Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Got 4G SIM from webworld in Kolkata for my Kolkata Postpaid No. They just took Rs.25 and gave the SIM and noted down the number and the name in which it is registered.

I think CDMA will not work after 25 may

Rcom is announcing they are upgrading service in hidden they are closing CDMA in the name of uprating

Rcom is announcing they are upgrading service in hidden they are closing CDMA in the name of uprating

When I asked customer support that when are you shutting down CDMA, they say that they are not shutting it down, but rather upgrading to 4G.

When I asked customer support that when are you shutting down CDMA, they say that they are not shutting it down, but rather upgrading to 4G.
C.C has confirmed that cdma will be closed

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Few of the websites, telling that 4G sim upgrade is FREE. However, at Baroda RWW, they have taken 50 Rs for me / SIM. So any members, not got SIM so far, can demand it free.

source : http://telecomtalk.info/rcom-cdma-offers-after-4g-upgrade/152741/

by the way, I am from Baroda, Gujarat circle, and contrary to other feedbacks on this forum, I have found RCOM CDMA services running perfectly so far. , voice/sms/1x/evdo, all. In this city. No idea about other parts of state.

Few of the websites, telling that 4G sim upgrade is FREE. However, at Baroda RWW, they have taken 50 Rs for me / SIM. So any members, not got SIM so far, can demand it free.

source : http://telecomtalk.info/rcom-cdma-offers-after-4g-upgrade/152741/

by the way, I am from Baroda, Gujarat circle, and contrary to other feedbacks on this forum, I have found RCOM CDMA services running perfectly so far. , voice/sms/1x/evdo, all. In this city. No idea about other parts of state.

Same in Hyderabad too

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

I am from RCDMA customer in Pune. Got a 4G SIM from Reliance Store. Registered it. Waiting for the activation. I called up CC to know when will it be active. They mentioned that by 21-May RCDMA will shut down in Rest-of-Maharashtra and Goa. So the SIM will be active before that.

Meanwhile, CDMA servies running perefectly without any hassles.

I got sim from gallery. And got another sim via courier. Waiting for 4G upgrade. My htc phone is almost dead. I don't want to waste money on this useless phone. I wanna start using s7 edge

😊

Yeah, the only problem is - everyone is waiting for the activation sms.

I got sim from gallery. And got another sim via courier. Waiting for 4G upgrade. My htc phone is almost dead. I don't want to waste money on this useless phone. I wanna start using s7 edge

Which circle?

• Like 1

Which circle?

Probably Maharashtra/Mumbai......those are the only guys I know who are getting their sims by courier.

FYI - Started getting 'Automated' calls from yesterday (my dumb CDMA phone shows called ID as 080 55279857), and recorded message says that CDMA to 4G upgrade is happening on 30th May. Call disconnects after this brief message.

My CDMA postpaid connection is in Pune/Maharashtra circle.

• Like 2

And they're still not advertising.

Saving costs because the budget is overstretched ?

May be they are not sure about the launch on 30th may too?

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 2

May be they are not sure about the launch on 30th may too?

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that could very well be the case.

It would be a loss of face for them in business circles as well as customer circles if they advertise 30th May and then have to push the official launch back again.

Can anyone plz confirm that existing data plans for prepaid Netconnect+ will continue after upgrade to 4G..??

Actually currently I m using Rs.3001/- for 1GB data per month lifetime plan....

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

c64908fdd9a5b5efd85880b1156520d0.jpg

I dont understand why i got this message on my rcom cdma number

Can anyone plz confirm that existing data plans for prepaid Netconnect+ will continue after upgrade to 4G..??

Actually currently I m using Rs.3001/- for 1GB data per month lifetime plan....

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

First of all have you registered for 4g or not

I have registered for upgrade

I recharged 4444 in my no in 2009

Till now I am getting 500 Reliance to Reliance NATIONAL/local MINUTES

After upgrading to 4g and then recharging with FRC 93, I dialled *226 its showing my balance minutes

Till now my lifetime offer minutes are showing

• Like 1

This is probably due to corrupt flash on your android.

Type *#06# in your dialer and see if you can get your original 14 digit MEID or not. If you cannot and you see something like B00000 or only zeros then its corrupt.

Did you flash a custom rom on your phone ?

After using RGSM I strongly feel that before 4G they need to improve their 2G Coverage no signals most of times while travelling.

This is probably due to corrupt flash on your android.

Type *#06# in your dialer and see if you can get your original 14 digit MEID or not. If you cannot and you see something like B00000 or only zeros then its corrupt.

Did you flash a custom rom on your phone ?

The phone is Samsung s239 and not Android device.

Already sent upgrade request SMS 1299 and received confirmation SMS.

But every time I make a call, there is a prerecorded message "awaiting your upgrade request.........................". Its really becoming irritating.

Got RCOM LTE 4G SIM Card @ home, through BlueDart. Unfortunately, I have already purchased two from RWW few days back.

I am on prepaid, Gujarat circle, cdma.

This RCOM guyz are mismanaging the change. I had given upgrade request 10 days earlier, so there was no need to send this. In fact, had this been the plan to send sim directly to customer, they should have informed earlier, to avoid hoards of people rushing to RWW for getting their new sim. RWW charges for this, however no Bill / invoice is given for this, so even refund is not expected.

By the way, has 4G started ? If not, when ? My cdma sim is working so far.