Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

In Goa upgrade sim is being charged at 100 and no compulsion for FRC recharge

found this online

http://en.miui.com/thread-251620-1-1.html

any of the users facing network connectivity issues like this?

We are screwed royally by RCDMA in name of upgrade to 4G. All our lifetime plans have been reset to 2p/sec on doing the 4G FRC recharge.. instantly even till the time old CDMA SIM is active. Did 4G migration today.. Lost my lifetime 50p call rate. What a scam RCDMA doing - totally unethical, pathetic. Would port out as soon as I exhaust my 2000+ prepaid balance. Enough of this. What's the point of being on worst network of RGSM with calling rate of 2p/s.

Prepaid number or Post paid?

Which circle?

He already said His 2000+ prepaid balance :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

We are screwed royally by RCDMA in name of upgrade to 4G. All our lifetime plans have been reset to 2p/sec on doing the 4G FRC recharge.. instantly even till the time old CDMA SIM is active. Did 4G migration today.. Lost my lifetime 50p call rate. What a scam RCDMA doing - totally unethical, pathetic. Would port out as soon as I exhaust my 2000+ prepaid balance. Enough of this. What's the point of being on worst network of RGSM with calling rate of 2p/s.

Which circle?

Delhi/Prepaid

found this online

Which circle?

What !!! As per http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/4G/4G_overview.html the first step is to do FRC and then send SMS to 1299. Are you sure there was no requirement of FRC :((((

Any one can confirm. (What's the use now.. already did FRC :(( )

Just now I got a call from Reliance saying that on 10th May the 4G services will start and my number will be migrated to 4G.

When I asked what will happen to my CDMA number.. He said.. "sorry uske liye main kuch bhi nahi kar sakta hu" hahahaha. Typical Reliance staff

• Like 2

found this online

Which circle?

What !!! As per http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/4G/4G_overview.html the first step is to do FRC and then send SMS to 1299. Are you sure there was no requirement of FRC :((((

Any one can confirm. (What's the use now.. already did FRC :(( )

Didn't do any FRC for Dehi postpaid cdma.

Just got the sim and registered.

However as a postpaid customer I was asked to clear all pending dues before registering the new sim. They didn't even give me the sim till they saw I had more money in my a/c than my current bill.

• Like 1

I still have about 200 outstanding payment on my number but I've registered for 4G.

• Like 1

I still have about 200 outstanding payment on my number but I've registered for 4G.

That's the thing.There's no set rule for anything.

I heard the "clear all pending dues first" at that store only.

Seems like the store people can just about make up anything they consider as a rule.

• Like 1

Just now I got a call from Reliance saying that on 10th May the 4G services will start and my number will be migrated to 4G.

When I asked what will happen to my CDMA number.. He said.. "sorry uske liye main kuch bhi nahi kar sakta hu" hahahaha. Typical Reliance staff

Which circle u from??

Which circle u from??

Delhi / Postpaid

http://newsmarkets.in/reliance-communications-to-continue-existing-cdma-tariffs-on-4g-upgrade-until-commercial-launch/

This say that until commercial launch of Rcom 4G (maybe by end of this year when Jio will also be launched) all CDMA postpaid plans will remain same.

Also in Delhi and some other circles CDMA will be stopped by 31-May

http://newsmarkets.in/reliance-communications-to-continue-existing-cdma-tariffs-on-4g-upgrade-until-commercial-launch/

This say that until commercial launch of Rcom 4G (maybe by end of this year when Jio will also be launched) all CDMA postpaid plans will remain same.

Do you guys have any idea bout Tata Indicom in New Delhi.

Yes. Excellent coverage except underground parts of Metro. Tata has highest number of CDMA bts in Delhi. But, keep in mind, it might shut down. Already shutting down in Mumbai, AP and UPE on 30th June.

CDMA is already dead in India.

Probably because of their carrier locked handset policy it did not maintained its pace in India market.

• Like 1

I am postpaid customer with unlimited plan,

I am received call from rcom that only 5GB data is free.

In current plan i am used unlimited data.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I am postpaid customer with unlimited plan,

I am received call from rcom that only 5GB data is free.

In current plan i am used unlimited data.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Plan name?

Probably because of their carrier locked handset policy it did not maintained its pace in India market.

Yes u r right....

in surat network has gone bad day by day,so many problems like call lost,network down,very low data speed,for past 6-8 months i am not able to get more than 300kbps speed.... so many problems

Looks like CDMA is shutting down in Mumbai on 31 May itself (I thought it was 30 June).

Any official confirmation about this from Mumbai or Thane postpaid users?

This looks too hasty.

Edited by natjay

Looks like CDMA is shutting down in Mumbai on 31 May itself (I thought it was 30 June).

This looks too hasty.

Yes i also got same call frm reliance.

Maharashtra circle

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Yes u r right....

in surat network has gone bad day by day,so many problems like call lost,network down,very low data speed,for past 6-8 months i am not able to get more than 300kbps speed.... so many problems

I have the same problem in Delhi. The cdma network has turned pathetic.

FYI - For outgoing voice calls, I hear recorded message that "They are waiting for me to register for 4G by dialing 1299 etc.." I am postpaid CDMA subscriber from Pune (Maharastra circle), I would say that it's kind of annoying if they are going to playback that message for every outgoing call.

This looks too hasty.

Yes i also got same call frm reliance.

Maharashtra circle

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hello Samrat,

Did you get your 4G sim by courier or did you have to go to the store (in Thane) to get it?

The caller from Reliance said that sim is available only at stores but a few hours later I got a repeat message that my 4G sim has been sent by courier.

Such confusing messages prior to launch are not a good sign. Imagine if, after upgrade, we face problems. RCom will say it's because of RJio while RJio will say it's because of Rcom. Classic example of too many cooks.

Have any of those, who have registered their new sim, got any message that their new 4g sim is active/their old cdma sim has shut down or anything similar?

received 4G SIM through courier for one of my no. after an hour of receipt of SIM, got a call for migration process. The lady clearly told me that the plan will remain same. One of my no. is on SpecialDZERO and other is on SRP200R.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Edited by aalok

Got 4G SIM free from webworld in Hyderabad.executive sent sms got confirmation

received 4G SIM through courier for one of my no. after an hour of receipt of SIM, got a call for migration process. The lady clearly told me that the plan will remain same. One of my no. is on SpecialDZERO and other is on SRP200R.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Yes, I have got SpecialDZero myself and have been told the same thing, that all voice and data plans for now would stay the same and simply be migrated to the other service.