Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

I just visited chembur, Mumbai outlet. They said they don't have even seen 4g sim. Please enquire after 1st may. Hope Reliance CC/outlet should also improve with 4g.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Today, when I visited Reliance Store at Kolkata area, the dealer told me that distribution of RCom 4G SIM has begun. He also advised me to collect the same latest by tomorrow because of inadequate supply. He further added that initially only postpaid customers would be given the opportunity. Is this true as there is no reflection in their website.

indigestion started since we are not used to throttling speed...and reliance 2G LOL...

Hope no FUP

• Like 1

Are these images true ?? ef22c7c714f37942a7620a89e06e19c3.jpge645b49f4ce87c6c1ebcdcf5b782fbd5.jpge2a2ddb18690196ca92636ddd06d54e5.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I think that's fake because see 1st pic there is MCC DIFFERENT Indian is 404

Or maybe that's original

Aa gayi bhai logo, aa gayi....lolz

Reliance%204G%20sim%2026-04-2016_3_zpsdc

Reliance%204G%20sim%2026-04-2016_2_zpsnw

Reliance%204G%20sim%2026-04-2016_1_zpskt

The amount taken per sim is Rs. 25/- (sim cost) + 97/- for 4G Recharge which includes UNLIMITED local and std Reliance calls + 150 minutes of Local & STD calls + 1GB Data for 30 days. These benefits start immediately on existing CDMA sim/number. It is a modern pre-cut sim which you can use in any phone (no need to get it cut from outside). Then you need to sms 4G<space><19 digit 4G sim number> to 1299 from existing cdma sim and you will get a confirmatory message that Dear Customer, your request for 4G upgrade has been registered on SIM <number>. We will update you regarding upgrade. Thank you. RCOM.

Please note that the 4G sim is yet NOT ACTIVATED and you can't use it. They are saying that it should be activated max by 5th May. After activation you get an additional 10GB 4G data for one month besides the above benefits.

So that is the exercise till now.

Cheers...

Imp. Question : will this sim latch on Rcom 3G data if insrted in a 3G only phone

• Like 1

Yes ^^^

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Rcom will use band 5 for voice and data ??

Or

Rcom will use band 5 for data and band 40 for voice ??

Or

rcom will use to share 1x with voice and band 5 with data and after sometime that will only 4G with band 5 ??

Or Rcom will share Band 5 and band 40

And jio share band 3 and 40 ??

Anyone know right answer ??

^ After activation, it should. But the big question is whose? It's Jio for 4G, that is clear. But if it's Reliance GSM for 2G/3G it will be pathetic. I think they might be converting their existing CDMA EVDO towers to LTE compatible 3G or something similar.

Edit - Some birdie tells me that data might work only on 4G LTE enabled handsets and not on normal 3G handsets. Those can only be used for voice. So lots of confusion. Let things settle down.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Edited by dkaile

RCOM and Jio have signed a spectrum sharing agreement because RCOM+MTS have the best 800mhz spectrum available (earlier limited to CDMA). They will be deploying LTE on this spectrum which will make it better than existing 2G and 3G networks. So it's a matter of time till LTE equipment is installed through out the country. JIO and rcom will be using the same network for 2g 3G and 4G. Till then you can always buy a Tata CDMA (since you already hhave the handset) or a prepaid GSM number on the 2nd slot for travelling.

According the a little desk research I did, nothing stops rcom from launching both LTE and cdma in band 5, infact after keeping 5mhz aside for LTE, rcom has more spectrum available to keep cdma or 2g services running in all circles on 800mhz band. It also has 2g/3g spectrum in other bands obviously.

RCOM and Jio have signed a spectrum sharing agreement because RCOM+MTS have the best 800mhz spectrum available (earlier limited to CDMA). They will be deploying LTE on this spectrum which will make it better than existing 2G and 3G networks. So it's a matter of time till LTE equipment is installed through out the country. JIO and rcom will be using the same network for 2g 3G and 4G. Till then you can always buy a Tata CDMA (since you already hhave the handset) or a prepaid GSM number on the 2nd slot for travelling.

hi pranay i had visited TATA Store last month in my area when the news brokeout of rcdma shutting down.

he said that even TATA cdma is also in process to shift to 4g but he also said that company is highly concerned about wll & photon connection as these dont have the liberty for portability, so comapny will try to iron out issues before 4G & he also convinced me that TATA 4g will be faster than anyone in mumbai because he said only MTNL & TATA fiber has gone underground & rest of the operators have not. So as per his Statement TATA 4g Will launch somewhere in june-july,

& as i always said TATA always follows RCDMA & result will be out in few months

Shocker

Even TATA stores have stoped Activating New CDMA Connection for Dongles & WLL & have been informed to clear the stock at the earliest.

Now the choice is yours

Jump to TATA cdma ( as per my calculation we have time till Diwali 2016 for TATA cdma as TATA is not as aggressive as RCDMA) & Jump to 4g again after some time.

Pls note TATA 4g Will again be on CDMA only & not on GSM

Hi,

I have already registered for the upgrade and received sms to collect the sim from Store, but the 4g sim is not available. Does anyone know when will be the 4g sims be available at Rim Stores in Gurgaon?

Any information will be appreciated.

Any body from mumbai & ( Kalyan - Dombivli , Ulhasnagar - Badlapur ) Got Rcom 4g sim ? plz Update !

Any body from mumbai & ( Kalyan - Dombivli , Ulhasnagar - Badlapur ) Got Rcom 4g sim ? plz Update !

i got it on 25th from thane. If it helps.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

can U plz give the address of the store & cost of prepaid sim ?

Ok. Its a new store recently opened in thane east like 2 months ago not many people know about it. Its nearby anand cinema hardly 5 mins walkable from thane east station. Take a next lane from anand cinema. Its on left hand side. It is named as reliance store. I asked him just now. They have stock of 4g sim so hurry and get it. I was out of stock yesterday. They ask for 125rs 25 rs for sim and 100rs frc for prepaid customer. No document required, just sim card .

I received the 4g sim from store in vidyavihar. The person told me activation will happen by 4th May.

Cost is 25 + 97(recharge)

• Like 1

Available in thane webworld.

I also bought 3

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I received the 4g sim from store in vidyavihar. The person told me activation will happen by 4th May.

Cost is 25 + 97(recharge)

if any body not want to 97 Recharge??, Means any person how not use any DATA and will use Just like Basic GSM sim

Edited by atishj

After much hassle, I got two 4G sims today. They didn't even charge me for the SIM. For the prepaid SIM, I had to recharge it with Rs. 93. Which gave R-R free STD/Local and 150 minutes to others, 1Gb of internet.

After sending the 4g SIM NO message to 1299, received a reply that will be updated.

I have received sms like this.

Its time to upgrade! Dear valued Customer, we have dispatched your 4G smart SIM.Dial 1299 to upgrade & experience the BEST network.T&C RCOM

I'm postpaid user.