Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

2 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

You are lucky being able to use data in 'WCDMA only' mode. In UP(E), Reliance provide 3G service through Aircel network. I am able to connect to Aircel H+ but without data tranfer. However I am able to use 2G data with super slow speed.

To check balance, I send SMS 'MBAL' to 55333. It shows 'no data balance' It is, I think, just because there is no data in data balance but There is 1GB data in promo data balance in 'promo data balance' which is invisible to us. 10 GB 4G data will be provided when 4G network will be live.

So, as for now, for me, Reliance 4G is Reliance 34G    :D

You also try in any 3g dongle,it will connect as shown in the picture. Btw I have got 1gb data earlier in EVDO which I used in evdo mode completely.You also try atleast one time and tell the result here.My sim is from April lot only and no sim patch has been done.

2 hours ago, uhm said:

Is it a guess that HTC desire 510 will work or is it confirmed to work in LTE mode on Band 5? If it works then HTC desire 816(Sprint) will work too?

HTC 816 will work on LTE 1800 which will be shared by RJIo. Unfortunately it will not work on 850 Mhz or 2300 Mhz. HTC 510 sprint will also not work on these band but will on 3G and 2G bands. However it shouldl work on forthcoming BSNL 4G on 2500 Mhz. It depends on version. This chart is for HTC  Desire 510.

untitled.JPG

Edited by ajay16

Sprint HTC desire 816 doesn't support LTE band 3(1800 mhz). The only little chance is with 850mhz band if at all.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Band 26 is super band of band 5. So desire 510 supports 4G on band 5 too..

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

cdma network down day before yesterday. inserted 4g sim in 1st slot of HTC desire 816. the network is worst. n/w switches on / off continuously. will be porting this # too in some time. worstly managed transition by RCom team.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As per this report 4G will start in phases from Mid August.

Reliance Communications Set to launch 4G across india in phases - Starting Mid August
Source

In the first flush, RCom will launch 4G services in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh.

KOLKATA: Reliance Communications (RCom) is set to launch 4G services on its own across India in phases, starting mid-August from the key circles of Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, and will gradually leverage its sharing agreement with Reliance Jio Infocomm as clearances come through.

India's fourth largest telco expects clearances from the telecom department on its sharing deal with Jio in eight circles in a week to 10 days, having already got approval for nine others previously. RCom has also received clearances to trade, or sell, its spectrum in nine circles to Jio for some Rs 4,800 crore, and plans to extend that pact to four more service areas for roughly Rs 1,000 crore, people familiar with the matter told ET.

RCom "is also set to wrap up tests relating to lawful interception & monitoring (LIM) of its 4G network", completion of which will trigger the 4G launches, one of the persons said. It has also concluded LIM-related tests in 15 circles, and expects to wrap up the exercise in all 22 regions by June 20.

In the first flush, RCom will launch 4G services in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, UP-East and UP-West, these people said. RCom now holds liberalised airwaves in the 800 MHz band across all 22 circles.

It has forked out Rs 6,667 crore to the telecom department (DoT) to liberalise its 800 MHz airwaves in 20 circles. Besides, it already had such airwaves in Northeast and Assam acquired in the March 2015 auction. Liberalising or 'paying the market price' for airwaves that were allotted and not auctioned, will allow RCom to use its 800 MHz spectrum to offer 4G services. An email query to RCom did not elicit a response.

The company's decision to independently launch 4G stems from the fact that it has recently switched off its CDMA network and needs to progressively migrate its 6 million-odd CDMA customers to fourth-generation services. More importantly, DoT approval for RCom's spectrum sharing pact in the 800 MHz band with Reliance Jio Infocomm is still pending in eight circles, including Haryana, Punjab, West Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Northeast and Odisha.

Earlier this year, RCom had inked a 17-circle airwaves sharing deal in the 800 MHz band with Jio, and in April, DoT allowed them to share such airwaves in 9 circles.

• Like 1

the date keeps getting extended :( 

Hi...yesterday i was in gandhi nagar and i was able to latch to Tata Dcomo using Reliance 4G sim and got fairly consistent H/H plus signals.

49 minutes ago, rajanmehta said:

Reliance Communications Set to launch 4G across india in phases - Starting Mid August
Source

In the first flush, RCom will launch 4G services in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh.

KOLKATA: Reliance Communications (RCom) is set to launch 4G services on its own across India in phases, starting mid-August from the key circles of Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, and will gradually leverage its sharing agreement with Reliance Jio Infocomm as clearances come through.

India's fourth largest telco expects clearances from the telecom department on its sharing deal with Jio in eight circles in a week to 10 days, having already got approval for nine others previously. RCom has also received clearances to trade, or sell, its spectrum in nine circles to Jio for some Rs 4,800 crore, and plans to extend that pact to four more service areas for roughly Rs 1,000 crore, people familiar with the matter told ET.

RCom "is also set to wrap up tests relating to lawful interception & monitoring (LIM) of its 4G network", completion of which will trigger the 4G launches, one of the persons said. It has also concluded LIM-related tests in 15 circles, and expects to wrap up the exercise in all 22 regions by June 20.

In the first flush, RCom will launch 4G services in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, UP-East and UP-West, these people said. RCom now holds liberalised airwaves in the 800 MHz band across all 22 circles.

It has forked out Rs 6,667 crore to the telecom department (DoT) to liberalise its 800 MHz airwaves in 20 circles. Besides, it already had such airwaves in Northeast and Assam acquired in the March 2015 auction. Liberalising or 'paying the market price' for airwaves that were allotted and not auctioned, will allow RCom to use its 800 MHz spectrum to offer 4G services. An email query to RCom did not elicit a response.

