Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

RGSM is still that bad?

I thought they must have improved by now as lots of work on their towers were done.

I would like to confess, my ex gf had RGSM number. I had to dump her coz she refused to change her operator.

Nah, just kidding. But it was extremely frustrating not be able to call her, or frequent call drops or delayed sms delivery.

• Like 2

There are many who use CDMA for data and GSM for voice. For them, it would be a simple switch.

Yes. But there are so so so many people who are used to great voice clarity of CDMA. I feel sorry for them, as they are now going to use RGsm for voice

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

True. Even I would miss the call clarity enjoyed since 2003. But there is no point crying over spilled milk.

Reports say RCom 4g live signals at some parts like Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi etc.

http://goo.gl/O79rJI

Sent using Tapatalk

What about Bihar? I am in roaming in Bihar, neither can I use CDMA for o/g i/c and there is no talk of 4g either. In entire Patna there might be a spot or two where you will get CDMA signals.

Please update on the 4g. Telecom talk says that signals are live

The date given was 4th may it is 6th already

has anybody actually started using Reliance 4G? It's been more than 10 days.. Nothing has happened yet. I'm still on CDMA.

to my knowledge, upgrade sms will be sent on 25th and 4g works from 26th may.

I don't believe what they are saying lol.. In mumbai it haven't started yet. First they said 4th, yesterday i asked them they said 7th. But i think it gonna take more time by the end of may.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Only GOD KNOWS when CDMA will be migrated to LTE.

RCom's employees are responsbile for its sink, Today RCom has not being emerged as No1 Operator of India despite giving best tariffs and offer to customer;

All credit goes to its Employees who always shirk work being developer,customer service people, marketing people.

CDMA Base has already gone churned to extreme level to competition.

• Like 1

People who are not happy with previous RGSM reports have a point, though recently the CDMA service seems to have gone to the dogs as well, with service dropping every couple of minutes and calls getting dropped due to that.

Anyone has switched to reliance 4g LTE from CDMA yet?

Where are you located, and how's the experience?

The service is yet to be launched and before that your CDMA SIM would get deactivated.

• Like 1

still no one has got switched to 4G LTE waiting for it.....

People on twitter (some well known media also) going gaga over rcom providing 10 GB 4G data for 100/- which reliance is offering only one time upgrade offer.

They are assuming it as a regular plan.

2min silence for their ignorance.

• Like 2

Has anyone from Thane with a postpaid Reliance number actually got their 4G sim by courier? So far, I've got multiple messages about the sim being sent at zero cost, but have yet to receive the sim.

I know I can get it from the store but I'm wary of being pushed into a plan that hasn't been fully thought through, or a network that hasn't been fully tested yet (given the haste with which these migrations are happening, I'm staying cautious).

Besides, I'm hearing different views about ETA for activation, handsets, plans and so on.

Frankly, I'm happy with my CDMA line, and if given a choice, I'd stick with it till D-day.

You will get it in 2 3 days. My cousin got it today he lives in ghatkopar. So just wait. It isnt worth to get sim cause they haven't activated it. And yes i am in thane and i am also satisfied and i wont migrate it either till the death of cdma.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The service is yet to be launched and before that your CDMA SIM would get deactivated.

So you mean in order to launch 4G Services (in real), they first have to deactivate/stop CDMA services? Both services cannot go together for some time and then completely switch to 4G?

Edited by abhi.r

Today I put my Reliance 4G LTE sim into a 4G handset of my friend to check whether 4G network is there in Delhi or not.

As in first pic you could see that SIM 1 do not show any bars, rather there is 'X' mark.

IMAG0511.jpg
And there is no Reliance 4G network.
Only Loop 4G, Airtel 4G and Vodafone 4G
Not even Jio in Delhi.
IMAG0512.jpg
IMAG0513.jpg
Oh, just checked now that the handset of my friend is Lenovo S90 and it has only Band 1, 3 and 41.
Maybe that is the reason handset shows no network.
Edited by abhi.r

Today I put my Reliance 4G LTE sim into a 4G handset of my friend to check whether 4G network is there in Delhi or not.

As in first pic you could see that SIM 1 do not show any bars, rather there is 'X' mark.

IMAG0511.jpg
And there is no Reliance 4G network.
Only Loop 4G, Airtel 4G and Vodafone 4G
Not even Jio in Delhi.
IMAG0512.jpg
IMAG0513.jpg
Oh, just checked now that the handset of my friend is Lenovo S90 and it has only Band 1, 3 and 41.
Maybe that is the reason handset shows no network.

LOOP is JIO.

The LOOP numbers have been reallocated to JIO.

• Like 2

I stay in Borivali and recd sim by courier even my friend also recd we both are on 650 unlimited plan

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

So you mean in order to launch 4G Services (in real), they first have to deactivate/stop CDMA services? Both services cannot go together for some time and then completely switch to 4G?
They are upgrading existing CDMA customers to 4g LTE so both can't coexist.

Sent from tapatalk

Hi! I am in Mumbai and have a cdma postpaid connection. I received my 4G LTE sim today through Bluedart. I have bought the RN3 but yet to receive delivery.
I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.......
- Now that I have received the 4G SIM card, should I proceed to register through SMS as per their instruction or should I wait till I have received delivery of my new mobile?
- If I were to proceed with the registration, will I be able to continue using the CDMA connection on my current mobile, or will the CDMA SIM be deactivated immediately?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Cdma will coontinue to work

U will get a sms that the 4g is active please change sim

Also they will send msg on alternare number

My cdma no i still working although already got 4g sim

And i hope the cdma will also continue for the time all cdma users are migrated

• Like 1

Hi! I am in Mumbai and have a cdma postpaid connection. I received my 4G LTE sim today through Bluedart. I have bought the RN3 but yet to receive delivery.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.......

- Now that I have received the 4G SIM card, should I proceed to register through SMS as per their instruction or should I wait till I have received delivery of my new mobile?

- If I were to proceed with the registration, will I be able to continue using the CDMA connection on my current mobile, or will the CDMA SIM be deactivated immediately?

Thank you.

I think you need to have a GSM or 4G handset before you register thru SMS as per their instructions.

Once you register, your CDMA sim will stop working and GSM/4G sim will start.

• Like 1