Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Cdma will coontinue to work

U will get a sms that the 4g is active please change sim

Also they will send msg on alternare number

My cdma no i still working although already got 4g sim

And i hope the cdma will also continue for the time all cdma users are migrated

The 4G sim is now working on GSM/2G/3G only. If you search networks available on your handset, you will not be able to find Reliance 4G (at least in Delhi).

I went to Reliance Web World and asked them for a 4G demo, they said that 4G Data cards have not yet arrived. And 4G will be launched anytime soon.

But no tentative date was given for shutting down CDMA in Delhi.

Anyone in Delhi can search for networks on their 4G handsets and confirm whether "Reliance 4G" is shown?? This would confirm whether Reliance 4G signals are live in Delhi circle or not!

The phone I used to search did not had Band 3. So may be that is the reason it did not showed "Reliane 4G"

Sorry, in my previous post.. I mean Band 5 (800Mhz) not Band 3.

In Gujarat we are getting pre-recorded voice call from RCOM that it is not shutting down CDMA service and do not port to any other carrier and do not follow any rumor. It also mentions that 4G upgrade is optional.

• Like 5

for god's sake don't ever ask anything to those dumbheads at the reliance stores....they no nothing.....wait for posts from seniors here who will let us know soon as any updates come

In Gujarat we are getting pre-recorded voice call from RCOM that it is not shutting down CDMA service and do not port to any other carrier and do not follow any rumor. It also mentions that 4G upgrade is optional.

good :D and thanks.

Hi! I am in Mumbai and have a cdma postpaid connection. I received my 4G LTE sim today through Bluedart. I have bought the RN3 but yet to receive delivery.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.......

- Now that I have received the 4G SIM card, should I proceed to register through SMS as per their instruction or should I wait till I have received delivery of my new mobile?

- If I were to proceed with the registration, will I be able to continue using the CDMA connection on my current mobile, or will the CDMA SIM be deactivated immediately?

Thank you.

Register your sim from your current CDMA phone. You'll get an instant message from 1299 saying that you request has been registered and they will let you know once the 4g upgrade happens for your number through sms.

Till then you can keep using your current cdma connection. once you receive a message that your 4g sim is now active, your current sim will automatically stop working and you use your new sim on a gsm phone.

Your CDMA connection will not be deactivated immediately since 4g JIO doesn't really seem to be active as yet. I think they're taking in as many registrations as they can before shifting those customers who have registered.

• Like 1

The only reason I'm in a hurry is because my imported handset will become useless after the migration and now I'm getting really good offer on Samsung Galaxy Note 5

PS: Thank you mods ^^

Edited by abhi.r

In their attempt to shift customers to 4G, they have created so much panic that people are porting to other carrier. now they are feeling the heat. but so far did not receive any such call in either Delhi or Kolkata number.

Damn.. so much confusion around. And RCOM is purposefully making it more and more confusing.

Guajrat is suppose to be in list of circles in 1st phase. so does it mean that RCDMA would continue in Delhi also. I am surprised to see that even RIM gurus in this forum have no concrete information as to what's the road ahead - would RCDMA 1x continue after 31 may in circles like Delhi, what about Evdo. Is 4G upgradation option for Delhi circle too. etc. etc. Too many question. Just hope some RIM guru here is able to get and hare concrete info.

BTW, in Gujarat RCDMA has 6.25 Mhz of spectrum as oppose to 5 Mhz spectrum. Is this the reason they would continue there. The MTS spectrum is same in both circles at 3.75 MHZ

Another question is there is absolute silence on MTS services till now. So would the MTS CDMA servers in Delhi etc. would continue like before after 31 may. Are they planning to have automatic (without MNP) fallback to MTS CDMA for customers who do not opt for 4G upgrade.

Please someone share info ithey have any concrete info.

It's all depends on circle. And don't forget MTS having spectrum in guj.

Few circle definitely going to shutdown.

So keep generating new UPC after every 15days. So even if CDMA stop suddenly u won't loose number.

In their attempt to shift customers to 4G, they have created so much panic that people are porting to other carrier. now they are feeling the heat. but so far did not receive any such call in either Delhi or Kolkata number.

so does it means that eventually CDMA services would continue but they only wanted to make people migrate to 4G (and RGSM) to test the deployment.

• Like 1

Does any RIM GURU has decoded the PRL in the 4G SIM? What are the home networks. Does it has MTS CDMA as Voice fallback network. Does it has JIO band 3 & 40 as home network?

since RCOM only has 850 Mhz spectum for 4G, what would happen for people having handset that support only Band 3 or band 40, Would they latch to Jio for 4G or be on 3G only.

