Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Thanks for bringing up the issue..
We are totally screwed by RCOM here in Pune. No EVDO, No data, No signals from last 3 days on CDMA and still 4G SIM is not yet activated. I have Pro3 Prepaid.

Edited by Amar Jagtap

5 hours ago, SmartSamrat said:

Rcom 4G working now with 10 mbps to 12mbps maximum. Now webworld giving sim for free with frc.53e6eafbe6aadd980962f51a4a7f2be4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which circle and stay start working 4g ??

Rcom 4G working now with 10 mbps to 12mbps maximum. Now webworld giving sim for free with frc.53e6eafbe6aadd980962f51a4a7f2be4.jpg

Which location & which network Rcom or jio

Which location & which network Rcom or jio

Reliance 4G and tested at Ghansoli

Some strange issues @ nagpur  we have 3 numbers waiting for upgrade and 2 numbers are having no signals since 3 days

Today morning i just tried to access network in 4g sim. It was not working then i tried to put in basic 2g phone. It started working. I again try to latch on 4g network but failed and signal no more.

After 5 mins. It started working again on the basic phone and smartphone.

I think those who are not getting the signals might be there sim is upgraded but when they insert the sim in smartphone. It generally tries to access the Preferred network of your phone (LTE)  and as it tries to access. It blocks you 5 mins for 2G access. So that might be the reason.

I experience with 1 number and it is happening since today morning.

So please try at your end.

Is Rcom 4g network available all over Mumbai or only in Reliance ghansoli office

Is Rcom 4g network available all over Mumbai or only in Reliance ghansoli office

May be in office only i guess coz i tried at ambernath but i didnt find any 4G network

5 hours ago, Amar Jagtap said:

Thanks for bringing up the issue..
We are totally screwed by RCOM here in Pune. No EVDO, No data, No signals from last 3 days on CDMA and still 4G SIM is not yet activated. I have Pro3 Prepaid.

Thankfully, at least I am not yet.

Update:

My postpaid CDMA service (voice calls In & Out from my Reliance dumb phone) still working with strong network signal strength in Pune.

4 hours ago, SmartSamrat said:

I think you checked on Dhirubhai Ambani knowledge City 

There is All 4G  Network available someone told me 

If anyone from there please check and send screen shot

Not available in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Checked on IPhone 5S

May be testing is going on......!! At Ghansoli corporate park

5 hours ago, SmartSamrat said:

May be in office only i guess coz i tried at ambernath but i didnt find any 4G network

Yesterday & Today i am using Idea 4g , i got 1gb 4g data for 10 days

i failed to understand why these morons are sending RUIM series. received on one of my #.

734543c014917f98fb62c7d351b111ed.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

@aalok

My guess is, that once CDMA network goes down, the Webworlds would still be able to migrate customers to 4G SIM using the RUIM numbers.

10 minutes ago, aalok said:

i failed to understand why these morons are sending RUIM series. received on one of my #.

734543c014917f98fb62c7d351b111ed.jpg

Old SIM number will be required for  'upgrade through  system' as sms won't be working.. Applicable only for those who still haven't upgraded though sms.

i have a query.. though i have got UPC, valid till 09-June-2016, do i face problem in getting the numbers ported from reliance, if network goes down ? am planning to submit documents to other operator by tuesday or wednusday..

i have a query.. though i have got UPC, valid till 09-June-2016, do i face problem in getting the numbers ported from reliance, if network goes down ? am planning to submit documents to other operator by tuesday or wednusday..

Web world UI has a feature of upgrading CDMA sim to 4G which is functional from early May 2016. This feature will continue even after CDMA signals are pulled off. Best is to submit documents by the 10th day from the day of port code issuance. Port transition is as smooth as it was earlier. Postpaid users need to remain extra careful.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For the last 2 days, whenever I do a refill into my 4G-migrated prepaid sim, I get an error that says (sic) "Recharge Types doesn't exists!"

This error happens only on prepaid mobile recharge. No such errors while recharging dongles.

Also, post migration from CDMA to 4G, I'm noticing 3 issues with my postpaid connection:

1. I'm hearing an echo while making calls. That is, whenever I make a call, I can hear an echo of my own voice along with the voice of the person I'm talking to.
  2. There's a delay of around 10 sec in sending sms (i.e., when I type a message and press send, the message doesn't get sent immediately. I see a 'sending' notification for about 10 sec before the message finally gets sent).
  3. While making calls in the afternoon, I have to try multiple times before I'm connected.

error-msg.png

was in punjab from 26th May and there was no cdma network. back in delhi now and my phone came alive after 4 days. the less i say about rcom the better it is for my blood pressure. am stuck with a corporate connection else i would have ported long back.  

• Like 1

was in punjab from 26th May and there was no cdma network. back in delhi now and my phone came alive after 4 days. the less i say about rcom the better it is for my blood pressure. am stuck with a corporate connection else i would have ported long back.  

Hi,

To add the topping, no EVDO. Data was there monopoly & this is screwed now.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

post migration from CDMA to 4G, I'm noticing 3 issues with my postpaid connection:

1. I'm hearing an echo while making calls. That is, whenever I make a call, I can hear an echo of my own voice along with the voice of the person I'm talking to.
  2. There's a delay of around 10 sec in sending sms (i.e., when I type a message and press send, the message doesn't get sent immediately. I see a 'sending' notification for about 10 sec before the message finally gets sent).
  3. While making calls in the afternoon, I have to try multiple times before I'm connected.
error-msg.png

Welcome to RGsm, where horrible voice quality is a common thing.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

59e7a38b0e202d2ff1a56223e3225f6f.jpg

4g upgrade option available on RCom website..

Sent using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Welcome to RGsm, where horrible voice quality is a common thing.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's a huge difference in quality specially when I compare my CDMA experience to this new GSM/4G hybrid.

I've used Reliance CDMA for 10 years and all through that, the voice clarity was superb, even during rains. I could hear the sound of a pin dropping or a crow cawing in the background on the other side. Now, post migration, I'm hearing my own voice during calls :wacko:

If this is the network condition in Mumbai then only god knows how bad it's going to be in remote areas.

Curiously, my dongle is working quite fast though I know CDMA is going to be officially shut down by tomorrow. However, the 4G dongle is not yet activated.

Edited by Openyard

Which band rcom/rjio is working on/will work on: 800 Mhz , 850 Mhz, 1800 Mhz or 2300 Mhz ?

Edited by ajay16