Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Delhi has RGSM 3G. But connection may be unstable at places.

Okay thank you for the revert.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

On 6/4/2016 at 5:54 PM, inception said:

Locate any nearest Reliance store.

4G Sim is now available at Rs 26 as I have seen at Shyampukur Store. No documents are required!!

Thanks for the reply. So these sims are without any numbers allotted to them and that's why they don't need any documents to purchase ?

I'm using redmi note 3, my data is not working on roaming on this handset, plz help to enable national data roaming option, if any in secret code.

Note:

International roaming enabled

Manual APN created but doesn't work.

Data is working in other handset.

On 6/5/2016 at 1:48 AM, BihariSarpanch said:

They are dying a death, because Ratan TATA and Mukesh Ambani personally couldn't do anything about it! If RCDMA were with Mukesh Bhai, it would have had been different. Launching a handset in 2002 with live video streaming was nothing more than a dream for Indian customers. Live news channels, everything. He subverted a few policies, but it was good for customers. He changed the market. Later on when it went with Anil, and indicom was given over....things changed for worse!

Great write up. Most truthful (except few dates here & there).

I would give 100% thumbs up for excellent management of CDMA by RCOM & many 'first' things they did for the consumer. EVDO, was long used by all of us, even before many in India, started hearing about 3G.

Two things I recall especially, about this amazing CDMA offering by Reliance was.

1) In 2004, when I was a deputed to Delhi for a year, I did not have TV & I used to watch Live Aaj Tak, NDTC etc news channels on Reliance network on a forgotten phone GTRAN. Under DAPO, it was free, so..

2) In 2004, I had made a reliance post paid bill payment on phone with my credit card, while visiting gandhi Ashram in Ahmedabad. 

Now, all these things look trivial. But, it was almost 12 years ago !!!! 

3) In 2006, when I visited Sikkim, RCOM network was live, even in faraway hilly areas, & I got surprized to get a call from office on top of a hill. 

4) In 2012, I had visited forest near Madikeri , Mysore. And in the middle of jungle (not exactly middle, kind of outskirt), I was able to access Internet & share my coordinates with friends on cdma. Joke, is to ensure full connectivity, I had taken extra "IDEA" card with me. Handset struggled most of the times searching network :)

So, CDMA + RCOM will remain undisputed king in the area of communication & the way people use them.

That's why even after this 4G debacle, I am not giving up & keeping patience, to see what they have to offer !!

• Like 3

3 days on RGSM 4G or 3G in delhi circle.. voice is definitely improved and at par with other GSM operator.  I used RGSM in 2010 and voice used to be horrible. 

3G speed is not definitely good. Sometimes its is only 512 kbps while max speed is 2 Mbps.

@silent_god, agree with all your points.

I've been a CDMA user since 2006 and actually GTRAN was my very first phone :D

I remember when there was flooding in Mumbai back in 2005, when all the networks were down for several days, Reliance was the only one I remember was still up. That's what got me attracted to them and I've been a Reliance user ever since.

• Like 2

As CDMA has already been shut down in Tier-1 cities, any news when 4G is being deployed?

I am unable to sent porting sms from 4g cards.

Received sms from +1901 that service temporrarily unavailable.

Any other source the we can receive porting code.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

OK, update.........Got the patch on my sim and now data is working fine on Lenovo A6000 plus as well.

So it was a patch/sim problem after all and not a handset problem.

@Shanu360 Advise you to get your sim patched as well. Then try it on your Z5.

4 minutes ago, zanaka said:

OK, update.........Got the patch on my sim and now data is working fine on Lenovo A6000 plus as well.

So it was a patch/sim problem after all and not a handset problem.

@Shanu360 Advise you to get your sim patched as well. Then try it on your Z5.

Could i go in any state reliance store for patch coz me in roaming 

Edited by Shanu360

1 hour ago, abhi.r said:

As CDMA has already been shut down in Tier-1 cities, any news when 4G is being deployed?

Asked the guy at the store where I got my sim patched the same thing,  dude was clueless as hell

3 hours ago, silent_god said:

things I recall

RIM-PREPAID.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S.T.A.L.K.E.R said:

Thanks for the reply. So these sims are without any numbers allotted to them and that's why they don't need any documents to purchase ?

Yes, those are blank sims. If your number is still active, you have to send sms "4G<space><19 digit sim number>".

405999 is the secure 3G network of Indian Air Force. 

What is DAPO? 

I am yet to get Reliance 4G signal in Kolkata and also to get post migration offers. Did anyone get the offer? 

5 hours ago, Shanu360 said:

Could i go in any state reliance store for patch coz me in roaming 

Go into a store and tell the same thing to the store employee, maybe they could tell you if that would be an issue or not.

SInce it's a s/w patch, I don't think that should be an issue.

4 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Go into a store and tell the same thing to the store employee, maybe they could tell you if that would be an issue or not.

SInce it's a s/w patch, I don't think that should be an issue.

Not available in Haryana, Punjab, Himanchal.... Says don't hear about this before...!!! 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, digitalnirvana said:

Wind 4 is good at 6799 and can be used for hotspot - unlimited voice, sms, data and apps (live tv, vod, music, magazines, etc)

Will this be only for 3 months ? If it is for 6 months then its a deal.

Will this be only for 3 months ? If it is for 6 months then its a deal.

3 months as of now. Many have been upgraded to more. Even at 3 months for 6799 for all inclusive voice, data it is cheaper than unlimited wired broadband and is definitely vfm for people with heavy data usage. Plus lots of free apps. In fact get a chrome cast and do not recharge cable tv for 3 months. Joking on that though

Today I received a call from Rcom, that I have successfully migrated to 4G, 4G services will be live from this month for their preferred customer. Will receive 10GB data valid for 30 days from date of receiving SMS after 4G goes live. For Gujarat Circle

58 minutes ago, digitalnirvana said:

3 months as of now. Many have been upgraded to more. Even at 3 months for 6799 for all inclusive voice, data it is cheaper than unlimited wired broadband and is definitely vfm for people with heavy data usage. Plus lots of free apps. In fact get a chrome cast and do not recharge cable tv for 3 months. Joking on that though emoji14.png

You can buy flame for 3999/- for all inclusive, rest balance can be used for Chromecast. :P

1 hour ago, digitalnirvana said:

3 months as of now. Many have been upgraded to more. Even at 3 months for 6799 for all inclusive voice, data it is cheaper than unlimited wired broadband and is definitely vfm for people with heavy data usage. Plus lots of free apps. In fact get a chrome cast and do not recharge cable tv for 3 months. Joking on that though emoji14.png

i am not recharging my cable tv from Feb.   I am using Apple TV

2 hours ago, Cookie said:

How to recharge "Reliance 4G" Data?

Have you tried the "Instacare" app ?

14 hours ago, silent_god said:

1) In 2004, when I was a deputed to Delhi for a year, I did not have TV & I used to watch Live Aaj Tak, NDTC etc news channels on Reliance network on a forgotten phone GTRAN. Under DAPO, it was free, so..

GTRAN was the first SIM based phone of RCDMA. I had one from 2004 to 2007 (had to change batteries 2 times). IT was an wonderful phone with flip format. Still fondly remember the set. In fact I continued to use the same SIM till last month, when I was forced to migrate to non-existing 4G.