Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

1 hour ago, commonman said:

So DAPO is getting cancelled. Any specific reason for being on DAPO. There were other plans in CDMA in last few years which were much better.

never bothered to change as bill was always within manageable limits :)

3 hours ago, nuhearts said:

Strange. Data working (3G) in iPhone 3GS. Not working in Zenfone 4 or Lenovo vibe p1m. Zenfone 4 is non 4g phone, still not working.  04/16 sim Kolkata. 

Network mode should be 'auto'. if it is already set, search network manually in GSM or UMTS. LTE is not available at the moment.

By the way how is Lenovo P1m? Are you satisfied with it?

Anybody anywhere in Delhi got 4G working ? As I have 3 connections with 4g but 4g never works its only 3g in very old micromax A54 but when I insert the same sim in Oneplus I don't even get 3g and 4g network never comes

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, vakharia said:

My data started working.

04/16 SIM - no firmware upgrade done.

I still dont have data.

Visited Salunke Vihar store in Pune. They didnt have software patch (As per CC they have). When I asked to replace my SIM with 05/16 SIM he asked from ID, address proofs and photo. I didnt have yesterday. My wife visited today with all of them. This time they informed that they didnt have 05/16 cards at all and replaced the 04/16 SIM with 04/16 SIM only :)

Not sure what to do now. Hadapsar is the only nearest option but that means another 1.5 hrs :(

55 minutes ago, MOBILE FAN said:

I still dont have data.

Visited Salunke Vihar store in Pune. They didnt have software patch (As per CC they have). When I asked to replace my SIM with 05/16 SIM he asked from ID, address proofs and photo. I didnt have yesterday. My wife visited today with all of them. This time they informed that they didnt have 05/16 cards at all and replaced the 04/16 SIM with 04/16 SIM only :)

Not sure what to do now. Hadapsar is the only nearest option but that means another 1.5 hrs :(

From which CC did you confirm that (I mean which no did you call them as 198 or *333 CC have no idea about it), I need to ask for the same in Kolkata, @commonman did mention one place in Kolkata but that's too far for me.

Edited by nuhearts

30 minutes ago, nuhearts said:

From which CC did you confirm that (I mean which no did you call them as 198 or *333 CC have no idea about it), I need to ask for the same in Kolkata, @commonman did mention one place in Kolkata but that's too far for me.

My first sim was from Barrackpore store, but it was replaced at Shyampukur branch to get GSM signal.

Hadapsar Gadital and Viman nagar store has software patch capability. From Reliance store near Vaibhav Theater Hadapsar you can get new May 16 sim card swapped at cost of regular sim swap charges.

Can u share me the contact details of hadapsar n viman nagar 

Sorry but I do not have direct contact details but I am sure  you will find it as they are on Justial if you make a search in google.

4G upgrade notification SMS arrived in Rajasthan circle today.

9 hours ago, mangalkabra said:

Now Reliance sending 4G up gradation SMS in Rajasthan also. I received this message on my two Reliance Pre-paid numbers last night.

This is not 4g its 2g upgrade.... So just be ready for other option... 

9 hours ago, zanaka said:

Hmm didn't try that. Seems like a good idea to try out.

Nope, manually setting APN didn't help as well. Could be a hand set problem specific to Lenovo A6000 plus. Will try my 4G sim on another 4G handset.

Viman Nagar store does not have a person to apply the patch. They rely on some 'engineer' who comes there for few hours if required. That is what the shop owner told new two days ago. 

But why are you guys worried so much about 2G data?. The speed is extremely slow in Pune. 

Let us wait for another 15 days for 4G (as per Viman Nagar store owner).

Edited by vakharia

Post migration, my data speed varies a lot between 0.8 Mbps and 1.2 Mbps. There was a rare moment when I saw 2.5 Mbps (that was 2 days ago) but most of the time, I get around 1 Mbps speed.

Signal strength is on the border between -91 dBm and -89 dBm

It's definitely 3G and below and the logo on the network icon varies between H and H+

(Mumbai circle)

• Like 1

My first sim (of 4/16 lot) was activated on 31st without data services. But after 24 hours 2g data service started.

