Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

I am rcom CDMA postpaid user Maharashtra and today received SMS from rcom "As our privileged customer,we are happy to inform you that we are sending the new 4G ready SIM to your billing address on ZERO cost.T&C RCOM"

How exactly are they deciding on which customer should be sent a courier and which one should go to a store ??

The way the store people are handing out sims seems more like a part of some reluctant operation, almost felt like they didn't want to hand them out to customers, but they had no choice. I was told to "clear all the pending bills first before the sim can be given".

And others simply get the sim through mail.

strange.

As previously mentioned, I reached Patna today. I had forwarded calls to my alternate Idea number at airport only. On reaching Patna, I saw 1x at airport, so disabled forward made a few calls. But as soon as I moved to other parts of city, network was non-existent. I forwarded all my calls again to idea as soon as I got one or two bars.

I visited Reliance Mobile Store, near Saguna More, they had put up a board "No Query regarding Reliance network", that was funny! I entered the shop and told him that despite his board I would like to know the status as there is no network in my phone. He replied that he left franchise of RIM 2 months back. Then I went to Raza Bazar store. They have absolutely no clue, no idea about any tentative date, any SIM, any plan, anything at all. I was told they have no official communication except for the fact that no more CDMA to be sold.

This is a classic example and case study of "How to ruin your business". Reliance RTL was the first to launch mobile telephony in the name of SMART in Bihar way back in 1990's. They had an excellent customer base of GSM and when they launched CDMA they almost gave every Bihari a mobile. Even today most of the people, businessman, contractor, student, labour etc everyone has the CDMA one and then SMART as another alternate number. They messed it by choice! People who give anything for such a loyal and vast customer base. Anil Ambani I guess cannot manage it well.

There were so many customers at store asking about CDMA and no one knew a word about it! When their 2G network had gone, they had no proper communication to give except for the part that they asked everyone to port out!

• Like 2

Not all circles are getting this upgrade as of now. Only 9 telecom circles are getting this upgrade.

Andhra Pradesh
Maharashtra
Mumbai
Kolkatta
Delhi
UP West
UP East
Gujarat
Madhya Pradesh

As previously mentioned, I reached Patna today. I had forwarded calls to my alternate Idea number at airport only. On reaching Patna, I saw 1x at airport, so disabled forward made a few calls. But as soon as I moved to other parts of city, network was not

In Patna you will get cdma network everywhere but the problem is that MTS is not there and for 4g upgradation cdma is being served from single carrier only on every bts. All other carriers are vacated for 4g alignment. Resulting in lot of congestion in network here. You will face problems most in Danapur and Patna city area. In all other areas you can make calls in 3 or 4 attempts.

Official news on upgrade to 4G on RCom website

Existing Reliance CDMA Voice / Datacard customers can get their 4G SIM from nearest Reliance Store. Upgrade to 4G & get FREE 10GB 4G data post upgrading to 4G

Reliance Mobile Postpaid

• From your existing CDMA SIM, SMS 4G < space >19 digit SIM number of the new 4G SIM to 1299.
  • Alternatively, you can also call on 1299 from your CDMA mobile and enter your new 19-digit 4G SIM number. You will get a confirmation SMS about your 4G SIM upgrade.

Reliance Mobile Prepaid

• Recharge your existing CDMA connection with the 4G upgrade recharge. To know the upgrade recharge value please click here .
  • After recharging, from your existing CDMA SIM, SMS 4G < space > 19 digit SIM number of the new 4G SIM to 1299.
  • Alternatively, you can also call on 1299 from your CDMA mobile and enter your new 19-digit 4G SIM number. You will get a confirmation SMS about your 4G SIM upgrade.

Read more here

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/4G/4G_overview.html

Based on the link TN circle will be upgraded at a later stage I guess as there is no mention about the same and no official communication from reliance yet on upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did Reliance Communications already start operating 4G LTE network in Delhi circle? or they would wait 5-6 months for all CDMA users to migrate and then switch to 4G LTE?

Till then 4G subscriber will get 2G/3G date?

when r they going to start activating the 4G sims??

i m from Gujarat circle.

4G upgrade recharge value details

Circle MRP Pre Migration CDMA Benefit Post Migration LTE/4G Benefit All call Minutes Benefits Data 1X/EV Validity All call Minutes Benefits Data 1X/EV 4G Data Validity AP 93 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 days MH 93 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 28 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 28 days UPE 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days UPW 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 days MP 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 days MU 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days GJ 75 100 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 100 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days DL 93 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days KOL 96 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days

official tariff as listed on the webiste

4g signals not found yet in Mumbai

Sent using Tapatalk

I have a lifetime validity prepaid Reliance EVDO data card (EC1260). I am not using it.

Can it be upgraded ?

What is the process ?

Hello Guys,

I have one good news and one bad news.

Good news is procedure to upgrade to 4G in 9 circles came on official site. Link:-

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/4G/4G_overview.html

Bad News is for the guys who were eager to do upgrade. As the site mentions that to get benefits of free data, calls, etc you need to do recharge first then upgrade SIMS.

So it's dicey for people who upgraded SIMS 1st & recharged later whether they will get benefits or not.

Postpaid users not required to do anything.

Also it's clear that 1st they will upgrade all users to new sims then they will switch off RCOM CDMA & Switch on 4G later and everyone in these 9 circles will get 4G at same time.

So be patient and upgrade your sims, there's enough time for all.

Also here the point to be noted is of this 9 circles only 2 are where RJIO has spectrum. So lets see how it goes down the line.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Circle MRP Pre Migration CDMA Benefit Post Migration LTE/4G Benefit All call Minutes Benefits Data 1X/EV Validity All call Minutes Benefits Data 1X/EV 4G Data Validity AP 93 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 days MH 93 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 28 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 28 days UPE 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days UPW 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 days MP 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 days MU 97 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days GJ 75 100 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 100 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days DL 93 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days KOL 96 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1 GB 30 Days 150 Minutes for Local & STD calls Unlimited Local & STD R- R calls 1GB 3G/2G 10GB 30 Days

Official lolipop to lure customers to RGSM

The smoke screen of free data has done the trick. No one is thinking that they are being shifted to one of the worst GSM netwrk in India called RGSM.

upgrade_reasons.jpg

Top reasons to NOT to upgrade:

1.) Voice would be on RGSM

2.) ....

No we need any other reason?

• Like 1

Official lolipop to lure customers to RGSM

The smoke screen of free data has done the trick. No one is thinking that they are being shifted to one of the worst GSM netwrk in India called RGSM.

There are many who use CDMA for data and GSM for voice. For them, it would be a simple switch.

There are many who use CDMA for data and GSM for voice. For them, it would be a simple switch.

Yes. But there are so so so many people who are used to great voice clarity of CDMA. I feel sorry for them, as they are now going to use RGsm for voice

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Finally got 4g sim from Andheri East . the store guy recharged for Rs 97. Should I again call 1299 & register ???

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

Yes. But there are so so so many people who are used to great voice clarity of CDMA. I feel sorry for them, as they are now going to use RGsm for voice

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Well I would say let's embrace change first....and hope that Volte would do the trick of voice clarity...and LTE would take care of data else we all know exodus is eminent.....

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Can we port out immediately after 4g upgrade if voice is pathetic or we have to wait for 3 months?

Yes VoLTE is a great solution (and that too in 850MHz only).. But RGSM as voice fallback is like falling on HELL, imho...