Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Exactly, people are taking 'Talking on VoLTE' as 'Status symbol'

Nah! Its deeper.. Several CDMA handsets still remain unsold in the market. VOLTE seems like their only saviour. Check out the buy-sell forum. Surprising to see what's going on there..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, ACS said:

Nah! Its deeper.. Several CDMA handsets still remain unsold in the market. VOLTE seems like their only saviour. Check out the buy-sell forum. Surprising to see what's going on there..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

One thing is for sure, CDMA will die in India.

MTS - will continue til RCOM merges with it.

BSNL - winded up in most circles. In my circle, Kolkata no CDMA since March 31.

Tata - few voice customers, but still Photon is a big brand in wireless data market. Fate is yet to be decided. 

RCOM- definitely kill the CDMA in due course of time. Starting of Rcom-Jio spectrum sharing will be the death certificate for RCDMA.

I would suggest CDMA handset sellers to sell off their CDMA only handsets as soon as possible, even at a price with zero profit. However CDMA/GSM imported handsets will continue the sale until the 3G becomes obsolete in the shadows of 4G. 

If 4g network is low You can switch to 2g or 3g. Volte may have QoS since it's is a network feature carrying voice (unlike Skype). Volte uses IP protocol.. Which are essentially data packets. In 2g and 3g it's still data but connection is peer to peer like a traditional telephony. In IP each data packet has the destination address so it can travel with other data. Yes QoS is essential in such cases. 

• Like 1

It has been absolutely a Disaster as far as this upgrade is concerned, they could have handled it in a much better fashion by communicating better. it seems none of Reliance Communications internal departments are talking to each other. the Communication team is not in Sync with what marketing is saying and no one know what should be a standard communication to customers should be.

• Like 1

Reliance CDMA network has been shut down in whole punjab... since 17-may-2016 00:00 am network has vanished from all CDMA handsets including FWP's

This is really a big stupidity of reliance specially for those who were using FWP for their commercial use like shop/office landline numbers... Everyone is crying.... cdma mobile to fir bhi port ho jayega what about FWP ??? No information at any store is being provided... Nor even 4g sim , they have no knowledge about 4g sim swap from old cdma numbers....

• Like 1

Hello Friends,

Any idea what happens to existing CDMA conndections, after RCOM 4G is "ACTUALLY" live ? I have one cdma number of my mom, which I have not done for 4G recharge, not got any new 4G sim. I plan to let it remain cdma sim, as usual. After all these upgrade messed up activity, will I have to stop using cdma or they will automatically take my number into their 4G network ? 

Meanwhile JIO employees are inviting the public for referrals for the promotional 3 month "unlimited" LYF phone bundled JIO 4G sim ( LYF phone will have to be purchased ) on FB and other social media.

If anyone is interested head over to the JIO page or the trending news section of FB where a couple of Reliance Digital store owners from different states are also offering the scheme.

41 minutes ago, silent_god said:

Hello Friends,

Any idea what happens to existing CDMA conndections, after RCOM 4G is "ACTUALLY" live ? I have one cdma number of my mom, which I have not done for 4G recharge, not got any new 4G sim. I plan to let it remain cdma sim, as usual. After all these upgrade messed up activity, will I have to stop using cdma or they will automatically take my number into their 4G network ? 

You will have to change the Sim card if CDMA network shuts down. CDMA uses RUIM which is not the same as a GSM Sim card. So you'll have to shift to GSM to continue your number, when CDMA shuts down ( no clarity on that yet frankly)

• Like 1

Reliance CDMA network has been shut down in whole punjab... since 17-may-2016 00:00 am network has vanished from all CDMA handsets including FWP's

This is really a big stupidity of reliance specially for those who were using FWP for their commercial use like shop/office landline numbers... Everyone is crying.... cdma mobile to fir bhi port ho jayega what about FWP ??? No information at any store is being provided... Nor even 4g sim , they have no knowledge about 4g sim swap from old cdma numbers....

So hv u got migrated to 4G ??

Hv ur 4G sim got activated??

I m from Gujrat circle still nothing happened here but waiting for cdma to stop n migrate to 4G ..

Hello Friends,

Hi,

Please go through above post of Vikas Mahajan, in Punjab they switched off complete CDMA so if you won't port or migrate one fine day when your circle gets switched off, your number will be useless. You won't be able to generate port out code also until you get cdma coverage either by roaming to other circle.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Worst part is that buggers don't have any information about 4G sim, what to speak about technology... Moreover the GSM plans have less credits in regard to benefits available on cdma plans.

Regards

Friends, I have an HTC ONE E8 (dual SIM with CDMA on SIM-1) which I believe does not support LTE; I am at present using CDMA (post paid). I have received the 4G SIM and have sent the upgrade request to 1299.

Can you please suggest me the options ahead for me? If I am not able to access 4G on LTE, will I be able to use Voice and Data on 3G on this phone (HTC One E8)? Please enlighten me.

So,  in short message from rcom to their loyal customer base is "damned if you do,  damned if you don't do". Question is has TRAI got some control lr guidelines for this kind of change process? Or not. 

So,  in short message from rcom to their loyal customer base is "damned if you do,  damned if you don't do". Question is has TRAI got some control lr guidelines for this kind of change process? Or not. 

Hi,

Please go through above post of Vikas Mahajan, in Punjab they switched off complete CDMA so if you won't port or migrate one fine day when your circle gets switched off, your number will be useless. You won't be able to generate port out code also until you get cdma coverage either by roaming to other circle.

Regards

The best way is to generate port request on 30 may to be on safe side

Just now talked with Reliance 198 CC senior supervisor , he told migration will be done before 31st may n every one in india who has registered to 4G will be migrated at the same time. He told me 90% reliance users has already registered to 4G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDMA in all circles will be shut down in phased manner.

Reliance (RCOM) paid a huge price to liberalise all its spectrum holding and by acquiring new spectrum in auctions. It won't make sense for them to continue CDMA which won't bring any new revenue to them.

Even MTS Spectrum after the merger will be coverted to 4G & CDMA in those circles will also be shut down.

It's better to convert your sim or PORT in time else you will loose your no. If you don't do it before deadline.

The CDMA TO GSM/4G Switch-Over would happen in night consequatively. One will off, another will on.

Right now only thing is to register the sim for upgrade.

Rest process will be informed in future.

Also, CDMA was dead technology and it was bound to happen. Infact last year RCOM announced it publicly after winning the Auction about its intention to launch 4G on CDMA Band.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

isn't it 09% ?? 👻👻

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking at the scenario 

No official confirmation and announcement from rcom cdma

I feel that its high time i port to MTS

as i see atleast another year or 2 till MTS CDMA is alive 

I spent huge amount in buying the sprint note 4 

I dont want to make it a paper weight 

I have bought a new sim to test the network and the data speeds and plan 

Any one who has had bitter experience with MTS please share before I port out

MTS is going to be shut down as well by Reliance.

No point in porting out.

I just got this massage on my Rcom number what's that's means ?????

Screenshot_2016-05-19-14-00-24.png

Edited by nabeelnavs
Wrong spell

^^^

It seems you have registered for 4G upgrade.....

Bdw., how much did you pay for this 4G sim to reliance store ppl

This is Rs. 1 FRC for 4G upgrade....