Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

21 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Is recharge of Re. 1 required before registering for migration through portal?

untitled.JPG

Yes, I did it using PayTm! 

After Recharge of Rs.1/-, SMS to 1299 4G <space> 19 digit SIM No. You will receive Registration confirmation SMS.

best wishes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajay16 said:

It may take from few hours to few days. But your old SIM will keep working until it happens. (If CDMA network is still active in your circle).

Once they switch, do I know that it has been switched OR I'll be hanging somewhere in the middle guessing why someone is unable to reach me :(

2 hours ago, papikondalu said:

Once they switch, do I know that it has been switched OR I'll be hanging somewhere in the middle guessing why someone is unable to reach me :(

A few people complained that they were hanging somewhere in the middle for a short period of time. But for me, it did not take time. Everything was alright till afternoon and, in the evening, when I was unable to make any call (despite full network), I inserted new sim in the phone and found that it was working.

I have been constantly receiving sms to upgrade to 4g sim. Went to reliance store the sales girl took one rupee from sent message and said upgrade is done put the 4g sim once signal goes in rcdma. As per her information in another 5-15 days it will be shut down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My number is already switched from CDMA to 4G sim. Getting network on the phone, voice calling is working, balance got carried forward, but data seems to be not working.

Do I need to recharge with Rs. 1 to get the free 4G benefits or is something still missing & needs to be done by Rcom ?

I am from Pune.

^^^ Which handset you are using ?

As I said earlier, a Postpaid corporate connection from Airtel can be formed by a group of minimum 3 numbers, including the Data card number. Visit Airtel store for more info. Corp postpaid plans are much better than normal postpaid plans. In normal MyPlan, you get 400 minutes for Rs199 plan, whereas in Corporate MyPlan you get 600 minutes. Now coming to the point of getting the connection:-

1. As I said earlier, If you have a friend using Airtel Corp connection, then ask him to get a new data card connection for you with the above said plan -- This is the easiest one.
  2. If you have 2 Airtel connections (either prepaid or normal postpaid or MNP from other operator) you can form new Corp connection with data card connection as third number and enjoy free unlimited calls within the 2 numbers as bonus.
Another suggestion.. Why don't you try Jio Preview offer? That is buying the LYF wind4 with Jio SIM and use it for tethering? Considering the price of phone / features + 3 months UL 4G data, its better than getting new corp connection from Airtel, if you are OK with current operator..

Finally decided to surrender the Reliance 4g , I literally got fed up with stupidity...got new Airtel connection and dongle.....Reliance guys were not accepting my porting requests so had left with no option....for rs 600 double data offer of 6gb... Thank you for the suggestion

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So here is the news on what happens to advance paid plans..

I have a two year paid plan... Migrated around 26th of last month..

new bill generated which has two parts

Rent and charges for first 11th may (my billing cycle) to 26th - with zero charges on calls and data

Rent and charges from 27th till 10th June with zero changes for rent, data, local calls, but full charge on roaming calls (incoming and outgoing)

further got an sms yesterday with a ticket raised automatically, which I did not bother to check

and now phone is not latching on any network since last night... there are other phones (reliance) which are all working fine

This is getting terrible!

So here is the news on what happens to advance paid plans..

I have a two year paid plan... Migrated around 26th of last month..

new bill generated which has two parts

Rent and charges for first 11th may (my billing cycle) to 26th - with zero charges on calls and data

Rent and charges from 27th till 10th June with zero changes for rent, data, local calls, but full charge on roaming calls (incoming and outgoing)

further got an sms yesterday with a ticket raised automatically, which I did not bother to check

and now phone is not latching on any network since last night... there are other phones (reliance) which are all working fine

This is getting terrible!

Its not terrible its horrible ...

Fed up with these people , using the same plan , network has gone horrible, not able to use any kind of service nor data not voice calls.... Horrible service from Reliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So bablus Rcom reverted back your bill amount to zero or not?

N wat about unlimited data plan after migration ? Is there any cap now?

BTW I got reply from Rcom care after asking about my magic unlimited cdma 1300 plan 

We are Happy to inform you that your current plan with all discounts will remain unchanged when you upgrade to 4G for the remaining months on the given plan.  There will be no change in plan pricing on 4G upgrade.

After your discount validity is over full rental will be charged on the plan value of your plan tariff.

When they say 800 Mhz and 850 Mhz, do they refer the same band or different bands? These two deffer from each other in numbers but, sometimes, they are used together.

Now when Rcom and Rjio have decided to share their spectrum and infrastructure, we know that 850 Mhz, 1800 Mhz and 2300 Mhz are the key frequencies we should keep in mind while buying new handsets/devices. But these days it is also mentioned that Rcom has freed 800 Mhz to deploy LTE services in it. Rcom also claims that it is the first and only operator that has nationwide 800/850 Mhz spectrum to launch LTE. So, should we also keep 800 Mhz in mind while buying new devices? 

