Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

went to a reliance shop in central delhi yesterday

the lady at the counter told me that i can get the 4G LTE sim now itself by paying Rs 25 but the change in network will happen only by monday ie May 2

i asked her about my FWP and she said that wud also shut down.

Is it confirmed news that from tomorrow our 4G sim will be activated? If So I will need to carry 3 cellphones instead of 2 then ! :D

Today I received Reliance 4G sim by courier.

I've a postpaid delhi number.

Problem is I use Sprint HTC One M7 which wont support 4G :((

Need to buy a new handset.

Hi,

How did you receive the sim by courier ? Is there some service where we can register our number with Reliance and they send us the new sim ?

Because I thought, everyone had to go to a Reliance store to get their sims changed ?

Nope did nothing, registered for nothing.

Just received by bluedart, an envelope with Reliance Logo with "4G|LTE" mentioned on it, and "ACCESS YOUR SUPERPOWER" printed on it.

Inside content was a letter along with 4G Sim kit.

It seems nobody from Kolkata using R-CDMA.

However I have a RUIM, previously used by my brother for texting purpose. I kept it live by using 3x data in regular intervals.

I am yet to get a Reliance 4G smart SIM, visited two stores but all in vain. In my locality the lady at the counter says that SIM cards will be started selling from May 8 and upgradation is going on in Kolkata. She does not know about the pricing but she might need the documents for new SIM.

I have to go out of station to Patna for 10 days. Will be going on 3rd. I was uncertain about CDMA services in Bihar. So I called up the customer care to ask if the my phone would work there. He confirmed that CDMA has been stopped in Bihar entirely and my phone won't work. So I asked him if my 4G SIM would work, which hasn't been activated till now! He was clueless, but said that it might.

No what do I do? Since that is my primary number what do I do? I am clueless! Any suggestions?

Today I received Reliance 4G sim by courier.

I've a postpaid delhi number.

Problem is I use Sprint HTC One M7 which wont support 4G :((

Need to buy a new handset.

Hi,

How did you receive the sim by courier ? Is there some service where we can register our number with Reliance and they send us the new sim ?

Because I thought, everyone had to go to a Reliance store to get their sims changed ?

Nope did nothing, registered for nothing.

Just received by bluedart, an envelope with Reliance Logo with "4G|LTE" mentioned on it, and "ACCESS YOUR SUPERPOWER" printed on it.

Inside content was a letter along with 4G Sim kit.

Really ?

This is the first I've heard of this then.

Being sent a sim kit without doing/registering anything/anywhere.....And that too by Bluedart ...!!!!

Lucky you . Coz everyone else seems to be going to a store and getting their sims.

Forward to any other GSM number for time being, and carry both. CC told me CDMA has been shut in WB, but I was able to use 1X completely fine at most rural places.

I have to go out of station to Patna for 10 days. Will be going on 3rd. I was uncertain about CDMA services in Bihar. So I called up the customer care to ask if the my phone would work there. He confirmed that CDMA has been stopped in Bihar entirely and my phone won't work. So I asked him if my 4G SIM would work, which hasn't been activated till now! He was clueless, but said that it might.

No what do I do? Since that is my primary number what do I do? I am clueless! Any suggestions?

Please report back what you actually got

Also, can anyone confirm....Are the Voice plans, AFTER migration from cdma to gsm/4glte, the same as your previous voice plan during cdma ?

However I have a RUIM, previously used by my brother for texting purpose. I kept it live by using 3x data in regular intervals.

I am yet to get a Reliance 4G smart SIM, visited two stores but all in vain. In my locality the lady at the counter says that SIM cards will be started selling from May 8 and upgradation is going on in Kolkata. She does not know about the pricing but she might need the documents for new SIM.

So far I have not received "SIM is now ready for upgrade" SMS in my Kolkata number. Got SMS in my Delhi number. So, I think Kolkata is yet to start.

Please report back what you actually got

Hi,

I am pretty sure that you will get 1x. Try to keep data off else incoming calls will get busy tone. Rest you will be able to call through your cdma no.

Above stated version is on the basis of my experience from Haryana circle. I just came back to NCR, for the past 1 day had been on GT belt and found that though the service had degraded badly & it had been complete 1x, may be in coming two weeks this carrier is also shut down.

Regards

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Cdma services is on in Bihar. Only activation has been stopped. Since MTS is not here and only 1 carrier on every BTS is serving cdma, services are effected badly. Services will not be discontinued before 31st

Cdma services is on in Bihar. Only activation has been stopped. Since MTS is not here and only 1 carrier on every BTS is serving cdma, services are effected badly. Services will not be discontinued before 31st

Hi

Thanks for the information so that means no evdo only 1x like as I received in Haryana. Calls, sms work fine only issue is that data part will be on 1x so v slow.

Regards

Hi

Thanks for the information so that means no evdo only 1x like as I received in Haryana. Calls, sms work fine only issue is that data part will be on 1x so v slow.

Regards

Bihar and Jharkhand are 1x circles. Evdo was never here.

• Like 1

Please use some other provider till then

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

So far I have not received "SIM is now ready for upgrade" SMS in my Kolkata number. Got SMS in my Delhi number. So, I think Kolkata is yet to start.

DoT approved Jio-Rcom 800MHz spectrum sharing in 9 circles - Kolkata is not one of them.

But Rcom will launch LTE in Kolkata, as Jio does not have 800MHz in Kolkata. So Rcom don't need sharing deal to launch 4G in Kolkata.

^^^^

received SMS on Kolkata RCDMA postpaid number today "Dear customer your number is ready for and upgrade to 4G. Dial 1299 to register"

• Like 1

750f0d11ed2c9f17d641f77da9a1eee1.jpg

Weird but.....

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes

I shall send you 2 LTE Sims to your Kolkata address when i come up with online process over RIMweb.in for Migration

@amit ji, any update on your plans for online process?

Got mine. NO charges.

Apparently, or so the store person said, cdma postpaid upgrade is free and prepaid is 25 bucks.

No idea if it's true all over.

Got my 4g sim also but still no update for services activation in new sim??

i want to know when will i get activated to new 4g sim which i already got 5days back n also registered on 1299 5days before...?

if some one has already got activated in 4g from cdma plz let us know...

i m from surat(gujrat circle)

Got my 4g sim also but still no update for services activation in new sim??

i want to know when will i get activated to new 4g sim which i already got 5days back n also registered on 1299 5days before...?

if some one has already got activated in 4g from cdma plz let us know...

i m from surat(gujrat circle)

IN HYDERABAD , RELIANCE MOBILE STORE SAID FROM MAY 5TH ONWARDS SIMS WIL BE ACTIVATED . EVEN I UPDATED ON 25 TH APR BUT TILL NOW NOT ACTIVATED.

• Like 1

I'm also got the SIM on 25th & registered on the spot but no activation yet in UP East.

any update on plan??

what will happen to existing plans??

i m using fully unlimited 2yrs advance rental plan... everything unlimited

will i get my same plan or any limitations will be provided ??

I am rcom CDMA postpaid user Maharashtra and today received SMS from rcom "As our privileged customer,we are happy to inform you that we are sending the new 4G ready SIM to your billing address on ZERO cost.T&C RCOM"

I am rcom CDMA postpaid user Maharashtra and today received SMS from rcom "As our privileged customer,we are happy to inform you that we are sending the new 4G ready SIM to your billing address on ZERO cost.T&C RCOM"

Same thing with me when I already have taken the SIM

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk