Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

11 minutes ago, Saiesh said:

R u able to latch to aircrl network as RGSM customers r able but RCDMA customer migrated to 4g r not able to latvh to aircel network

When I search for 3g network, it is get connected to Aircel H+. But when I try to connect to internet, it shows "no service".

12 hours ago, NanduNaada said:

Again...when LTE is not live....why would LTE bands matter?

Good point.

However I wasn't talking ONLY about the LTE bands...data doesn't work on that phone with that sim, any data 2G/3G... period.

Like I said, lemme get the sim "patched" and will update then.

4 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Good point.

However I wasn't talking ONLY about the LTE bands...data doesn't work on that phone with that sim, any data 2G/3G... period.

Would advise you to change your SIM instead of just patching. Old SIMs have difficulty re-connecting to network at times (even after the patch).

Edited by morecrap

11 hours ago, BihariSarpanch said:

I bought a LYF Phone for around 5k, and trust me its not worth it, if you talk about just phone. Its **** like the one I bought a few months back of LAVA of around 6k and sold it for 4k in 5 days. But if you see the services...they are charging you for services and giving you a **** phone for free. assume that! I have stopped using my broadband, could have stopped calling as well were it not for MNP not being transferred and RCOM plan being of 1299 with 50% discount, where everything is unlimited. 

I get speed of around 50Mbps, and least around 5. Average is above 25mbps in Delhi. I pay 999/- for 1 mbps plan which is erratic for 50% times. So this is a good worth, if you see that ways...and most importantly I travel a lot. A LOT. And I got 60Mbps in Patna Junction area, and on average around 20 Mbps in entire Patna. In Chennai, it averaged around 10. In Chandigarh I got 20. So that's it! 

Thanks for the review dude.

Personally, that's the only reason I haven't bought the JIO sim, even though I was interested in the 90 days offer.

However I still assumed, that it would offer all the basic stuff.

But then since you've compared it with Lava......I might not buy the sim for now, even though the speed being offered is nice.

5 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Good point.

Do you get push gprs setting when you insert sim?

3 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

I get it for the 2G/3G handsets.

For the 4G phones ( I have tested 4 ), excepting Lenovo, data started working on all 3 as soon as I switched on the phone.

11 hours ago, BihariSarpanch said:

I bought a LYF Phone for around 5k, and trust me its not worth it, if you talk about just phone. Its **** like the one I bought a few months back of LAVA of around 6k and sold it for 4k in 5 days. But if you see the services...they are charging you for services and giving you a **** phone for free. assume that! I have stopped using my broadband, could have stopped calling as well were it not for MNP not being transferred and RCOM plan being of 1299 with 50% discount, where everything is unlimited. 

I get speed of around 50Mbps, and least around 5. Average is above 25mbps in Delhi. I pay 999/- for 1 mbps plan which is erratic for 50% times. So this is a good worth, if you see that ways...and most importantly I travel a lot. A LOT. And I got 60Mbps in Patna Junction area, and on average around 20 Mbps in entire Patna. In Chennai, it averaged around 10. In Chandigarh I got 20. So that's it! 

I agree....5k for 3 months...1.7 k a month for unlimited and uncapped internet....it still beats MTNL/AIRTEL and many other ISPs out there.

15 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Forgot to add, Airtel 4G sim works perfectly with that device.

16 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Forgot to add, Airtel 4G sim works perfectly with that device.

Now, I think, it is time to test it in data cards. Because when I inserted my sim in data card, there was no network at all. But after few hours, it got connected to EDGE.

What are the current LYF plans? How long we get to use free data if we buy a new phone? If it is for 3 months then spending 5k is a deal breaker for me. 

Wind 4 is good at 6799 and can be used for hotspot - unlimited voice, sms, data and apps (live tv, vod, music, magazines, etc)

Guys any news when r v going to get 4g after migration

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, digitalnirvana said:

Wind 4 is good at 6799 and can be used for hotspot - unlimited voice, sms, data and apps (live tv, vod, music, magazines, etc)

Yes I second that. After using it for 1 week, I can say that it's "usable" phone. Initially I had battery drain problem after 2 updates but factory reset solved the issue. Now I can watch one movie on jio play at 12% battery drain.

Today my cdma number finally  change into Rgsm at upe

in manual search I am able to see Rcom 4g and a new network ind 404999 3g but unable to connect to both networks can anybody say which operator is ind404999 3g ??89fc8439993656b6894b6bee7e4bd9e5.jpg

8f99125f3051af9e9798232bd28c2fd3.jpg

7 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

in manual search I am able to see Rcom 4g and a new network ind 404999 3g but unable to connect to both networks can anybody say which operator is ind404999 3g ??89fc8439993656b6894b6bee7e4bd9e5.jpg

Which circle 

Wven i can see these two new networks in Mumbai circle. Reliance 4g is on 850 mhz.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Data in my reliance 4g sim working in 3g/2g phone but not in 4g phone please any one help me...!!!