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/aboutus/news/pdf/press-release/2015/RCOM_only_operator_capable_of_launching_state_of_the_art.pdf

• Like 1

I am also wondering since beginning.

Rcdma operated on 800 mhz while all the talks of 4g are on 850 mhz. In handset specifications, band 800 and 850 are separate.

What's going on ?

850 MHz (Band 5) is the correct one.

800-850 MHz gives you the best indoor coverage and clarity that was the reason we enjoyed excellent call quality in cdma compared to GSM if 850 MHz gets working you can enjoy great call quality in GSM too

When they say 800 Mhz and 850 Mhz, do they refer the same band or different bands? These two deffer from each other in numbers but, sometimes, they are used together.

Now when Rcom and Rjio have decided to share their spectrum and infrastructure, we know that 850 Mhz, 1800 Mhz and 2300 Mhz are the key frequencies we should keep in mind while buying new handsets/devices. But these days it is also mentioned that Rcom has freed 800 Mhz to deploy LTE services in it. Rcom also claims that it is the first and only operator that has nationwide 800/850 Mhz spectrum to launch LTE. So, should we also keep 800 Mhz in mind while buying new devices? 

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/aboutus/news/pdf/press-release/2015/RCOM_only_operator_capable_of_launching_state_of_the_art.pdf

Rcom Cdma was deployed on 800 mhz while rcom 4g is getting deployed on 850 mhz(band 5) by replacing the cdma 800mhz band with it.

• Like 1

How to confirm 10 GB data on Post paid?? post migration

On 6/14/2016 at 11:10 PM, amit4ubel said:

So bablus Rcom reverted back your bill amount to zero or not?

N wat about unlimited data plan after migration ? Is there any cap now?

Data continues to remain unlimited

Bill not yet reduced. Unable to launch complaint since phone is not latching any signal (tried multiple instruments)

seems sim card has got damaged... can be reissued in Mumbai. Currently am in Bangalore

There is no improvement in the network at my office location.

I have to keep the data off in order to get some signal. As soon as I switch on 2G/3G/LTE the signal vanishes. This is not the problem at my home. At home I get 2G. Effectively I am without data on a large part of a day.

I generated port code. Just want to know if I switch to prepaid can I still use the port code ? And if not, can I regenerate the port code after switching to prepaid ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

8 hours ago, Bablus said:

Data continues to remain unlimited

Bill not yet reduced. Unable to launch complaint since phone is not latching any signal (tried multiple instruments)

seems sim card has got damaged... can be reissued in Mumbai. Currently am in Bangalore

OK dear plz tell your sim were latched to Rcom 3g  ? 

And how did u get info about ur plan as even customer care is not aware fully about limits of plan

Edited by amit4ubel

There is no improvement in the network at my office location.

I have to keep the data off in order to get some signal. As soon as I switch on 2G/3G/LTE the signal vanishes. This is not the problem at my home. At home I get 2G. Effectively I am without data on a large part of a day.

I generated port code. Just want to know if I switch to prepaid can I still use the port code ? And if not, can I regenerate the port code after switching to prepaid ?

Before you convert to prepaid kindly check if the 3 month lock in applies as rcom is capable of all comedies they may say since you converted from post to pre it's a new transfer so you can't port for 3 months

On 6/13/2016 at 5:33 PM, alugobi said:

^^^ Which handset you are using ?

Mine is Micromax colours A120. I know its not 4G handset. I inserted sim in one of my friend who has Samsung J5, but it was only showing E & that too network was fluctuating a lot. 

Visited nearest Reliance store, they did software upgrade on the SIM, but still the same issue. still showing E.

Also, store guy told, 4G will start on 20th June, till then only 2G. Also he told Rcom has either 2G or 4G there is no 3G.

I was roaming in various places of WB and Sikim for the last 10 days. I had 3 RCom (pseudo) LTE SIMs with me. 1st Delhi Postpaid 4/2016 series (not patched). 2nd Delhi Prepaid 4/2016 series (not patched). 3rd Kolkata Postpaid 4/2016 series (patched). Initially, all SIM refused to catch any network, even Reliance 3G, even after manual serarch. But after about 4-5 hours, both Delhi SIM caught Aircel 2G network. Voice and SMS worked. There was no data even earlier (due to 4/2016 series). But the Kolkata SIM did nor register wither with Aircel or with Vodafone (as suggested by someone) even after repeated attempts and worked only where Reliance network was available.. May be patching the SIM creates problems in roaming.

I started getting migration messages. I am from Kerala circle roaming in Karnataka. Is it possible to get the 4G sim from Karnataka itself?

In karnataka rcom is providing new 4g sim,
when they are going to activate it with 4g ?

any one has information about this.......