Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

9 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

AT my nearest store, they needed ID proof to replace SIMs..thats why i opted for patching.

Sim swap not required,  they have a system for sim update. 

18 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

You might need to search and choose reliance 3g manually.

My circle is Uttar Pradesh(E) where Reliance renders 3G services with arrangement with Aircel. So when I set networks with 'UMTS only' , it is connected to Aircel H+. but when I try to connect to internet, it shows 'no service'. :(

46 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

I was not getting any data at all. You might need to search and choose reliance 3g manually.

You dont need the sim patch.

Is your SIM manufactured in 04/16 or 05/16?

9 minutes ago, nuhearts said:

Is your SIM manufactured in 04/16 or 05/16?

4/16

From 2 hours i don't have network on my 4g dongle. I talked to CC she said it have some technical glitches and will sort out within 6 hours. As priority on corporate connection they activated 4g dongle before individual connection. Then i asked as my colleague didn't get activation for 4g dongle yet. then she said 4g services will start activation from 4 june for maharashtra circle as the date is given from upper authority. His CDMA is still working and latched to 1x network.

So here is a news for maharashtra circle that 4g services will start from 4/june for individuals.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

My GSM SIM got activated today.

I made two test calls to that number - when I dial from my Idea phone, I can here some beeps along with the ringing. Once the call is established, this beep disappears.

I live in an area where indoor coverage is bad for all service providers and RCOM GSM is no different. The voice quality was good once the phone was moved to the balcony, where all the signals come quite nicely.

Indoors, the voice breaks so badly that you cannot have a conversation at all. So, this is not better nor worse than Vodafone for me.

Now, I am waiting for the 850 Mhz LTE network. Store fellow tells me that it will be launched on 15 June. Speculation?

Took by 04/16 Kolkata SIM to the Webstore at Ahutosh Chaudhury Avenue. There were at least 30 people, mostly with basic handsets in queue. Told at one counter that data is not working. He first tried to go through so settings but then asked another person to upload "patch". That person again wasted some 5 minutes going through settings before handing over to a third person who finally uploaded the patch and data started the minute I put the SIM in.

But Delhi 4G SIM still not activated. No CDMA network in Kolkata also. All bank OTP are linked to that SIM

Edited by commonman

Question: I bought a Huawei EC306 last year and I was using a prepaid reliance CDMA sim with it as a backup internet option in Delhi. So with this migration has my dongle become worthless or is there any other option? Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, zep said:

Question: I bought a Huawei EC306 last year and I was using a prepaid reliance CDMA sim with it as a backup internet option in Delhi. So with this migration has my dongle become worthless or is there any other option? Thanks :) 

Delhi still has MTS. If you can get a MTS smart SIM, the same dongle will work. It would also work with TATA Docomo CDMA.

• Like 1

My data started working.

04/16 SIM - no firmware upgrade done.

OK, so I put my new 4G sim in a 4G handset....Lenovo A6000 plus. The service worked but data didn't. ( tried everything, from manual selections to various configurations....nothing )

Service and data are working fine in all 3G handsets.

• Like 1

Just now, zanaka said:

OK, so I put my new 4G sim in a 4G handset....Lenovo A6000 plus. The service worked but data didn't. ( tried everything, from manual selections to various configurations....nothing )

Service and data are working fine in all 3G handsets.

Did you tried adding the APN manually?

reliance GSM sim started now bad network coverage bad signal straight verybad voice ... Reliance is Loosing Premium Customers

Strange. Data working (3G) in iPhone 3GS. Not working in Zenfone 4 or Lenovo vibe p1m. Zenfone 4 is non 4g phone, still not working.  04/16 sim Kolkata. 

55 minutes ago, nuhearts said:

Strange. Data working (3G) in iPhone 3GS. Not working in Zenfone 4 or Lenovo vibe p1m. Zenfone 4 is non 4g phone, still not working.  04/16 sim Kolkata. 

May need to get your SIM updated. The webstore at Ashutosh Choudhury Avenue near Quest Mall will do it.

But Delhi 4G SIM still not activated from the back end. Myservices still showing status as "Mobile - Postpaid" only and not "LTE4G". No CDMA network in Kolkata also. All bank OTP are linked to that SIM. Totally off for 3 days. Seriously thinking of going to consumer court.

got this sms yesterday on my postpaid number  - 

Dear Customer Enjoy Free 900 L+N mins 399 L+N SMS Local calls@Rs 0.2/min STD calls@ Rs.0.6/m on your existing plan @399 Rs RCOM

14 minutes ago, nitink said:

got this sms yesterday on my postpaid number  - 

Dear Customer Enjoy Free 900 L+N mins 399 L+N SMS Local calls@Rs 0.2/min STD calls@ Rs.0.6/m on your existing plan @399 Rs RCOM

Is it same as earlier CDMA plan or different?

Just now, commonman said:

Is it same as earlier CDMA plan or different?

i was on DAPO.

Hello, 

I am from UP east circle and having 1300 postpaid plan and currently roaming in Haryana. My other colleagues prepaid cdma no have migrated successfully but not mine, is this happening bcoz of me, in roaming? Have any postpaid user in UP East Circle migrated successfully?

report from nagpur/maharashtra.

MY 4g wipod is showing red(no signal) (it was activated on 1/6/15 then no signal on 2/6/15 :ph34r:) and after my complain reliance started my cdma network and it can latched to pro 3/hybrid network.

wtf they want to do now :unexp: 

Screenshot 2016-06-03 11.46.29.png

23 minutes ago, nitink said:

i was on DAPO.

So DAPO is getting cancelled. Any specific reason for being on DAPO. There were other plans in CDMA in last few years which were much better.

13 hours ago, contactwajeeh said:

Did you tried adding the APN manually?

Hmm didn't try that. Seems like a good idea to try out.