8 hours ago, zanaka said:

I get it for the 2G/3G handsets.

For the 4G phones ( I have tested 4 ), excepting Lenovo, data started working on all 3 as soon as I switched on the phone.

Same problem with Sony Xperia Z5 Dual

29 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

Read this article

It is Indian airforce personal network

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-10-25/news/43395567_1_iaf-officials-iaf-today-air-warriors

52 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

in manual search I am able to see Rcom 4g and a new network ind 404999 3g but unable to connect to both networks can anybody say which operator is ind404999 3g ??

Unnamed networks belong to army & indian railways (railtel).

Guys 2moro I am traveling to Delhi from Hyderabad, can you please tell me Delhi has 3g network there ? Hyderabad currently in darkness with 2g speeds.....

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

yes. in mumbai atleast rcomm 4g network is live, but not able to register yet. 

only lte network search :- 

2016-06-05.png

23 hours ago, BihariSarpanch said:

I have been using Reliance after porting it from TATA Indicom where I was a postpaid customer for 10 years. Reason being, they stopped their services in almost entire Bihar, entire J&K. And I roam a lot, travel a lot. And I needed a good connection worth TATA Indicom. Except for when they closed, Indicom was a thousand x better than RIM. If my cust care call had to wait for more than 1 minutes, I received a call back. If I complained about anything, and SLA used to be 24/72/36 hours and if it weren't resolved used to get discount in bills without asking. I used port out request, randomly, for the heck of it...and I got 200x6months discount on billing. I was a GOLD customer for them, don't know what that means, but had Credit limit of 14000. And my bill never went above 1k. 

My plan was of Rs. 399/- worth Rs. 300 free calling. 30p local, 50p std. TATA to TATA free. Incoming free. O/G used to be T-T free, otherwise 30/50p. SMS free. 

I really have deep respect and love for CDMA operators they forced the market to change. From a talktime of Rs. 90/- in Rs. 330 recharge per month validity, they had to change because Indicom had launched Rs. 300/- in Rs. 330/- per month with innovative per second billing. First in World. They changed the scenario. Then they launched incoming free way back in 2005-06, which COAI got stopped because of pressure from GSM operators like Airtel, Hutch! 

Before that RIM had launched MOnsoon Dhamaka...and DAPO which had changed the market! My salute to the pioneers of the market! 

I had opted for Airtel once for want of handset, when I realised what I go through.....I chose to make my Indicom no as primary one. It has stayed for so more than a decade now with CDMA. Previouslywith Indicom, since Oct with RCDMA. 

They are dying a death, because Ratan TATA and Mukesh Ambani personally couldn't do anything about it! If RCDMA were with Mukesh Bhai, it would have had been different. Launching a handset in 2002 with live video streaming was nothing more than a dream for Indian customers. Live news channels, everything. He subverted a few policies, but it was good for customers. He changed the market. Later on when it went with Anil, and indicom was given over....things changed for worse!

Fully agree. With one rider, incoming calls were made free in March 2003 by all operators, after the announcement of RCDMA on 28-Dec-2002.  (I had an Airtel Delhi connection from Jan-2000 to Mar-2010)

Edited by commonman

2 hours ago, pinn_vasu said:

Guys 2moro I am traveling to Delhi from Hyderabad, can you please tell me Delhi has 3g network there ? Hyderabad currently in darkness with 2g speeds.....

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Delhi has RGSM 3G. But connection may be unstable at places.

4 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

in manual search I am able to see Rcom 4g and a new network ind 404999 3g but unable to connect to both networks can anybody say which operator is ind404999 3g ??

It’s actually Indian Air Force (IAF)’s own 3G network, named as Air Force Cellular.

This Rs 300 cr WCDMA enabled cellular network was launched in October 2013 with collaboration with HCL and Alcatel Lucent India. IAF has given more than 1 lakh mobile phones to its personnel of the rank of Sergeants and above to connect and provide secure ‘end-point’ connectivity to the air warriors deployed across the country. In the phase I of this project the network was limited to New Delhi NCR, but phase II expanded the network across the country.

Network is also now shared by Army in many locations.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-10-25/news/43395567_1_iaf-officials-iaf-today-air-warriors

Edited by commonman
  • Like 2