Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Cheap tactics followed by Reliance. I was constantly getting sms for the so called 4g upgrade so got the new sim. Till the time the new sim was registered at 1299 my base tariff was 1 rupee for 3 mins for all calls. Didn't notice till today I had a call of 40 mins and charges of 49 for the same. When contacted cc dumb reasons pack may have expired blah blah when countered saying this has been my tariff since I took the number how can it expire just after the so called address with no answers I am told to goto reliance store to check it why is reliance stooping so low? Anyone else faced such issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just kidding sir. Please don't take it seriously.

Yeah, I know that. But please note that, he is helping others wrt the confusion about MNP from Rcdma to other network during the so called 4g fake upgrade.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I think we shud wait few days. Jio's 4g network is gud. And we can port any time if it's not upto mark. I will wait till I consume my 10gb free 4g data. 

8 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Cheap tactics followed by Reliance. I was constantly getting sms for the so called 4g upgrade so got the new sim. Till the time the new sim was registered at 1299 my base tariff was 1 rupee for 3 mins for all calls. Didn't notice till today I had a call of 40 mins and charges of 49 for the same. When contacted cc dumb reasons pack may have expired blah blah when countered saying this has been my tariff since I took the number how can it expire just after the so called address with no answers I am told to goto reliance store to check it why is reliance stooping so low? Anyone else faced such issues?

@Deepak Shankar Even I'm facing the same issue... Earlier I had life time 50p home and roam .. after upgrade tariff has been changed to 2p/sec local nd std... Yesterday I recharged with 74rs R-R 15p and R-O 30p, STD 75p.. 84 days... This recharge is working even after 4g upgrade...!!  Yet I'm on cdma... Only God knows whether this tariff will be carry forwarded after the 4g SIM gets activated...!!

Edited by Siddarth Raju
Typing error sorry
  • Like 1

Hi!

RSN is not the OMH SIM number, it is the serial number of your CDMA phone. Most likely it is mentioned in the back side or below the battery chamber. Use that number along with your CDMA number to register your new 4G Sim for migration at RCOM website.

Hi abhi , you are right if it comes to non sim based phones.. For ruim based phones, rsn is something which is written on sim cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks,

Thanks for all expert comments.

Finally activated this 4g sim after following up many times with rel.

Sometimes able to latch to RCOM UPE 3g which seems to be aircel's network.

Got to know from reliance guyz that 4g will start working in UP East on 25th Jun .. Fingers crossed ;)

for one of the Maharashtra's cdma no, post 4g upgrade, I only got 1GB 2g data and not 3G. The MBAL is not showing up any data bal at all, checked this in the instacare app!:huh:

1gb 2g is default. Everyone got that. U ll get 10gb 4g when they will start 4g.

13 minutes ago, nuhearts said:

for one of the Maharashtra's cdma no, post 4g upgrade, I only got 1GB 2g data and not 3G. The MBAL is not showing up any data bal at all, checked this in the instacare app!:huh:

You will get 10 GB data after launch of LTE network. Meanwhile, you can use 1 GB data. To use 3G, enable roaming from SIM toolkit; set network at 'WCDMA only' and restart your phone.

3 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

You will get 10 GB data after launch of LTE network. Meanwhile, you can use 1 GB data. To use 3G, enable roaming from SIM toolkit; set network at 'WCDMA only' and restart your phone.

Its not that I cannot use 3g. I have another number too, for that if I check in the instacare app, it shows 3g 1GB data, but for this it shows in the 2g section and 3g has no data.

Edited by nuhearts

1 minute ago, nuhearts said:

Its not that I cannot use 3g. I have another number too, for that if I check in the app, it shows 3g 1GB data, but for this it shows in the 2g section and 3g has no data.

Have you tried those steps? I am getting 3g in UP(E) through Aircel network.

1 minute ago, ajay16 said:

Have you tried those steps? I am getting 3g in UP(E) through Aircel network.

I am getting 3g data and signals, but the balance credited to my account, when I check in reliance app is only 2g and not 3g.

Enjoying 3G in delhi using UPW Pseudo 4G sim post CDMA conversion. Speed is good. Instacare shows approx. 1 GB data. 

15 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

hi deepak, 

ur 4g upgrqade sim was activated ah?. relaiance people said that once the cdma service cut only we can use the 4g upgrade sim like that.

@Deepak Shankar Even I'm facing the same issue... Earlier I had life time 50p home and roam .. after upgrade tariff has been changed to 2p/sec local nd std... Yesterday I recharged with 74rs R-R 15p and R-O 30p, STD 75p.. 84 days... This recharge is working even after 4g upgrade...!!  Yet I'm on cdma... Only God knows whether this tariff will be carry forwarded after the 4g SIM gets activated...!!

I just went to the store to check why this happened reliance has said that for prepaid user whose base plan is less than 2p/sec shall be automatically migrated to 2p/s. I was having 1 rupee for 3 mins so it has been changed had I known of such cheap tactics I would have not opted for the upgrade at all. The store guy says reliance has informed them that cdma will be shut down on 23rd. Sorry sir adjust for 3 days it will get migrated. Wonder what more surprises reliance has in store for us

hi deepak, 

ur 4g upgrqade sim was activated ah?. relaiance people said that once the cdma service cut only we can use the 4g upgrade sim like that.

Not yet anbu the latest date I heard today is 23rd. Still cdma is working fine except that they have changed base fare and looting now

18 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

yes reliance is having good record in incorrect billing. Many people face such problems with reliance.

Edited by drvirag

2 hours ago, anbuitech said:

hi deepak, 

they r activating incrementally. and cdma network will continue for few more days.

i have a reliance cdma sim of rajasthan circle and got some sms for 4g upgrade, base plan is all calls @50p. per minute.

this is used for incoming calls only and very rare outgoing calls so i just want to know will i get same base plan if i upgrade to new gsm sim??

i dont have any spare gsm mobile what should i do now?? i believe moving to mts or tata is not going to solve.

now that verizon moto e useless as its not working with gsm sim.

please suggest what to do....

i have a reliance cdma sim of rajasthan circle and got some sms for 4g upgrade, base plan is all calls @50p. per minute.

this is used for incoming calls only and very rare outgoing calls so i just want to know will i get same base plan if i upgrade to new gsm sim??

i dont have any spare gsm mobile what should i do now?? i believe moving to mts or tata is not going to solve.

Till the migration happens you shall be put on 2p/sec plan as of now I am hearing 23 rd june as the date of closure

1 hour ago, cooladitya007 said:

u have to migrate to 4g or any other network. As rcom will be closing cdma services. For cdma u can use bsnl cdma. see this:

12 hours ago, mfaiz2 said:

Sometimes able to latch to RCOM UPE 3g which seems to be aircel's network.

Yes, It is Aircel 3G.

13 hours ago, mfaiz2 said:

Got to know from reliance guyz that 4g will start working in UP East on 25th Jun .. Fingers crossed

A retailer said that rjio will be launched on the same day i.e. on 25 June.