3 times factory reset

Hi all,

Google play does not work is there is a variation between server date/time and phone date/time. Teh date/time must be made correct first. Its a very basic issue but often forgotten.

Yes 3 times factory reset

Well it worked after a factory reset for me. Try what commonman suggests too.

Are u able to connect data on tata indicom?

please suggest for reliance 4 g redmi note 3 or Samsung j7

Note 3 is the best option

Hi all,

@dkaile Thanks for all your support. I have solved this issue with the help of smart samrat.

@saiesh all three cdma provider are working with data in RN3..

• Like 2

@dkaile Thanks for all your support. I have solved this issue with the help of smart samrat.

Please do let the community know what exact steps you followed so that anyone else having the same issue may benefit.

• Like 1

@saiesh all three cdma provider are working with data in RN3..

Was the data working out of the box? Or u did something

Please do let the community know what exact steps you followed so that anyone else having the same issue may benefit.

Yes please let everyone know what steps you took, please share.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk