Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Y this partiality we made recharge for 97 & now they are giving same benefit for Rs: 1 :(

1 hour ago, Shanu360 said:

Recharge value has been changed... 

Screenshot_20160525-121548.png

So now they want to change the tariff plan in name of 4G Upgrade. 

I believe many CDMA users are still on lifetime plan of flat 50P calling

Can anyone tell me if i upgrade to 4g sim of my current cdma number then will that sim work on basic phone or only 4g enabled phones only?

5 minutes ago, ashish_1985 said:

Can anyone tell me if i upgrade to 4g sim of my current cdma number then will that sim work on basic phone or only 4g enabled phones only?

U cn use any normal GSM mobile 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

Y this partiality we made recharge for 97 & now they are giving same benefit for Rs: 1 :(

Tnk due to lower response... 

7 minutes ago, Shanu360 said:

U cn use any normal GSM mobile 

ok thanks :)

44 minutes ago, BihariSarpanch said:

A lot of people aren't able to reach me, neither am I able to call a lot of people. Thinking of forwarding my calls to another number. Just wondering, if CDMA services are stopped, and 4G(GSM)activated, how will I cancel the forwards in that case? Any clue, anyone?

Using Sprint HTC One M7 here at North Delhi. 

Evdo Not working since yesterday. Only 1X Data which don't work (Sarcasm).

Calls and sms are working fine for me here.

Using Sprint HTC One M7 here at North Delhi. 

Evdo Not working since yesterday. Only 1X Data which don't work (Sarcasm).

Calls and sms are working fine for me here.

Hi,

Who want sms, it's all together WhatsApp now, *******s with no planning stopped EVDO.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, BihariSarpanch said:

A lot of people aren't able to reach me, neither am I able to call a lot of people. Thinking of forwarding my calls to another number. Just wondering, if CDMA services are stopped, and 4G(GSM)activated, how will I cancel the forwards in that case? Any clue, anyone?

Nothing to worry the moment your 4g sim starts, you can cancel call forward

1 hour ago, vicky2089 said:

Haha, Also no one is going to get that 10gb 4G data benefit. The validity of data benefit after migration is 30 days and I am sure there won't be any 4G network in 30 days. So it's only 1gb 2g/3g data post migration, if at all it works.

Evdo stopped working in Hyderabad, my phone latches only to 1x. Not sure if its permament.

44 minutes ago, caringlover said:

Hi,

Who want sms, it's all together WhatsApp now, *******s with no planning stopped EVDO.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Whatapp works alright with 1x. Personally tested and used.

Why there is no transparent process... how they are running their company.. even employees of reliance communication had no clue what is goings on how they will make a good relationship with customers in near future.... RCDMA is a base of company's foundation and they are destroying it's foundation

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Is CDMA network totally gone out in Mumbai? I'm seeing 1X/EVDO signals on my mobile but I'm not able to make or receive calls & sms. (It was fine in the morning but service went out around 12pm).

I'm reluctant to try the 4G sim because the guy at the store specifically told not to insert the 4G sim unless the existing CDMA network completely goes out. Else the new sim will get deactivated.

Is this true? What's the next step now since two of my phones are not at all functioning for the past 5 hours.

5 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

Today I got one SMS which says "Your request for 4G migration has been done on SIM 899........."

Now not able to make or receive calls/ EVDO/1x on CDMA sim. Inserted 4g sim on my 4g (Band 3 only) phone. Call and SMS works occasionally. Absolutely no data connectivity so far. Network shows Reliance.

I am from Mumbai ( postpaid)

Sent using Tapatalk

Exactly the same issue. I am using a Xiaomi Mi5 with a Vodafone sim as backup and Vodaone clearly shows 4G icon with speed going up to 20Mbps.

3 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

Benefits have changed.There is no premigration benefit.150 mins + unlimited onnet + 1GB EVDO data

My 4g sim is activated. Data is not working. Phone is able to catch 4g network as well. Called customer care. They said need to go to gallery and get some sim scanned. Using galaxy s7 edge. 

Screenshot_20160525-182627.png

Edited by Mandar Ranade
  • Like 2

Mandar, you are probably the first person on the forum who is able to scan and latch on 4g network of Reliance (not JIO) using upgraded sim. Congrats. Circle Mumbai or maharashtra? Also try to tell us which LTE band? Dial *#*#0011#*#* and post screenshot while on lte network.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Are the voice plans also changing like the data plans or they'll stay the same ?

Mandar, is your voice plan still the same as your cdma voice plan ?

5 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Are the voice plans also changing like the data plans or they'll stay the same ?

Mandar, is your voice plan still the same as your cdma voice plan ?

I'm postpaid user. It is still saying showing me same plan. Not sure though :D but it was told postpaid plans won't change at least immediately. 

1 hour ago, bigbyte said:

Mandar, you are probably the first person on the forum who is able to scan and latch on 4g network of Reliance (not JIO) using upgraded sim. Congrats. Circle Mumbai or maharashtra? Also try to tell us which LTE band? Dial *#*#0011#*#* and post screenshot while on lte network.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I will see if I get 4G n/w at home. I doubt. I took that screenshot when I was in office. Tomorrow I will visit gallery and update you guys further.  *#*#0011#*#*  is not working. I did *#0011# band 3 at home.

Edited by Mandar Ranade

4 hours ago, Mandar Ranade said:

My 4g sim is activated. Data is not working. Phone is able to catch 4g network as well. Called customer care. They said need to go to gallery and get some sim scanned. Using galaxy s7 edge. 

Screenshot_20160525-182627.png

Congratulations. Hope you are able to post regular updates now 

At my home I actually selected Jio-IND and i was able to connect. It shows R sign on network and connected to LTE band 3.and data was not working as said earlier..

After doing above steps, I again went to search network and select automatically.. R sign gone! and still on 4G LTE same band 3. and if I'm not mistaken band 3 is of Jio.

Edited by Mandar Ranade