Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

3 hours ago, zanaka said:

Delhi circle guys :

What's the maximum speed you all are getting ?

Sorry for late reply....my speed varies....2-5 mBps based on location. AT home i am getting at mean of 2 mBps.

One more observation....for 10 minutes my speed was 40+ mBps....maybe it latched on to the 4g network momentarily.

3 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

Sorry for late reply....my speed varies....2-5 mBps based on location. AT home i am getting at mean of 2 mBps.

Yeah. Mine is almost the same, will average it out to...2.5 to 3.

Speed test varies from 2.5 to 5.5 ( which was measured just once ).

1 hour ago, sunilromy said:

:( I hope it works soon for you..Yesterdy i was in web world. as you said, old people are really annoyed and frustrated. They dont need 4g or anything. Many dont even use internet, i see they have old handset. but at same time these webworld guys aren't really helping.

I was their cause data isnt working after migration, he said he have reader but it doesnt work on windows 7, it works on xp. it doesnt take driver. i said let me help out, i can install driver, it just need manual installation. he is like, no our IT guy will come and do it, and i also have many friends who can do it, i am like i am just trying to help you, and it will just speed up process and help people. but i didn't get positive acknowledgement. idk when his IT guy will come and do it..

Similar experience here... went to nearest web world shop...saw the guy struggling with sim reader...he did not know in which direction to insert the sim. (Personal observation: the sim patching devices which reliance is handing over to them are...well buggy, they seem like sawed off version of sim reader)

Anyways...i offered to help but this guy was too proud i guess....my 10+ years of telecom and hardware/software patching seemed irrelevant. :)

The next shop flatly refused. Finally, the one at Pitam pura (like 5 kms from my house) was much more accommodating....i helped him patch the imported handsets (APN, *#*#4636*#*# network selection etc) Spent like an hour after my sim was patched helping other customers...the shop was empty when i was allowed to leave.:)

• Like 4

One more observation....for 10 minutes my speed was 40+ mBps....maybe it latched on to the 4g network momentarily.

Are you getting 4G?

Just now, Cookie said:

Are you getting 4G?

Not right now.

9 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

Similar experience here... went to nearest web world shop...saw the guy struggling with sim reader...he did not know in which direction to insert the sim. (Personal observation: the sim patching devices which reliance is handing over to them are...well buggy, they seem like sawed off version of sim reader)

Anyways...i offered to help but this guy was too proud i guess....my 10+ years of telecom and hardware/software patching seemed irrelevant. :)

The next shop flatly refused. Finally, the one at Pitam pura (like 5 kms from my house) was much more accommodating....i helped him patch the imported handsets (APN, *#*#4636*#*# network selection etc) Spent like an hour after my sim was patched helping other customers...the shop was empty when i was allowed to leave.:)

I am interested to know more about this 'patch'. Can we not do this at home? Is there some app which could allow us to make changes - provided we know what those changes are?

The point is - do you require it ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookie said:

I never got 4G network. :(

I am not even sure if it was 4g or some anomaly .... i was working with wifi tethering with phone put on charging....and for my linux live distro of 1 gb was downloaded when i came back after making tea....

1000 mB ... 10 mins.... 100 mB per minute .... it could have been only possible due to lte..

Anyways...i checked...and i was back on 3g with ~2 mBps.

4 minutes ago, vakharia said:

I am interested to know more about this 'patch'. Can we not do this at home? Is there some app which could allow us to make changes - provided we know what those changes are?

I required it.... coz there was no data connection. QPST (Qualcomm diagnostic software) showed that it was unable to start pdp context ( My interpretation : the cipher and allowed cypto methods between network and sim dint match.)...i dint get into much detail as it was reported here that after sim patch data would start working.

And it was true...after the patch, i was getting 3G data...there were many who are suffering with the same....as evident by rush on shops.

No, it cant be done at home...you need to have a SIM reader/writer, and you need to have the cypto keys which allow you to have memory access on SIM.

5 minutes ago, zanaka said:

If you are asking me then I think I need this magic 'patch'.

I am still without network (GSM) and my CDMA number is marked inactive in Reliance Portal. So, I am in no-man's-land. 

17 minutes ago, zanaka said:

If your data is not working...then you require it...else your sim already has this patch. This pertains only to activated 4g sims with voise/SMS working.

Edited by NanduNaada

Now in the portal I have a new status.

Customer Number Status: Idle

Details Description Expiry Date
Main Balance 0.00(Rs.) 01-01-0001

Just now, vakharia said:

Now in the portal I have a new status.

Customer Number Status: Idle

Details Description Expiry Date
Main Balance 0.00(Rs.) 01-01-0001

Your sim is expired now :)

Anyone from Kolkata has got the patch done?

12 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

Your sim is expired now :)

Well, so will my 4G SIM card work or not? :)

I have sent SMS to 1299 and also used the online system to register for an upgrade on 31 May.

2 minutes ago, vakharia said:

Well, so will my 4G SIM card work or not? :)

I have sent SMS to 1299 and also used the online system to register for an upgrade on 31 May.

IT should work after you spend some 1/2 hour in an agry phone call with customer care...you and i both know how reliance works..."der hai, andher bhi hai, but chalta bhi hai"

Edited by NanduNaada
  • Like 1

My two 4G sims were dated 4/2016 and data was not working. Today I went to reliance store (New CG road, Ahmedabad) and instead of patching the sim, they gave two new sims dated 5/2016. Now data is working fine but only 2G. There is no reliance 3G here. 4G yet not started.

Its my birthday today and i am left without network with no alternate number😢

Reliance CDMA ruined my birthday

@kolhapur, maharastra & goa circle

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

bukshet_mayur, sad that u r left with no network. Anyway, many more happy returns of the day:D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bukshet_mayur said:

Its my birthday today and i am left without network with no alternate number😢

Reliance CDMA ruined my birthday

@kolhapur, maharastra & goa circle

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday !!!

• Like 1

went to airtel to get my mtnl number ported, he refused saying their is a technical issue and they r not allowed to port in any number of any operator. told me to come next week

something seems fishy for sure. he said they r not porting from reliance etc and i shouted saying i want to port in from MTNL. he said sorry and asked me to come next week. 

New Update ::

Old 4g sim lot also working now , need to update SIM card from any webworld. they have a SIM card update system. 

After sim update , existing sim will work normally , no need to change new sim card.

Thanks