My second sim (of 5/16 lot) started 2nd June without data services. Again, I was able to use 2g data after about 24 hours.

In both cases, I received push gprs setting.
In both cases, no 2g/3g/4g data balance is showing still 2g data is working.

To check data balance, I used *367#.  *367*1#,  *367*2#,  *367*3#, *111# and sent message 'MBAL' to 55333. 

I got the 04/16 SIM patched yesterday at Hadapsar, Pune.

I just stepped in the store and directly asked for patch. The person took my SIM, inserted into a white SIM card reader, it took about 5 seconds and the green LED became steady. He removed the SIM and handed over to me. 

2G data started working the next minute. 

19 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Network mode should be 'auto'. if it is already set, search network manually in GSM or UMTS. LTE is not available at the moment.

By the way how is Lenovo P1m? Are you satisfied with it?

Its now working in Lenovo after following your steps, thanks. Still not working in Zenfone 4. 

Using Lenovo for over a week now, so far all good for the price range.

On 6/1/2016 at 9:33 AM, inception said:

guys my Reliance 4G sim was working for last 2 days, though only incoming was working, no outgoing. 

From today morning there is no network - manually tried to register on Reliance 2G/3G did not go successful and there is nothing called Reliance 4G. Though Jio/Airtel/Vodafone 4G signals are live at indoor. Location : Barasat West Bengal. 

On 6/1/2016 at 11:35 AM, commonman said:

I have postpaid no from Delhi on roaming in Kolkata. They are yet to migrate me. I registered for migration on 30th. May be they have not been able to migrate all those who registered to GSM. That's why they are still keeping CDMA network on. Unfortunately, in Kolkata there is no network. So can not access CDMA.

From where did you guys get your 4G sims ? I've a 10 years old CDMA handset and need to get on 4G as Reliance has shutdown CDMA network. It would be great if you guys can help out like from where to get 4G sim, total cost and documents needed. BTW, I live near Dunlop [ Baranagar Area ].

I may be the only person who think that i am in better position after conversion to 4g.

In cdma, i got speed upto 700 kbps, not more than that. But now, even if it is not 4g, speed is 1.5 -2 mbps.

No significance drop in voice quality and this is very shocking (positively).

Freedom from imported handsets and freedom to use any handset without looking for cdma factor, or hotspot feature.

11 hours ago, natjay said:

Post migration, my data speed varies a lot between 0.8 Mbps and 1.2 Mbps. There was a rare moment when I saw 2.5 Mbps (that was 2 days ago) but most of the time, I get around 1 Mbps speed.

Signal strength is on the border between -91 dBm and -89 dBm

It's definitely 3G and below and the logo on the network icon varies between H and H+

(Mumbai circle)

I am from Mumbai Circle. The 3G data speed at my residence is 0.06 mbps, which is too slow to open a single page, but elsewhere outside it is maximum 1 mbps. I think Reliance has capped the maximum speed to 1 mbps.

Btw for everyone/anyone interested, the JIO 90 days free data scheme sim ( mandatory purchase of LYF smartphone ) is now open to all without any employee referrals.

My 4g sim 4/16 lot got patched today and data started immediately. In mumbai, all Reliance stores does not have sim reader to patch the sim for data. I had to visit navi mumbai store, as Chembur store had no sim reader.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

am sure we wud hv someone in JIO from delhi here

hope he can help me in porting to JIO from MTNL dolphin. I wont be using the phone for voice or anything, just need to get into JIO just for the heck of it. 

On 03/06/2016 at 11:05 AM, commonman said:

But Delhi 4G SIM still not activated from the back end. Myservices still showing status as "Mobile - Postpaid" only and not "LTE4G". No CDMA network in Kolkata also. All bank OTP are linked to that SIM. Totally off for 3 days. Seriously thinking of going to consumer court.

Shot emails to both Nodal officer and Appellate authority yesterday. Don't know if that worked or not but finally GSM migrated SIM stated working from today.

3 minutes ago, commonman said:

Shot emails to both Nodal officer and Appellate authority yesterday. Don't know if that worked or not but finally GSM migrated SIM stated working from today.

Please provide me maid id too...me also facing same issue in Haryana for UP East postpaid connection...