Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Yes, my 4g dongle is working yeppii.

Speed Getting 23mbps download and 12 mbps upload. But network have glitches. It will sort out soon

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one whose 4G sim is still not able to latch on the network?

Sim is from April 2016 and inside the Sim toolkit app, I just see the word 'Roaming'. Wondering if that is relevant to the problem.

Speed Getting 23mbps download and 12 mbps upload. But network have glitches. It will sort out soon

Location / which circle?

Location / which circle?

Nagpur/maharashtra

cdma still working.. 😱 its 01.06.2016 today

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, big_wolf said:

Please add a speedtest result

guys my Reliance 4G sim was working for last 2 days, though only incoming was working, no outgoing. 

From today morning there is no network - manually tried to register on Reliance 2G/3G did not go successful and there is nothing called Reliance 4G. Though Jio/Airtel/Vodafone 4G signals are live at indoor. Location : Barasat West Bengal. 

Some observations from my lucknow trip on 30-31 may. 

In delhi evdo is closed, i was only on 1x.

Entering UP west no network at all, i thought my 4G sim is activated but later entering in UP east circle network back with EVDO full speed of 1 Mbps.

Now back to delhi, cdma is still working with 1x even after the deadline of 31 may. 

Sim is from April 2016 and inside the Sim toolkit app, I just see the word 'Roaming'. Wondering if that is relevant to the problem.

You need to fix both things get you sim software upgraded and also in sim toolkit in roaming select national and then reboot.

This problem is having in dual sim phones not in single sim phones.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Even my FWP is working fine. Central Delhi.

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, vakharia said:

Check service status in Myservices. Migrated connections show LTE4G_POSTPAID/ LTE4G_PREPAID. Non-migrated ones show Mobile-Postpaid/Mobile-Prepaid. I am facing the issue as they have not yet migrated my connection.

Edited by commonman
  • Like 1

Delhi circle guys :

What's the maximum speed you all are getting ?

55 minutes ago, nitink said:

I have postpaid no from Delhi on roaming in Kolkata. They are yet to migrate me. I registered for migration on 30th. May be they have not been able to migrate all those who registered to GSM. That's why they are still keeping CDMA network on. Unfortunately, in Kolkata there is no network. So can not access CDMA.

My service is down........."selected network reliance is unavailable".

Anyone else from Delhi facing the same problem ?

9 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Anyone else from Delhi facing the same problem ?

manually search for networks and select  reliance 3g

15 minutes ago, zanaka said:

My service is down........."selected network reliance is unavailable".

Are you registered in Myservices? Log in to check your service status in "product summary" of main page. whether it is Mobile - ............ or LTE4G_..............

16 hours ago, javed91214 said:

Updated News :  

here is some update for New 4G sim card.

Lot1 4G sim card will not support DATA.

Also most of Imported phone's will not work with Lot1 sim card. No signal, no data.

How to identify lot1 and New 4g sim card

Lot1 SIM No. 89911300 0xxxxxxxxxx  (after 300   0, 1,2 ,3 4 &5 )

New lot 4G sim card No. 89911300 6xxxxxxxxxx

pl reffed pics for details

20160531_154234.jpg

Surprisingly, my SIM number starts from 899106..........BTW, I am a postpaid user of Pro 3 WIFI data connection.............

17 minutes ago, nitink said:

manually search for networks and select  reliance 3g

Tried that, still shows the same thing....."Unable to connect to this network at this time, please try again later"

21 minutes ago, commonman said:

Are you registered in Myservices? Log in to check your service status in "product summary" of main page. whether it is Mobile - ............ or LTE4G_..............

Not registered there and I would require this "unable to connect" Reliance mobile number I think.

17 hours ago, javed91214 said:

Updated News :  

here is some update for New 4G sim card.

Lot1 4G sim card will not support DATA.

Also most of Imported phone's will not work with Lot1 sim card. No signal, no data.

How to identify lot1 and New 4g sim card

Lot1 SIM No. 89911300 0xxxxxxxxxx  (after 300   0, 1,2 ,3 4 &5 )

New lot 4G sim card No. 89911300 6xxxxxxxxxx

pl reffed pics for details

20160531_154234.jpg

Well, I've 7 CDMA connections all under CUG plan, and all have the old lot. Everything works perfectly in Delhi Circle.

