Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

9 hours ago, commonman said:

The SIM envelop has "Month" mentioned. Can people who have data working out of box indicate the "Month" mentioned please. Whether it is 4/2016 or 5/2016?

Month mentioned as May 2016 (5/2016)

I got my sim after 15 May directly from the local gallery. I was expecting it to come by courier (as told by Reliance guys) but since that didn't happen, I went and got the sim from the gallery itself. Also, I noticed back then that there were a couple people who had got their sim by courier... they too had come to the gallery to exchange their sims because they weren't function. They were given a replacement for free. I too wasn't charged anything from my 4G sim.

Data working for me out of the box but it says H/H+ on the signal icon even though my phone supports all three 4G bands.

Edited by natjay
added details

Any postpaid customers get upgraded in pune?

Migrated from CDMA to GSM.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

My SIM is 4/2016. Data is not working. 

@natjay, which circle you belong to? 

I noticed that the network is patchy in Pune. There is no network at Eon, Kharadi

5 minutes ago, MOBILE FAN said:

My SIM is 4/2016. Data is not working. 

@natjay, which circle you belong to? 

Mumbai circle

Well, strangely i get 3G network in my house but No 2G network, since the 3G network shows only 1 bar, and on switching over to 2G, the network goes Zero. The 3G data speed also is just 0.06 mbps, icannot open a single page on google. Surprisingly the Reliance GSM antenna is just 100 metres in front of my house.with no obstruction in between. Can anybody advise how to solve the problem?

My sim is a 4/2016. Postpaid.

Edited by drabhayshah76

1 hour ago, natjay said:

Month mentioned as May 2016 (5/2016)

I got my sim after 15 May directly from the local gallery. I was expecting it to come by courier (as told by Reliance guys) but since that didn't happen, I went and got the sim from the gallery itself. Also, I noticed back then that there were a couple people who had got their sim by courier... they too had come to the gallery to exchange their sims because they weren't function. They were given a replacement for free. I too wasn't charged anything from my 4G sim.

Data working for me out of the box but it says H/H+ on the signal icon even though my phone supports all three 4G bands.

In my case its 4/2016 and data is not working. So is the problem specific to 4/2016 SIMs. Others please respond.

1 hour ago, MOBILE FAN said:

I noticed that the network is patchy in Pune. There is no network at Eon, Kharadi

I am at EON too. CDMA network is full. Calls and SMS are also working absolutely fine :)

So, I borrowed a colleague's Samsung Guru and inserted by CDMA SIM. There was full network, whereas on other phones there was not network since last week.

I am not sure how/ why that would happen. Seems something special is there on the Samsung phone.

Anyway, so, I sent the SMS for upgrade to 1299 and got a message back saying I need to first "recharge with 4G upgrade recharge to initiate the process".

So, I did a recharge via Mobikwik for Re. 1 and I immediately got another SMS "Congratulations LTEMIG1 has been successfully activated on your phone"

The CDMA network is still full and I can still make calls from that Samsung handset. 

I am wondering if I will get another SMS which will prompt me to switch on my second handset which has got the 4G SIM inside.

Now upgrade through rcom site...

Screenshot_20160531-112031.png

Registration failing for sim i received for my meid registered handset.

Any suggestions please?

27 minutes ago, vakharia said:

I am at EON too. CDMA network is full. Calls and SMS are also working absolutely fine :)

So, I borrowed a colleague's Samsung Guru and inserted by CDMA SIM. There was full network, whereas on other phones there was not network since last week.

I am not sure how/ why that would happen. Seems something special is there on the Samsung phone.

Anyway, so, I sent the SMS for upgrade to 1299 and got a message back saying I need to first "recharge with 4G upgrade recharge to initiate the process".

So, I did a recharge via Mobikwik for Re. 1 and I immediately got another SMS "Congratulations LTEMIG1 has been successfully activated on your phone"

The CDMA network is still full and I can still make calls from that Samsung handset. 

I am wondering if I will get another SMS which will prompt me to switch on my second handset which has got the 4G SIM inside.

I was talking about the 4G network.

CDMA SIMs are still showing network but as per the current understanding today is the last day. My LG feature phone was also showing the network but since yesterday I got 4G network. Surprisingly same number is showing network on two different phones - one on LG CDMA and the other on Redmi Note 3 4G !

However, right now at EON there is no network on 4G SIM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, commonman said:

In my case its 4/2016 and data is not working. So is the problem specific to 4/2016 SIMs. Others please respond.

Delhi circle and mine also shows 4/2016, but no data issues.

Started working out of the box soon as I inserted the sim.

Delhi circle and mine also shows 4/2016, but no data issues.

Started working out of the box soon as I inserted the sim.

Which handset?

Reliance customer service never ceases amaze me. 

Went to Reliance store in Delhi. Actually went to 3 of them. They all say that SIM patch will take time because they have the card reader but the don't have patching software. A guy will come with a pen drive and install the patching software in their computers. Then only they can start patching the SIM. Asked me to wait 1 more day. Lol

cant make or receive calls from my cdma handset as cell comes switched off. service state shows as in service.  

but the FWP is working fine. can make and receive calls from same location.

strange ways of Rcom

1 minute ago, ni0987 said:

Which handset?

An old sony ericsson xperia (3G only) handset.

called CC and they told me to insert GSM sim.

Tried GSM sim and its working fine in central delhi

by default it connected to 2G/GPRS and i manually searched for networks and connected it to 3G. Now showing network as HSPA 

does not show Reliance 4G network yet. 

Edited by nitink

49 minutes ago, abhi.r said:

Reliance customer service never ceases amaze me. 

Went to Reliance store in Delhi. Actually went to 3 of them. They all say that SIM patch will take time because they have the card reader but the don't have patching software. A guy will come with a pen drive and install the patching software in their computers. Then only they can start patching the SIM. Asked me to wait 1 more day. Lol

Which ones did u try...i am going out to get the same done...lets see if they have it...i will be suprised if they have it.

Got my sim patched. Data started working but 3G only. 

Network keep swinging between H and H+

Edited by abhi.r

2 minutes ago, abhi.r said:

Got my sim patched. Data started working but 3G only. 

Network keep swinging between H and H+

Can you give me the address of this shop?

for those whom data not working yes mfg april 2016 cards have issues my observtion is data not working in dual sim phones on these card where as in single sim phones working good i had early batch card data worked fine in my mi 3 which is single sim where as in htc 826 data was not working 

now about patch thing yes there is patch and scanner but it depends on ur luck how advanced is ur area gallery guy is here in my area he was moron he said whats that scanner and patch heard first time

now solution without patch so i repetadly told him issue is in sim and he was telling me that its internet settings to do with and will start in someday so after my presure we made one solution he did sim lost request on my number and gave me new mfg may 2016 card they asked for address and b day and last rc and balance for lost sim rqst and told new sim will active in 2 to 3 hours but it was fast started working in 15 mins and boom data working in every phone

so conclusion mfg date april cards have issues connecting in data in dual sim phones and if they have no scanner and patch try sim lost thing by pressuring him or just intentionally destroy your sim and tell him to change hope this will help and make sure new sim they give is may 2016 mfg date 

i am from gujarat circle and here its only 2g 

My Local reliance shop says the same thing....morons did not know what i was talking about...they dint have the software

data working as HSPA /HSPA+

2 minutes ago, nitink said:

data working as HSPA /HSPA+

Those have data working, can you please also mention if your sim manufacturing month is 05/16 or not.