Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

My office is near Vijaycross Roads, Ahmedabad, after downgrading from CDMA to GSM, many of my clients complained that my mobile is switched off. But in reality, mobile have no network. If by God's grace, I receives call in my office, I need to come out of my office to talk, else caller will get my voice in pieces.
Totally help less. No port code is provided by Rcom.
No way to file complaint, as CC executive have single reply, server is down, plz call after 2 hours. And this is the only answer after every two hours.
I don't think there will be any improvement in calling after 4G network gets live, as 4G network is only for data and for voice it fall back to worst RGSM network.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sushil Tater said:

My office is near Vijaycross Roads, Ahmedabad, after downgrading from CDMA to GSM, many of my clients complained that my mobile is switched off. But in reality, mobile have no network. If by God's grace, I receives call in my office, I need to come out of my office to talk, else caller will get my voice in pieces.
No way to file complaint, as CC executive have single reply, server is down, plz call after 2 hours. And this is the only answer after every two hours.
I don't think there will be any improvement in calling after 4G network gets live, as 4G network is only for data and for voice it fall back to worst RGSM network.

set call forwarding option to an alternate number. I am sorry but this is best thing you can do for now.

10 hours ago, Sushil Tater said:

Keep sending port messages to 1900. Port codes have again started since day before yesterday. Prepaid ones are obtained in five minutes, postpaid may take a while but it definitely gets processed now. You can approach Reliance store guys and request them to send a service request to get the port code. Grab the opportunity !!

Dr Saab

Is it so bad? Even though I got the 4g sim yet to insert. Going to enjoy CDMA till last minute. 10 GB free and one month r2r free is the only grace point it seems

11 hours ago, Sushil Tater said:

It is probably because they are broadcasting signals at 1800 Mhz. Things may improve later but for now, you can use some signal booster antenna.

I think they have not started the 850 MHz signals even in Pune.

Any idea why the 2G data is so slow in Pune ?

1 hour ago, kannan.t said:

Is it so bad? Even though I got the 4g sim yet to insert. Going to enjoy CDMA till last minute. 10 GB free and one month r2r free is the only grace point it seem

It is not that bad in my area, still I am on roaming on Aircel for last an hour in my own room. :D

Any ideas when they plan to completely shut down cdma would like to continue on cdma till I am left with no option but to move out to GSM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi in Hyderabad I am getting following networks on 4G SIM

Reliance 2G

Reliance 3G

Aircel 2G

Aircel 3G

Aircel 4G

Able to latch on to all networks.3G is working with H or H+ symbol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Any ideas when they plan to completely shut down cdma would like to continue on cdma till I am left with no option but to move out to GSM.

They are issuing 4G sim in TN. My assumption is by end of June 2016 they would shut down CDMA in Chennai.

Has any one's dongle upgraded yet?

I called CC and they are saying dongles will be upgraded once 4G is live. Is it true?

On CDMA device, i am not getting even 1x network from evening of 4th June.

Has any one's dongle upgraded yet?

I called CC and they are saying dongles will be upgraded once 4G is live. Is it true?

On CDMA device, i am not getting even 1x network from evening of 4th June.

Don't call CC. Just go to a store. We took a new 4G SIM for my friend's dongle yesterday. They didn't give a compatible USB dongle though.

I have done the online migration process for Dongle and recharged with Re 1. Instacare app is showing my current pack as LTEMIG1 and i have got a credit of 100 mb. This I suppose means that migration to 4G has been done but when i put the sim in my phone there is no network yet.

Don't plan to buy 4G wipod if the sim works on phone. There is no balance for Voice as per Instacare which now makes me believe that this Sim wont work on 4G phone.

Anybody tried putting Dongle migrated Sim on phone ??? Will it work on phone as normal sim ???

1 hour ago, ramtech said:

Hi in Hyderabad I am getting following networks on 4G SIM

Reliance 2G

Reliance 3G

Aircel 2G

Aircel 3G

Aircel 4G

Able to latch on to all networks.3G is working with H or H+ symbol.

In Maharashtra (not Mumbai), Reliance doesn't have 3G license.