Also SIM cards work on Moto E 2nd edition LTE xt1526 (Boost) after selecting Global mode. Works even on Stock 5.1 Boost and CM13 nightlies and at least catches EDGE since Band 1 (2300) is not active. There are instructions on XDA on how to enable other UMTS/WCDMA bands. For people having xt1526, phone shouldn't be considered as paperweight.

Hence, it must be your own hypothesis.

I have postpaid upgraded to 4g now showing current status IND JIO 4G but not able to connect..  It says try after sometimes.. 

Screenshot_2016-06-01-12-56-10.png

2 hours ago, demail2006 said:

You need to fix both things get you sim software upgraded and also in sim toolkit in roaming select national and then reboot.

This problem is having in dual sim phones not in single sim phones.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, commonman said:

Check service status in Myservices. Migrated connections show LTE4G_POSTPAID/ LTE4G_PREPAID. Non-migrated ones show Mobile-Postpaid/Mobile-Prepaid. I am facing the issue as they have not yet migrated my connection.

Just came back from Viman Nagar store after spending almost an hour there. Lot of agitated customers there. 

I realized that the aged people have a unique challenge - they do not know how to transfer the phone numbers from CDMA handset to their new handset. One lady came in screaming after visiting three shops where they refused to help her out.

I was able to transfer her 140+ contacts via Bluetooth.

Please try to help your neighbors and parents who are not as informed as we are on the forum.

Coming back to my case, only once the SIM Toolkit showed me options for National and International Roaming.

National Roaming was selected (There was a message: It was already ON)

Rebooted - still unable to latch on the network.

Then the store owner took the SIM and put it to a SIM reader connected to his computer and gave back in 5 seconds.

Tried the process again - still no luck

Then the store owner's son played around the SIM toolkit - the options no longer came. He tried putting the SIM in his Mi phone and the options came there, but the network did not come even after rebooting.

I was told that perphaps it is due to my CDMA number being active at the moment. Well that was a possibility, I thought. So, I left the store.

Now, I reached office and checked the online portal

Customer Number Status : Not Active

So, turns out CDMA number is out of service.

So the only hope now is some 'software upgrade' of SIM. There is some Reliance person who was expected to come at 12 PM, but he did not turn up until 12:15. So, I would have to try and catch him some other day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vakharia said:

Just came back from Viman Nagar store after spending almost an hour there. Lot of agitated customers there. 

I realized that the aged people have a unique challenge - they do not know how to transfer the phone numbers from CDMA handset to their new handset. One lady came in screaming after visiting three shops where they refused to help her out.

I was able to transfer her 140+ contacts via Bluetooth.

Please try to help your neighbors and parents who are not as informed as we are on the forum.

Coming back to my case, only once the SIM Toolkit showed me options for National and International Roaming.

National Roaming was selected (There was a message: It was already ON)

Rebooted - still unable to latch on the network.

Then the store owner took the SIM and put it to a SIM reader connected to his computer and gave back in 5 seconds.

Tried the process again - still no luck

Then the store owner's son played around the SIM toolkit - the options no longer came. He tried putting the SIM in his Mi phone and the options came there, but the network did not come even after rebooting.

I was told that perphaps it is due to my CDMA number being active at the moment. Well that was a possibility, I thought. So, I left the store.

Now, I reached office and checked the online portal

Customer Number Status : Not Active

So, turns out CDMA number is out of service.

So the only hope now is some 'software upgrade' of SIM. There is some Reliance person who was expected to come at 12 PM, but he did not turn up until 12:15. So, I would have to try and catch him some other day.

:( I hope it works soon for you..Yesterdy i was in web world. as you said, old people are really annoyed and frustrated. They dont need 4g or anything. Many dont even use internet, i see they have old handset. but at same time these webworld guys aren't really helping.

I was their cause data isnt working after migration, he said he have reader but it doesnt work on windows 7, it works on xp. it doesnt take driver. i said let me help out, i can install driver, it just need manual installation. he is like, no our IT guy will come and do it, and i also have many friends who can do it, i am like i am just trying to help you, and it will just speed up process and help people. but i didn't get positive acknowledgement. idk when his IT guy will come and do it..

And my service has come back now. Didn't do anything. 

It was offline for a few hours and now back on.

Proves all is not well with Reliance 4G.