Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

The end of affordable data :(

In logon ne toh Modi ki digital India ki waat maar di...........

but these plans are somewhat similar to that of pro3 prepaid plans maharahtra circle and the given plans are too for maharahtra only confirmed from reliance store but no postpaid plan as yet

On 6/6/2016 at 8:10 AM, Sushil Tater said:

I'm using redmi note 3, my data is not working on roaming on this handset, plz help to enable national data roaming option, if any in secret code.

Note:

International roaming enabled

Manual APN created but doesn't work.

Data is working in other handset.

Finally back to home circle, Reliance store guy changed my sim for free and new one is working perfectly. 

No problem in RN3. 

Thanks for the plans information.

Now, where is the network? :)

• Like 1

That means I have to bid good buy to RCOM with heavy heart.

I am with RCOM since its inception in 2002/2003. However since 2009 it became my secondary number. Idea provided a better corporate plan. I kept RCOM for data. My current plan is 99Rs rental + 49Rs for data.

With Rs. 255/1GB plan the hopes of cheap and fast data is shattered. In Maharashtra, the 2G speed is very very slow compared to Idea. I don't see any reason now to be with Rcom. It feels really sad.

Rather I would have continued with CDMA.

Edit:

@Vikrant Deore, Can you please post the link from where your sourced the tariff ?

Got it. ITs here

http://telecomtalk.info/rcom-4g-data-packs-1gb-data-to-cost-rs255/154119/

Edited by MOBILE FAN

RIP rcom. Time to bid adieu to reliance. With such fares why not go for better network like Airtel or idea than sticking with dumb reliance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are they at least going to honour the existing cdma postpaid plans after the horrible 4g transition? Rcom Prepaid plans are as pathetic as their management..

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

With this .. there will be no new 4G customer on RCOM network .. 100% sure. Existing users will also migrate after this horrible transisition and management  .. RIP RCOM ..

Size of webpages have increased from few KBs to few MBs. So average browsing consumes around 200 MB per day. Thus not less than 5-6 GB will suffice for entire months. Other users may need 10 GB or more. But these morons are selling data as if wheat and rice were being sold by counting grains.

• Like 2

I would still wait for the official announcement before making a move. I believe RCom has done market survey before deciding on tariff plans. 

I will consider to move to Telenor. Any idea about its 2G speed? 

3 minutes ago, MOBILE FAN said:

I would still wait for the official announcement before making a move. I believe RCom has done market survey before deciding on tariff plans. 

I will consider to move to Telenor. Any idea about its 2G speed? 

When I started using Telenor 2G years ago, it was 40 KB/s. Now a days it is caped at 10 KB/s at peak hours. Tata Docomo and Vodafone are also good at 2G. But BSNL gives 3G speed almost at 2G rates.

Thanks for that info. However many say that BSNL has patchy network in urban areas.

Let's see what kind of offers JIO comes out with.

30 minutes ago, zanaka said:

Let's see what kind of offers JIO comes out with.

I am sure RJio will NOT come with such type of STUPID offers, at least initially, till it gets few crores of customers.. Else it will be ignored as well, like current RCom 4G.. One remote possibility is -- May be RJio is testing waters with RCom, wrt 4G tariffs..

Even though I didn't expect Unlimited or dirt cheap 4G tariffs from Jio, all I am expecting is Rs150/GB 30 days tariff from RJio, which will surely force AVoId to reduce their data tariffs as well, imho...

Any one able to latch on Reliance 4G network in Mumbai? On scan Reliance 4g signal is visible along with Jio

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

When Chennai CDMA is Shutting down? Have they launched the migration program?

Holly 2plus

For those data is not working: 

Open SIM TOOLKIT -> Roaming -> keep National 'on' 

And then use smarter or rcomnet as APN or use the default settings. Don't forget to make it default. 

Reboot your phone and if SIM fails to register to any network, manually select Reliance 3G, and make network mode HSPA/3G only. It would work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MOBILE FAN said:

Thanks for that info. However many say that BSNL has patchy network in urban areas.

I am using BSNL since 2009. It has better network coverage than most other telecom operators . I used rcdma as my first number but carried bsnl number on the go. In delhi, it becomes mtnl and network coverage problem occurs only in delhi metro subway. In my city most people have BSNL as their first number. However, it's EVDO service is not available everywhere.