The company's decision to independently launch 4G stems from the fact that it has recently switched off its CDMA network and needs to progressively migrate its 6 million-odd CDMA customers to fourth-generation services. More importantly, DoT approval for RCom's spectrum sharing pact in the 800 MHz band with Reliance Jio Infocomm is still pending in eight circles, including Haryana, Punjab, West Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Northeast and Odisha.

Earlier this year, RCom had inked a 17-circle airwaves sharing deal in the 800 MHz band with Jio, and in April, DoT allowed them to share such airwaves in 9 circles.

I have got auto recorded call from Reliance that 4G will be live any time in this month for their preferred platinum costumers. @Ahmedabad

I think we all are actually clueless on what should we do. We are already migrated to 4G but without 4G signals. Wherever Reliance has license of 3G, mainly in metros, people are getting the 3G data. Elsewhere the 2G data connectivity and speed are pathetic. Nobody knows when they will actually start on 850 MHz. The current experience is not as encouraging as we had in CDMA.

In the meantime, we are getting pointers that the 4G data price will be on the higher side and the 4G launch will be delayed.

Many of us are having long to very long association with the service. We loved and cherished the CDMA call and data quality. We know that Reliance never forced us to opt for new schemes and plans. Many of us were using DAPO until now! If we continue to be with Reliance we may be able to continue with our old plans but in the new and better network. But there is no certainty.

Many of us are using Reliance as a secondary SIM. Many more have started using it as secondary SIM because of the recent transition turmoil. Gradually people will become prepaid customers and if situation will not change for good, they will bid good bye.

• Like 1

The 2G and 3G network of RGSM is just pathetic in my area. Call connectivity is very bad and call drops occur. The network is just 1 bar where i live and no 3G data speed. Moreover, the 4G launch seems to be extended. IMO if one cant even make proper and clear voice calls its of no use.

Considering RGSM 4G to be launched on 850 mhz the internet penetration would be very good but then theres no guarantee that the voice call clarity and connectivity (fallback on 2G) will improve. RGSM seriously needs to improve 2G and 3G also.

Correct me if i am wrong.

2 hours ago, rajanmehta said:

Liberalising or 'paying the market price' for airwaves that were allotted and not auctioned, will allow RCom to use its 800 MHz spectrum to offer 4G services.

So wil Rcom provide 4G services on 800 Mhz? I wish they they'd declare band(s) at least.

That's the spec sheet for gsm models.

• Like 1

Reliance jio completed the integration of 850mhz in 9 circles but rcom abhi tak 4g chalu nahi kar saka

shayad jio ko puri terah se bech diya hai 850mhz band aur kabhi 4g chalu hi nahi hoga rcom ka

If they are really going to START launching 4G by mid-August only, then what happens to their 10GB 4G data promise, that came with 97Rs / 1Re FRC?

The LTE sim arrived in bluedart yesterday. The courier guy having hundreds of these covers with him to deliver. They are sending the free sims for all postpaid customers it seems. So, it is the end of the Rcom CDMA in Tamilnadu!!!

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

Edited by balac_m
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Aastha123 said:

You also try in any 3g dongle,it will connect as shown in the picture. Btw I have got 1gb data earlier in EVDO which I used in evdo mode completely.You also try atleast one time and tell the result here.My sim is from April lot only and no sim patch has been done.

I have two sims: one of 4/16 lot and the other of 5/16 lot. Both sims are not patched but 2G data works.

3G dongle trial: First I tried 4/16 sim. It works on EDGE. Changed setting to WCDMA only. Latched to Aircel H. Tried to connect. No service. But after I tried again and again, to my surprise, it got connected. :)

Then I tried 5/16 sim with the same settings. No service. :(

untitled4.JPG

Edited by ajay16
  • Like 1

I use my delhi SIM on roaming. Mainly for OTP and bank SMS. Manually selected Aircel on 2G. So far working without any issues. Brought my Kolkata SIM on roaming in Darjeeling and Sikkim. In Darjeeling for 1st day, it did not register even on Rel 3G network. Next day it latched on. In Sikkim most places there is no Rel network. This SIM is not latching on to Aircel network at all.

9 hours ago, rajanmehta said:

Source

Actually it is news that rcom will start 4g for everyone in august.GSM Subcribers will get 4g sims before that

Rcom will lose premium customers if he will not start 4g soon coz people's havering so much trouble with network issues call drop network coverage sometimes signals goes need to restart phones than work again zRcim have to start network soon because people's using alternative numbers as main number because of network issue and rcom is losing customers

I use my delhi SIM on roaming. Mainly for OTP and bank SMS. Manually selected Aircel on 2G. So far working without any issues. Brought my Kolkata SIM on roaming in Darjeeling and Sikkim. In Darjeeling for 1st day, it did not register even on Rel 3G network. Next day it latched on. In Sikkim most places there is no Rel network. This SIM is not latching on to Aircel network at all.

Try connecting Vodafone network for 2g voice calls. Recently Rcom has tied up with Vodafone for 2G voice calls on circles where it lost 900MHz 2G spectrum, incl Bihar, West Bengal, Orissa, Assam and North East...

If they are really going to START launching 4G by mid-August only, then what happens to their 10GB 4G data promise, that came with 97Rs / 1Re FRC?

Yeah the question remains!!

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Can I use these 4G SIM Reliance had sent me in any old GSM phone? I need this service for the next 3 months. After that, I'll buy new phone. I only need it for voice. My data usage is almost zero.

-PK

Try connecting Vodafone network for 2g voice calls. Recently Rcom has tied up with Vodafone for 2G voice calls on circles where it lost 900MHz 2G spectrum, incl Bihar, West Bengal, Orissa, Assam and North East...

Vodafone shows (forbidden)