Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

A reliance employee told me. Ur 10gb free data must have credited in ur account today. 

Can you see RCom 4G signals (band 5 -- 850MHz) while searching in LTE only mode?

If NOT, then this is just a lie by store people to avoid ex-RCdma customers flying away to other operators after seeing the pathetic RGsm 2G...

Yes rcom 4g signals have been seen on 850 mhz for quite some time here in Mumbai but unable to connect.

I know for sure as I had disabled all the other bands except 850 in the phone.

Network is shown as 405-874 which is registered under Jio name but network name shown as Reliance in phone. e6f485287fdccb5ee7b5d9eea3c8de5b.jpg

53dbd4c4729ed6806da478c03bd209bd.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, inception said:

On my new Reliance 4G SIM, data connection is not established on mobile (RN3 and Gionee D1). I checked with my dongle - network connected by dialing *99# but no data transfer occurs. 

National roaming enabled on SIM TOOLKIT and I checked with both APN - rcomnet and smartnet. All are in vain.

Any solution of it?

What work for me: In SIM toolkit, I saw national roaming was already enabled. I enabled it again and then restarted the phone. Now I found that data was working.

Now My Reliance 4g sim gives the H+ network instead of Edag in UPE but the speed as same as as previouslyScreenshot_2016-06-19-01-52-14_com.whatsapp.png

Dear fellows,

As my older omh sim stopped working, Yesterday I got 4g sim from reliance store ( up East). They said it will start by evening but nothing happened. Called customer care and got to know that they have not received any registration request and i have to do it manually in website. For that I need rsn number of old sim which i do not have as sim was cut long back. Can someone help me to get my rsn number of CDMA omh??

Edited by mfaiz2

I am from Chennai.  Recd msg from Rcom "We will be closing Reliance Network any moment. Visit nearest web world to upgrade".  I called Customer Service team and the gentleman said, I need to upgrade to 4G failing which my number would be disconnected and that I would lose my number for ever. If I do my 22nd, I will continue to be in same tariff (50 p per minute).

I connected with Reliance through Chat. This person has no clue on the date in which CDMA would stop. He says if I don't port before network shuts down, my number would simply stop working, but upon getting new SIM I can retain same number.  When asked about tariff, he said only GSM tariff would be applicable and existing CDMA tariff would cease. Consolation prize is my balance would get carried to GSM.

Paper weight manufacturers are going to be indirect sufferers as many households gonna have paper weight that costs above 3000

• Like 1

Can 4G enables SIM be used in basic handset which doesn't support even 2G. (Handsets that have no browsers and used only for calls and sms)

Can 4G enables SIM be used in basic handset which doesn't support even 2G. (Handsets that have no browsers and used only for calls and sms)

Yes

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

I am from Chennai.  Recd msg from Rcom "We will be closing Reliance Network any moment. Visit nearest web world to upgrade".  I called Customer Service team and the gentleman said, I need to upgrade to 4G failing which my number would be disconnected and that I would lose my number for ever. If I do my 22nd, I will continue to be in same tariff (50 p per minute).

I connected with Reliance through Chat. This person has no clue on the date in which CDMA would stop. He says if I don't port before network shuts down, my number would simply stop working, but upon getting new SIM I can retain same number.  When asked about tariff, he said only GSM tariff would be applicable and existing CDMA tariff would cease. Consolation prize is my balance would get carried to GSM.

Paper weight manufacturers are going to be indirect sufferers as many households gonna have paper weight that costs above 3000

Siva even I am from chennai as of now no clarity on when cdma will be shut I have upgraded my sim but old sim is still working fine. As far as tariff are concerned many have confirmed old call rates are maintained for now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi!

RSN is not the OMH SIM number, it is the serial number of your CDMA phone. Most likely it is mentioned in the back side or below the battery chamber. Use that number along with your CDMA number to register your new 4G Sim for migration at RCOM website.

5 hours ago, mfaiz2 said:

Dear fellows,

As my older omh sim stopped working, Yesterday I got 4g sim from reliance store ( up East). They said it will start by evening but nothing happened. Called customer care and got to know that they have not received any registration request and i have to do it manually in website. For that I need rsn number of old sim which i do not have as sim was cut long back. Can someone help me to get my rsn number of CDMA omh??

You are latched to Aircel's 3G network, in UPE RCOM has tied up with Aircel to provide 3G under ICRA. Speed it very slow, Aircel's network is equally bad as RGSM.

