Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Dono bhaiyon ke dukaaney alag alag hongey; daam bhi alag hongey, magar network ek hi hoga.

So, CDMA stopped in Mumbai circle. But Mumbai doesn't have MTS. Let's see what happens in Delhi where MTS network exists.

So they have started with Mumbai circle.. but why ONLY HSPA? Why NOT allow upgraded users to use RJio's 4G network at least???

Circle is Mumbai and handset is one plus one.

Your handset doesnt support 800 mhz band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arre aaj nahi to kal cdma band hoga hi.

its not about warp up of cdma services its the the way they have closed it with no official announcement yet

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Cdma still working in Mumbai. Those who have put in request for upgrade are slowly being shifted to Reliance GSM. . G services have not started yet but you can expect them to start once a sizeable chunk of cdma customers are shifted to gsm. I am waiting for my upgraded sim to become active.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Currently in Mumbai not able to latch in Jio4g using Rcom Mumbai 4g sim. Currently data is 3g H+

They are migrating CDMA users in batches in Mumbai so CDMA is live & 4g migrated users can use Rcom 3g in Mumbai

23 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

Currently in Mumbai not able to latch in Jio4g using Rcom Mumbai 4g sim. Currently data is 3g H+

In 4g you dont get a 4g symbol or icon notification but the type of network you are logged in to.

What you are getting is hspda+ i.e. @42mbps.

Migrated Mumbai users, first check:

* Does your phone have 4G?

* Does handset support 800 mhz band?

* Is the nearest tower 4G ready? This you may not know.. But even for Airtel users, if 4G signals are weak, you will naturally fall back to 3G. Therefore, checkout speeds in rest of the city, to be sure first.

If indeed you're getting only 3G speed everywhere, Reliance may ask us to wait for a while OR till Jio launch? This especially doesn't make sense for circles where they don't even have 3G license eg. Gujarat

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, axiom said:

In 4g you dont get a 4g symbol or icon notification but the type of network you are logged in to.

What you are getting is hspda+ i.e. @42mbps.

If you are connected to a 4g network the notification icon will show either LTE or 4G depending on handset, my airtel connection shows up as LTE in my One Plus Two and as 4g on the s7 also Reliance has cheekily displaying the name as RELIANCE 4g (ala Vodafone IN) however the network type as shown in the sim status under settings and the icon shows hspa and H+ respectively still not able to connect to data services despite having 1gb data balance.

1 minute ago, ACS said:

* Is the nearest tower 4G ready? This you may not know.. But even for Airtel users, if 4G signals are weak, you will naturally fall back to 3G. Therefore, checkout speeds in rest of the city, to be sure first.

If indeed you're getting only 3G speed everywhere, Reliance may ask us to wait for a while OR till Jio launch? This especially doesn't make sense for circles where they don't even have 3G license eg. Gujarat

Check

Check

Check

4g signals aren't live anywhere in Mumbai YET have couple of sources in various parts of Mumbai all have compatible handset no one has seen 4g signal live so far, I do agree thought it's too bad for circles with no 3g fallback, maybe they will have to clear the cdma network completely first.

Regarding rumours of CDMA continuing.. We know who might've started that. Most probably a seller, who's finding it difficult to sell off his balance CDMA stock 😂

• Like 2

Today I got one SMS which says "Your request for 4G migration has been done on SIM 899........."

Now not able to make or receive calls/ EVDO/1x on CDMA sim. Inserted 4g sim on my 4g (Band 3 only) phone. Call and SMS works occasionally. Absolutely no data connectivity so far. Network shows Reliance.

I am from Mumbai ( postpaid)

Sent using Tapatalk

Recharge value has been changed... 

Screenshot_20160525-121548.png

1 hour ago, ACS said:

Just for clarification: Do we need to have a handset with LTE band 5 (850mhz) or LTE band 20(800 mhz)? I find different members quoting different mhz values. Thank in advance.

When 4g will start in maharashtra circle... for wipod users they have to start directly 4g bcoz there is no fallback on 2g/3g

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Finally my 4G "Upgraded" sim is working. Unable to latch on Jio 4G network, working on Reliance own 2G/ 3G network. The other CDMA no upgarded number is working usual on CDMA network.

@ACS, there is no Reliance 4G network on 800 mhz, at least in Mumbai, as of now.

Still all services working evdo 1x on nashik Maharashtra  circle 

My CDMA postpaid Mumbai no has stopped working (no call, SMS, data) When I inserted 4g upgraded Sim on iPhone 5s, the network is on/off for last 4 hrs. No data btw.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes bro

So far so good....Hope they role out in other regions soon...No data from yesterday :(

A lot of people aren't able to reach me, neither am I able to call a lot of people. Thinking of forwarding my calls to another number. Just wondering, if CDMA services are stopped, and 4G(GSM)activated, how will I cancel the forwards in that case? Any clue, anyone?