Just now I spoke to Reliance Customer Care. *222

The customer care guy told me this...

a) They do not have specific date for launch of 4G in Delhi, but they say its "very soon". Hope it's not Reliance Jio's "very soon" ^^

B) Right now I just need to register my CDMA number to new 4G sim. (by sms or call to 1299)

c) My CDMA number will remain active for some time.

d) The day 4G is launched... CDMA will stop working and I can start using Reliance 4G thru new sim.

And yes, he told me that CDMA and 4G cannot coexist. CDMA will stop working, then only 4G will start.

• Like 2

Today , i generated a UPC code; i got a call from the reliance store that please do not port the number, please give us a chance to shift you to 4G, i told them i no mood to move to RGSM and they said that CDMA network is going to shut down and that is something which is being published and told widely, including Social Media and other communication channels.

I told that lady to give it to me in writing that CDMA network will not shut down i will stay back. she had no words and quietly said ok if you want to go then go

I got this message, mumbai circle.

Dear Customer,we are upgrading to 4G. You may face intermittent network issues. We regret the inconvenience and seek support during this process. Thx RCOM

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Just got this SMS in my Mumbai Rcdma sime203e1061425f563e87b4972209629eb.jpg

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

RCOM has missed a real opportunity to bring their customer into 4G fold, in a slow gradual manner by their choice & not by force. Like starting 4G quickly, keeping CDMA live for 3 to 6 months & keep requesting / enticing CDMA customers with good data offers to switch to 4G & only moderately mentioning that it will be closed in next 6 months. This would have given most of their customers a comfort, time to think & decide and act.

Now, what as customer, I am feeling is I was in cdma stable one day & next morning, owner started pushing all of us out of that known stable to another unknown one, without any intimation / time to settle.

People have more choices now a days with MNP, so what RCOM has done is big blunder. I have no data to support, but just a guess, that probably at the end of all this RCOM may loose their 5 to 20% loyal customers, who were with CDMA all those years and now, suddenly betrayed by their service provider.

Today, got 2, 4G sim card, from web world, but felt like I "had" to buy this not I "should" buy this. No one knew at RWW, when 4G will start & CDMA will close. So, not only customers, even RCOM has not taken their partners also on Board...

We will all get used to new things & forget older one eventually, but CDMA was a one of the real nice part of our life, for many years !!! Using CDMA (lately a rare service in most of the groups) while rest of all the guyz were on GSM, gave me a feel that I m owning a Macbook Air with Mac OS, in guyz surrounded by Windows. :) Long live CDMA

Edited by silent_god
  • Like 2

Yes, in this age of consumer options, they are still thinking like Henry Ford, who had famously said "people can have it in any colour, as long as it is black"

I would estimate the port out percentage at about 25% or even more. At least in circles where they have MTS, they should have followed a slow and steady policy.

• Like 3

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/reliance-jio-extends-trial-launch-of-4g-services-to-public-through-invite/articleshow/52137979.cms

Employees of JIO will invite people through a referral system where those people will be given a LYF phone with free unlimited 4g data and voice for 3 months.

Apparently this is being done to further test and fine-tune their system.

What is surprisibg is that

We as a user are getting messages to upgrade to 4g but no where from rcom there is official announcement what is yhe big picture so that people can take action

Very strange moov from rcom in this type of world where information is the 1 priority

We are screwed royally by RCDMA in name of upgrade to 4G. All our lifetime plans have been reset to 2p/sec on doing the 4G FRC recharge.. instantly even till the time old CDMA SIM is active. Did 4G migration today.. Lost my lifetime 50p call rate. What a scam RCDMA doing - totally unethical, pathetic. Would port out as soon as I exhaust my 2000+ prepaid balance. Enough of this. What's the point of being on worst network of RGSM with calling rate of 2p/s.

I'll port to another Tata CDMA or another carrier if reliance CDMA will shut down better to port out another GSM because so much band problems with rcom 4G

We are screwed royally by RCDMA in name of upgrade to 4G. All our lifetime plans have been reset to 2p/sec on doing the 4G FRC recharge.. instantly even till the time old CDMA SIM is active. Did 4G migration today.. Lost my lifetime 50p call rate. What a scam RCDMA doing - totally unethical, pathetic. Would port out as soon as I exhaust my 2000+ prepaid balance. Enough of this. What's the point of being on worst network of RGSM with calling rate of 2p/s.

Prepaid number or Post paid?

Which circle?

Prepaid number or Post paid?

Which circle?

He already said His 2000+ prepaid balance :)