Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Can anyone confirm that zero plan will have 5 gb data limit or not ?

After much hassle, I got two 4G sims today. They didn't even charge me for the SIM. For the prepaid SIM, I had to recharge it with Rs. 93. Which gave R-R free STD/Local and 150 minutes to others, 1Gb of internet.

After sending the 4g SIM NO message to 1299, received a reply that will be updated.

Hi Rajeev, which place/store in New Delhi did you visit to get the sims ?

I contacted a couple of stores near my location, they asked me to contact them after 1st May.

Also, is your plan on your current postpaid mobile ( WITH 4G sim ), still the same as when you were on your previous cdma sim or has the plan changed ?

After much hassle, I got two 4G sims today. They didn't even charge me for the SIM. For the prepaid SIM, I had to recharge it with Rs. 93. Which gave R-R free STD/Local and 150 minutes to others, 1Gb of internet.

After sending the 4g SIM NO message to 1299, received a reply that will be updated.

Which store in Delhi you got the sim & what did you tell them about, any docs or any other queries the store people asked?

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Which store in Delhi you got the sim & what did you tell them about, any docs or any other queries the store people asked?

Regards

I have a question, if anybody could answer. One of my friend has Reliance Wipod in Delhi NCR circle. It is a wifi dongle. All of sudden it stopped working. When called the customer care, they said that some document is missing but they didn't knew that which document is missing. The connection is already one year old. I am puzzled why it stopped working. Is it related to 4G network upgrade. At the same time I have been following this topic and have never seen Delhi NCR being mentioned in RCOM plan to upgrade at the moment. Please guide what to do. Also advice which wifi dongle could work well if it has to be used in Delhi NCR, lucknow and sparingly in Kolkata.

NOPE! Still showing 'Maintenance Mode' page.

It was up yesterday.. There was not much change except they changed the FWP model to GSM FWP. Everything else the same.

Regards

I have a question, if anybody could answer. One of my friend has Reliance Wipod in Delhi NCR circle. It is a wifi dongle. All of sudden it stopped working. When called the customer care, they said that some document is missing but they didn't knew that which document is missing. The connection is already one year old. I am puzzled why it stopped working. Is it related to 4G network upgrade. At the same time I have been following this topic and have never seen Delhi NCR being mentioned in RCOM plan to upgrade at the moment. Please guide what to do. Also advice which wifi dongle could work well if it has to be used in Delhi NCR, lucknow and sparingly in Kolkata.

Delhi-NCR is already upgraded and people are collecting 4G SIM

However, Delhi-NCR also has MTS service and as per one of the posts by @mitJ@in Rev.A dongles are needed to be exchanged with Rev.B wipods which are supposed to work on MTS network. Kolkata also has MTS network. But Lucknow is not having MTS network.

Edited by commonman

Hello Friends,

I am on prepaid, cdma, gujarat circle.

received sms from Reliance to upgrade to 4g by dialing some number. More or less my LG G Vista (CDMA) is unlikely to work on these, hence planning to buy this handset, however not clear if (a) will it work on Rcom (ADAG) 4g network ? and (B) also work on Reliance (MDA) Jio 4G network.

https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/ZenFone-Max-ZC550KL/

If any one can help me out, I will be grateful. Needless to say, I own, all the responsibilities 100% for my decision, based on any advice given in good faith. :)

• Like 1

In Delhi, today onwards it should be available in all Reliance Mobile Stores, as the billing for all stores was done yesterday only. So most of them might have procured it. Yesterday, I took it from Reliance Mobile Store near Zakir Hussain College, it is a big store. If you cross the flyover from Lalit Hotel and 200 metres, from where the flyover ends it is on the left.
But it should be available in all stores by today. Vikash Marg one near Laxmi Nagar, in Mayur Vihar 1 they had said it would be available by today.

The beautiful lady at the Reliance Mobile Store, near Zakir Hussain College initially denied to give, but later on gave. She was curious herself like a child, and asked me to send messages from both numbers as she wanted to see what reply comes. :P I also heard from one of their employees

But from whatever I gathered, plan would stay the same. 100% And activation wouldn't be before 3-4 more days. I believe they are waiting for spectrum merger approval from DoT/TRAI so that legally they can start operations. In 9 other circles they have got the approval.

Meanwhile, CDMA network has further deteriorated in most of the areas.

Tomorrow I am leaving for 10-15 days tour, I am not sure if I would be able to activate 4G then

If you are planning to buy ASUS ZEN MAX, buy it from paytm.com with Reliance 4G offer. 12% cashback and 10 GB data, otherwise you would get 1 GB data

It's a good phone.

Only downside is the battery is non removable, even if it is 5000mAh.

^^^

Yes, planning to buy from paytm, however gave actual product link itself, since on ecommerce sites, sometimes information given is wrong.

However, the question is will it work Rcom 4G & later on Rel Jio 4G ? that's where the confusion lies & I don't think 4G sims are available in Baroda, at least to contact & check.

