Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

I am a Delhi RIM Postpaid customer. There is only 1x since last 3 days in Mayur Vihar 1 area. And there is no text, pre-recorded message etc about anything. 

Besides that, in today's Patna newspaper 'Prabhat Khabar', it is mentioned that by June 7th, all CDMA customers of Bihar will necessarily be migrated from CDMA to existing Reliance 3G in Bihar. There is no 2G, as their license expired last December, so they have ICRA agreement. 

But 4G would be launched in September along with Jio, or a little prior to Jio. 

I think the same is going to happen across India. The real 4G would be launched around September only. Because once they free their CDMA spectrum fully, they will be testing, fine tuning etc and it will take them some time. 

• Like 1

Offlate rcdma signals are coming and going in chennai. When someone calls it says out of reach in reachable. At least in other circles they have tentative dates no such thing here wonder what rcom is thinking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This clip is from Prabhat Khabar, Patna edition of today. Page 9

c3830f36-c0ce-47ce-8467-f1e6c73147b2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BihariSarpanch said:

I am a Delhi RIM Postpaid customer. There is only 1x since last 3 days in Mayur Vihar 1 area. And there is no text, pre-recorded message etc about anything. 

Besides that, in today's Patna newspaper 'Prabhat Khabar', it is mentioned that by June 7th, all CDMA customers of Bihar will necessarily be migrated from CDMA to existing Reliance 3G in Bihar. There is no 2G, as their license expired last December, so they have ICRA agreement. 

But 4G would be launched in September along with Jio, or a little prior to Jio. 

I think the same is going to happen across India. The real 4G would be launched around September only. Because once they free their CDMA spectrum fully, they will be testing, fine tuning etc and it will take them some time. 

If there is no 4G in 1 month, I'm sure 50% will port out.

• Like 1

If there is no 4G in 1 month, I'm sure 50% will port out.

But portout karne denge to karenge na

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No network in sim based reliance cdma phones since last one hour in Nagpur Maharashtra.

But the news is that, surprisingly, nv only (without sim/ruim, sprint galaxy s3 and usc note2) phones are showing network also receiving and sending some(not all) calls through.

Also enough data transfer to open banking sites, though slow.

• Like 1

Here in nagpur pro3(rev. B) network is down. Hybrid (rev. A) latched to 1x. In my new wipod these network is showing in search mode

Screenshot 2016-05-26 19.08.59.png

Edited by big_wolf
update on network
  • Like 1

Pro3 EVDO down here in Pune.

1x only works and that too on very low speed.

uoT7YYU.png

As per this report Del and Mum customers are in for some surprise in near future. Possibly. 

http://rtn.asia/t-t/19703/reliance-communications-4g-finally-gets-going-circles-jio-tie

However,  recent Rcom 4g upgrade mismanagement doesn't give enough confidence.. 

Btw my cdma stopped working today morning and i checked 4g sim,  that was active now. My wife's cdma conn.  Is still live.  Guj.  Prepaid. 

Strange.

My cdma postpaid is working fine, delhi circle.

CDMA Post Paid, Mumbai.
CDMA was down all day but phone showed Reliance Network as active. Couldn't make or receive calls. Decided to put the new 4G Sim in my RN3 right now and got Reliance 4G as the network. Am able to make and receive calls now but mobile data is offline.
Anyone using a Redmi Note 3, please can you tell me if I need to make any extra settings etc in the phone??
Thanks.

13 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Strange.

My cdma postpaid is working fine, delhi circle.

I guess you mean 1x.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, silent_god said:

As per this report Del and Mum customers are in for some surprise in near future. Possibly. 

http://rtn.asia/t-t/19703/reliance-communications-4g-finally-gets-going-circles-jio-tie

However,  recent Rcom 4g upgrade mismanagement doesn't give enough confidence.. 

Btw my cdma stopped working today morning and i checked 4g sim,  that was active now. My wife's cdma conn.  Is still live.  Guj.  Prepaid. 

Has anyone in delhi got his 4g sim activated? I think the RTN article is not accurate.

As far as I know, none! Mine is still latched to 1x with 1 bar or none. But it is latched. I can make calls, receive calls, text! 90% of the calls are getting lost, but it is latched! 

2 minutes ago, BihariSarpanch said:

As far as I know, none! Mine is still latched to 1x with 1 bar or none. But it is latched. I can make calls, receive calls, text! 90% of the calls are getting lost, but it is latched! 

Same here...i am in north delhi. Called CC and they dont have a clue.

Should we instead call JIO's customer care center? :)

Maybe they know better!

reliance is not announcing any official date for migration my phone is no signal from morning and  no network  and 4g sim still not activated 

Received following SMS twice today in Delhi postpaid No.

"We are closing CDMA network by 31st May'16. Get your free 4G SIM from any nearest Reliance store and enjoy uninterrupted services. T&C R
COM"

PS: I have not yet registered with 4G SIM

Edited by commonman

I have not received any SMS or any sort of confirmation. I am on Postpaid too

My both 4G sims got activated today around 12pm. I got message at 10am to insert 4g sim in compatible handset.

Currently it's latching on Reliance 2G. No data. If I enable data, then I lose the signal.

I am from sabarmati, Ahmedabad.

CallerID not working yet. All calls are cpming from "unknown"

Cdma sim is showing 1x but call not going thru it. 

Edited by MBU
Adding more info

1 hour ago, mkp101 said:

CDMA Post Paid, Mumbai.
CDMA was down all day but phone showed Reliance Network as active. Couldn't make or receive calls. Decided to put the new 4G Sim in my RN3 right now and got Reliance 4G as the network. Am able to make and receive calls now but mobile data is offline.
Anyone using a Redmi Note 3, please can you tell me if I need to make any extra settings etc in the phone??
Thanks.

No such issue faced in Mumbai.