Today I am not able to get even 2G data. Cannot continue for long with such unreliable network. Any idea when the 4G will start ? I guess, with 4G the 2G network will also improve. Else there is no point in continuing as a postpaid subscriber. I will make a move.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Sprint CDMA version). I just received the sim card from reliance (they've sent it through a courier service). After going through several messages,

I'm confused and have a basic question:  Will I be able to use the existing phone (Galaxy Note 3 - Sprint CDMA version) after migrating to the 4G SIM from existing postpaid 3G plan? I have another phone with the same plan but, the phone is a HTC 510 Boost Mobile phone 4G-LTE (can I continue to use these phones?).

Regards

-PK

You need a GSM handset.

Reliance does not have 3G in Hyderabad.how I am getting Reliance 3G (H or H+)symbol also.

hello everyone...

My 4G SIM is unable to latch to the network. i am roaming right now. Got GSM SIM 10 days ago and moved to GURGAON right away. since then im here in GURGAON and unable to register network though i can search all networks. 

on calling R World CC, he checked and said Your number is successfully transferred from CDMA to RGSM 4G and to register to network in roaming, tweak in SIM rootkit R MENU ... but still nothing work out...

Please help out...

TIA

5 hours ago, papikondalu said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Sprint CDMA version). I just received the sim card from reliance (they've sent it through a courier service). After going through several messages,

I'm confused and have a basic question:  Will I be able to use the existing phone (Galaxy Note 3 - Sprint CDMA version) after migrating to the 4G SIM from existing postpaid 3G plan? I have another phone with the same plan but, the phone is a HTC 510 Boost Mobile phone 4G-LTE (can I continue to use these phones?).

Regards

-PK

Check your model number. If it is N9000, only 3G network will work. If it is N9005, all networks will work. But if is SPH-L710, it will not work. However HTC Desire 510 will work on 4G network. (only on selected bands, depends on versions) This chart is for HTC desire 510.

untitled.JPG

Edited by ajay16
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ajay16 said:

It is not that bad in my area, still I am on roaming on Aircel for last an hour in my own room. :D

Reliance 4g sim is connecting in "WCDMA only" mode.Even when there is no data balance,still also it is working and no deduction is being done from the main balance.I can't check more because I have very high balance in sim and doesn't want to take risk. Btw I am taliking about UPEAST where there is no 3g of Reliance.So guys having less balance in sims can check this out :D

reliance3g.jpg

Anyone have news about starting reliance 4G ???

It's really frustration with 2g network

Check your model number. If it is N9000, only 3G network will work. If it is N9005, all networks will work. But if is SPH-L710, it will not work. However HTC Desire 510 will work on 4G network.

Is it a guess that HTC desire 510 will work or is it confirmed to work in LTE mode on Band 5? If it works then HTC desire 816(Sprint) will work too?

12 minutes ago, nabeelnavs said:

Anyone have news about starting reliance 4G ???

It's really frustration with 2g network

See above comment,it is connecting in 3g mode,so use in 3g only mode.

Went to the webstore and asked when 4g will start, the reply from the store incharge was before 30th June for Maharashtra .There wil be call/sms informing the same for apn settings for 4g.I hope he is true to his word.

By the way he informed me that Ahemadnagar has live 4g signals??Can any member confirm this.

Sam007

1 hour ago, Aastha123 said:

Reliance 4g sim is connecting in "WCDMA only" mode.Even when there is no data balance,still also it is working and no deduction is being done from the main balance.I can't check more because I have very high balance in sim and doesn't want to take risk. Btw I am taliking about UPEAST where there is no 3g of Reliance.So guys having less balance in sims can check this out :D

reliance3g.jpg

You are lucky being able to use data in 'WCDMA only' mode. In UP(E), Reliance provide 3G service through Aircel network. I am able to connect to Aircel H+ but without data tranfer. However I am able to use 2G data with super slow speed.

To check balance, I send SMS 'MBAL' to 55333. It shows 'no data balance' It is, I think, just because there is no data in data balance but There is 1GB data in promo data balance in 'promo data balance' which is invisible to us. 10 GB 4G data will be provided when 4G network will be live.

So, as for now, for me, Reliance 4G is Reliance 34G    :D

• Like 1