Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review : Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 2GB/16GB 4G VoLTE CDMA/GSM

On 4/15/2016 at 8:36 AM, dkaile said:

I think he is referring to Mi Note Pro and not Redmi Note 3 Prime (which is same as our RN3). Mi Note Pro is a different model all together. It is available for sale through Aliexpress in China. It has a 810 Octa Core processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB ROM with a 5.7" 2K screen (2560x1440, 13MP with OIS/4MP cameras with a 3090mAh battery, glass body and aluminum alloy frame. Cost there is about 20k.

Indian model redmi note 3 with 650 is referred as redmi note 3 pro in China. 

Getting notification for a new update. Is there any recognisable benefit from this one?

I think 7.3.0 update. May be skipped.

Yesterday I switched to CM13 by santhosh. I am finding Bluetooth battery drain issue. Those who are not using BT may try it, smooth , almost no bug except no volte.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Upgraded to 7.3.5.0

No noticeable difference

Google Services Framework is using too much data when on wifi. This month inB 21 days it has used 4 GB. Any idea why?

Santhosh launched new CM13 with said to have 4k video and VoLTE , gonna try tomorrow.

Miui is so pathetic.

Why do you still need CDMA?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kshah said:

Why do you still need CDMA?

Tata cdma still working and have no plans to closing

Santhosh launched new CM13 with said to have 4k video and VoLTE , gonna try tomorrow.

Miui is so pathetic.

On cm13 fro. Last 4 days.. I feel battery life of miui is just great than cm

App lock with fingerprint is not that comfortable with cm apart from that its good.. Go for it

Tata cdma still working and have no plans to closing

Wrong info. Tata is also closing CDMA services. At least in circles where they don't have 3g.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

Wrong info. Tata is also closing CDMA services. At least in circles where they don't have 3g.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

What does it mean? I think Tata must take care of EVDO in circles where they don't have 3G.

2 hours ago, inception said:

What does it mean? I think Tata must take care of EVDO in circles where they don't have 3G.

If you look closely, TATA has very very little EVDO presence in circles where they don't have 3G license, eg: TN. Comparatively in MP-CG circle, Tata has 3G license and it also has EVDO in almost all cities where it has launched 3G.. This is the main difference between Tata and RCom. RCom concentrates EVDO in circles where they have NO 3G license (again TN -- where RCom had EVDO in almost all towns too). Similarly in MP+CG circle, RCom has 3G license and NEVER cares about EVDO there, NOT even in major district capitals..

Where can I find the option to turn on voice roaming on the RN3? The background is 4G got activated for my RCOM number today. And right away I have these issues:

- I have no incoming calls or SMS from any network

- I have outgoing to Airtel landline and mobile

- Data is at EDGE speeds

In phone information for SIM 1 I get Roaming as Inactive. According to RCOM call center, the solution for this problem is that I have to turn on domestic roaming from some place called "R Menu" under settings and restart the phone. Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Edited by Arunc1
typo correction

20 minutes ago, Arunc1 said:

Where can I find the option to turn on voice roaming on the RN3? The background is 4G got activated for my RCOM number today. And right away I have these issues:

- I have no incoming calls or SMS from any network

- I have outgoing to Airtel landline and mobile

- Data is at EDGE speeds

In phone information for SIM 1 I get Roaming as Inactive. According to RCOM call center, the solution for this problem is that I have to turn on domestic roaming from some place called "R Menu" under settings and restart the phone. Appreciate your help. Thank you.

SIM Tool > roaming > National  [turn on]

Thank you, Commonman, national roaming was already on under R-Menu (SIM Toolkit).

Update: Just got off a call  to CC. Apparently it is a technical issue at their end. They hope calls and SMS, both O&I, will be working by 8AM tomorrow. But customers should expect data only at 2g speeds for the time being. Wishing Rcom all the best.;):lol:.

Updated to MIUI 8 recently. One of the best feature is not advertised or highlighted. Now there is a default Dual App option in settings which lets cloning of any app and running two instances of the same app together. I am presently running 2 Whatapp with 2 different numbers, both running at the same time. 

• Like 2

Updated to MIUI 8 recently. One of the best feature is not advertised or highlighted. Now there is a default Dual App option in settings which lets cloning of any app and running two instances of the same app together. I am presently running 2 Whatapp with 2 different numbers, both running at the same time. 

You can use 4 whatsapp, 2 more in second space..

One of the worst issue with MIUI 8 on Note 3 is wireless connectivity. Post upgrade either signal strength has gone down

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

I want to use jio 4g sim in 1st slot and MTS cdma sim in 2nd slot in redmi note 3. Is it possible?

I want to use jio 4g sim in 1st slot and MTS cdma sim in 2nd slot in redmi note 3. Is it possible?

I believe, no.. as 2nd slot is no cdma..

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

I believe, no.. as 2nd slot is no cdma

That means, we can't use LTE & CDMA together in RN3.

Any smooth working method to root RN3?

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

MTS CDMA + JIO VOLTE in Redmi Note 3.

Screenshot_2016-10-09-13-28-54-131_com.android.chrome.png

• Like 1