Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

1 hour ago, vakharia said:

Did you recharge online by going to the Top Up section and add Re. 1 and paid the amount?

Edit: It turns out that if I put Re. 1 in the box and try to "Continue", I get the same page again along with the list of Vouchers starting at Rs. 10.

So, this does not work for me - tried two browsers.

Just did recharge of Re 1 thru Mobikwik and it worked !!!!

• Like 2

got this sms just now

Pls Insert your New 4GSIM into any GSM or 4G Compatible Handset after NO SERVICES on OLD Handset to continue uninterrupted GSM services.RCOM

lol 2G network named as Relience 4G..

anyway my SIM not latching to signal but while searching it shows  network. 

hope it get activated soon ...

I have postpaid no. roaming in mumbai , sms process done in mumbai with in 10 minutes GSM(4G) active here in Gujarat.

Kolkata CDMA SIM was showing network in the evening but no data. Tried calling, call was getting disconnected after 1 sec. Switched off CDMA SIM and inserted 4G SIM. It did not catch any network. Did manual search and selected Reliance 3G. SIM registered and now working for Voice but no data. Also strangely, SMS from Rel 4G Kolkata  to Airtel Kolkata working but SMS from Delhi Rel CDMA SIM to Kolkata 4G SIM not working. SIM works only if preferred network type is set to 3G or 2G. Stops the moment network type is indicated as LTE. There is no RCom 4G network. Jio 4G network is available but SIM fails to register.

Got two Delhi circle 4G SIMs thanks to @ngr.hd and initiated upgrade for Delhi postpaid and prepaid numbers. Migration recharge of Re.1for prepaid  worked via Mobikwik.

Edited by commonman

2 hours ago, Anupam Batra said:

How to get data working???

calls working fine..

delhi

I have the same issue...called up local web world guy....he says that it should start working in a day.

My 4G sim started working. But no Data

Delhi circle 

33 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Getting 4G network?

Hahaha bhai 2g data nhi chal rha hai. Tum 4G ki baat kar rahe ho. 

• Like 1

This is NOT upgrade, but degrade. Feeling sorry.

This is nothing but old product in new box.

We have got rcom gsm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cookie said:

This is NOT upgrade, but degrade. Feeling sorry.

This is nothing but old product in new box.

We have got rcom gsm.

Yes,  soon I'll be porting out. 

"Upgrade" 3G/2G without data :)

This took them 10 days? Simply issuing a GSM sim would ve been easier

"RCOM launches LTE without data" .... nice.

Edited by NanduNaada
  • Like 1

In Mumbai: 3g is working fine but there seems to be very fluctuation in the netwoek, voice quality is pathetic/terrible if compared with CDMA

No Data is backend problem or some problem with the new sim or handset settings? 

2 minutes ago, abhi.r said:

No Data is backend problem or some problem with the new sim or handset settings? 

rcomnet is default access point insert manually check and share pic

cdma network is still working in delhi. Rcom has always been saying wait for cdma services to completely shut down  and then only insert GSM sim.. So its obvious that bandwidth is being divided among both cdma and gsm. so we shd all wait for a day and so and see how GSM comes up once they shut down CDMA completely. 

1 minute ago, nitink said:

cdma network is still working in delhi. Rcom has always been saying wait for cdma services to completely shut down  and then only insert GSM sim.. So its obvious that bandwidth is being divided among both cdma and gsm. so we shd all wait for a day and so and see how GSM comes up once they shut down CDMA completely. 

You mean reliance GSM do not have 2G data or 3G data in Delhi because of CDMA? 

7 minutes ago, abhi.r said:

You mean reliance GSM do not have 2G data or 3G data in Delhi because of CDMA? 

gsm network was always pathetic in reliance. buffer wud be network they add from cdma/fine tuning of existing network.once cdma is shut down thereby additionally  using cdma towers for gsm will make a vast difference. 

we  all  shd see a vast improvement in network once cdma shuts down. 

18 minutes ago, abhi.r said:

At least in Mumbai No data was sim problem......... needed to go to nearest reliance gallery to get the sim scanned in their sim reader. After that data started but its only 3G.

My 3G data is working absolutely fast. I got 1 GB and free talktime after inserting new Sim. Also entire talktime.

Yes its working but those who got 4G Sims they have now been barred from using CDMA.

2 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Yes its working but those who got 4G Sims they have now been barred from using CDMA.

i also have the 4G LTE sim but i am in no hurry to use it. will wait for things to sort out and CDMA to shut down completely. 

Rcom has always said wait for no network in cdma before trying the 4G sim. And people are so impatient they will try half baked things and complaint.  

• Like 1