From what I understood, Reliance Mobile 4G would run on LTE, and rely on 2G for calls. Jio will use VoLTE, IP based calls. So there is a little difference over there. However, for phones which Jio don't support, they have an application called "JIO Join" through which it phones not supporting VoLTE should also be able to make calls. Here is the official list of handsets which Jio supports, and doesn't require the app JIO JOIN.

Sl. No Brand Model No LTE Data Only/VOLTE 1 Alcatel Pop3 VOLTE 2 BlackBerry Priv (STV100-3) VOLTE 3 GIONEE Elife S6 VOLTE 4 Infocus M370 VOLTE 5 Infocus M370I VOLTE 6 Intex Aqua 4G VOLTE 7 Intex Aqua Raze VOLTE 8 Karbonn Aura VOLTE 9 Lava A71 VOLTE 10 Lava A88 VOLTE 11 Lenovo Vibe Shot VOLTE 12 LG Google Nexus 5x (LG-H791) VOLTE 13 LG G4 Stylus 4G VOLTE 14 LG Spirit 4G H442 VOLTE 15 LYF Flame 1 VOLTE 16 LYF Water 1 VOLTE 17 LYF Earth 1 VOLTE 18 LYF Water 2 VOLTE 19 LYF Wind 1 VOLTE 20 LYF Water 7 VOLTE 21 LYF Wind 6 VOLTE 22 Micromax Yu Yunique YU4711 VOLTE 23 Micromax Canvas Sliver 5 (Q450) VOLTE 24 Micromax Canvas Amaze (Q491) VOLTE 25 Micromax Yu Yuphoria (YU5010A) VOLTE 26 Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen) VOLTE 27 Motorola New Moto E (Moto E 2nd Gen) VOLTE 28 Motorola G Turbo VOLTE 29 OPPO F1 VOLTE 30 Samsung Galaxy-J2 (SM-J200G) VOLTE 31 Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J700F) VOLTE 32 Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J500F) VOLTE 33 Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500G VOLTE 34 Samsung Galaxy A7 (SM-A700FD) VOLTE 35 Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 4G VOLTE 36 Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920) VOLTE 37 Samsung ON7 (Mega On - SM-G600FY) VOLTE 38 Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800F) VOLTE 39 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925I) VOLTE 40 Samsung ON5 (SM-G550FY) VOLTE 41 Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920G) VOLTE 42 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910G) VOLTE 43 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (SM-G928G) VOLTE 44 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G VOLTE 45 Samsung Note 5 Duos (SM-N9208) VOLTE 46 Samsung S7 VOLTE 47 Samsung Galaxy A5 (A510FD) VOLTE 48 Samsung Galaxy A7 (A710FD) VOLTE 49 Samsung S7 Edge VOLTE 50 Samsung A8 VE VOLTE 51 SONY Xperia Z5 Dual(E6883) VOLTE 52 SONY Xperia Z5 Premium Dual VOLTE 53 Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (H3A) VOLTE 54 Xiaomi Mi5 VOLTE
  • Like 2

Finally I got hold of 2 4g sims from thane mobile store near Malhar theatre

If you are planning to buy ASUS ZEN MAX, buy it from paytm.com with Reliance 4G offer. 12% cashback and 10 GB data, otherwise you would get 1 GB data

Does it support Band 5? As per GSM Arena, the Indian model does not support Band 5.

Any updates about chennai circle I have not received any sms or intimation. This whole migration is confusion. Telecom talk says lte will be provided in 800 MHz but none of the lyf mobiles in market support 800 MHz can someone plz clarify

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today I received Reliance 4G sim by courier.

I've a postpaid delhi number.

Problem is I use Sprint HTC One M7 which wont support 4G :((

Need to buy a new handset.

I read some where that if some how rom could be changed for the sprint phonea they may be usable for 4g lte

The particular user was using miui rom on his sprint phone

Gurus please look in to it as our precious phones would be useless by 31 may

I read some where that if some how rom could be changed for the sprint phonea they may be usable for 4g lte

The particular user was using miui rom on his sprint phone

Gurus please look in to it as our precious phones would be useless by 31 may

U need to unlock bands.

Via changing some NV files.

Testing is going on.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It looks to me that RCDMA would be upgraded to 4G and MTS (where available like Delhi) would be the new RCDMA 1x network. Now would they automatically make old RCDMA SIMS latch to MTS network or initiate a port out. That is to see. They are only scaring customers that CDMA would be closed so that customers themselves get onto 4G network which is actually RGSM network for voice. And we all know how RGSM is.

• Like 1

Hi,

How did you receive the sim by courier ? Is there some service where we can register our number with Reliance and they send us the new sim ?

Because I thought, everyone had to go to a Reliance store to get their sims changed ?

• Like 1

I got sim from reliance store reliance person said this sim will work with jio network for one month

Ahead that will be worth with band 5 !

Is that's true ???

went to a reliance shop in central delhi yesterday

the lady at the counter told me that i can get the 4G LTE sim now itself by paying Rs 25 but the change in network will happen only by monday ie May 2

i asked her about my FWP and she said that wud also shut down.

I had received an SMS about SIM is dispatched.. I never got it in 3 days so I went paid 25 bucks n bought new sim for me. Let's see if it comes I will let you know. Also I'm using postpaid too.