14 hours ago, Sunil.ald said:

Now My Reliance 4g sim gives the H+ network instead of Edag in UPE but the speed as same as as previouslyScreenshot_2016-06-19-01-52-14_com.whatsapp.png

Just a heads up from personal experience.

If anyone here is from Thane (Mumbai circle) avoid dealing with the Reliance Mobile Store at Khopat as far as possible.

I got a 4G sim from them for Rs 100 but the signal doesn't even work. They sold me a dud card and are feigning ignorance about it. I also got a prepaid GSM card but it seems they entered wrong information and now, even that card doesn't work. They took Rs 220 for that including FRC.

Total waste of money. It just increases your blood pressure dealing with idiots like these.

Dear fellows,

Even if u don't enter the old RSN, just enter your reliance number and ur new sim number and still ur number would get activated on the new sim. So practically it's not mandatory to put ur old RSN.

I have tried this twice and both the times, the number was activated on the new sim.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

22 hours ago, sanjay0501 said:

Yes rcom 4g signals have been seen on 850 mhz for quite some time here in Mumbai but unable to connect.

I know for sure as I had disabled all the other bands except 850 in the phone.

Network is shown as 405-874 which is registered under Jio name but network name shown as Reliance in phone. e6f485287fdccb5ee7b5d9eea3c8de5b.jpg

53dbd4c4729ed6806da478c03bd209bd.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

U can not connect because it is locked to lyf handset imei. May b after launch of 4g from reliance we will b able to connect. Coz reliance is going to give 4g on jio network only

Dear fellows,

you must have got the RSN No. through text msg. few days back.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi!

RSN is not the OMH SIM number, it is the serial number of your CDMA phone. Most likely it is mentioned in the back side or below the battery chamber. Use that number along with your CDMA number to register your new 4G Sim for migration at RCOM website.

MEID - International Terminology

RSN - RCom's Terminology.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2016 at 11:04 AM, mfaiz2 said:

Can someone help me to get my rsn number of CDMA omh??

RSN/ESN number associated with your device/SIM, if not readable, can be retrieved at any Reliance Store.   

Devices without SIM have their unique ESN/RSN printed on the devices themselves whereas devices with SIM have their ESN/RSN printed on the SIM. Such devices have MEID that provide unique identity to them.

Edited by ajay16
  • Like 1

RCom has provided RSN no. to everyone through SMS before closure of their cdma network.

I'm from Bangalore, Karnataka circle with 2 postpaid CDMA connections. I am getting atleast 5 calls daily for getting the new 4G sim. But i dont want to migrate to the patchy RGSM network. Somebody in this forum suggested to port out before migrating to 4G. Hence i submitted a port out request on saturday and submitted my forms to Airtel. They said it will take exact 7 days for the request to be complete. I believe the CDMA network will be shutting down only after 30, June.

I already paid my this month bill in advance, as i dont want the porting request rejected because of outstanding. Will there be any issues in porting out? Even though i submitted port out request, Should i need to get the 4G sim and register it now?I dont want to loose my numbers.

10 minutes ago, iamrafic said:

I'm from Bangalore, Karnataka circle with 2 postpaid CDMA connections. I am getting atleast 5 calls daily for getting the new 4G sim. But i dont want to migrate to the patchy RGSM network. Somebody in this forum suggested to port out before migrating to 4G. Hence i submitted a port out request on saturday and submitted my forms to Airtel. They said it will take exact 7 days for the request to be complete. I believe the CDMA network will be shutting down only after 30, June.

I already paid my this month bill in advance, as i dont want the porting request rejected because of outstanding. Will there be any issues in porting out? Even though i submitted port out request, Should i need to get the 4G sim and register it now?I dont want to loose my numbers.

no there will be no problem as u have generated the porting code. More over in any case if ur porting is not complete, u can any time get a 4g sim. even after they have closed cdma.

I ported my 17 rcdma nos to idea. Some were upgraded and some not . No problem whatsoever in porting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I ported my 17 rcdma nos to idea. Some were upgraded and some not . No problem whatsoever in porting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This 4 sim phone might be useful to you..

08f5ade5f8fd3c309081b40066737b4a.jpg

This 4 sim phone might be useful to you..

08f5ade5f8fd3c309081b40066737b4a.jpg

He is talking about corporate postpaid connections of 17 numbers.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

He is talking about corporate postpaid connections of 17 numbers.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Just kidding sir. Please don't take it seriously.